Looking to get back into APB

Yo guys.

Some of you may or may not know me I used to play A path beyond back in the day. 2004ish and on wards. I was massively active around 2011 and went by the in game nick as "Mike." Anyway I stopped playing when the MP Gaming server got shut off and was around for a bit then stopped altogether. I was wandering if it's worth getting back into APB. I used to love playing a lot and me and my old friends Jon and Leo where chatting about if we should get back into playing competitively.

I just want to know what major changes there have been, if it's worth getting back into the game now and also if their is any space for us oldies lol.

Hey man, welcome back! Sure, we always have room for more! We already have plenty of "oldies" among us :p Bring you and all your buddies, we want 'em all!

As far as the APB changes, there have been many over the years. If you want some more in-depth info, you can check under the "Project News" subforum toward the top of the main forum page. It has a section of changelogs and blogs for each of our games that are in active development, with hopefully more to come! Also if you're looking for some more dated information from the APB gamma era (from around and after the time you say you left for a bit), you can check on the Bluehell Productions forum in the same general location as it is on our forum.

Any questions, just let us know! Enjoy!

Hi, I remember you! I'd say it's absolutely worth it, but then as the lead developer I might be a tad biased :v

A number of oldies have come back and seem to be here to stay so you shouldn't have any trouble fitting in.

Here's a few things of note: infantry other than Volkov are actually worthwhile now, Tech Levels don't gradually unlock anymore (everything that is available on a map can be bought as soon as you have money), and naval combat has returned - as someone who's been playing for longer than I have I'm sure you've missed it! And that's just a TL;DR of those 3 things, there's so many more major changes but I'd rather not bore you with the details. However, I'm still supporting the game with constant balance/bugfix patches, so you can expect that most major problems that arise won't be sticking around for too long.

As far as the APB changes, there have been many over the years. If you want some more in-depth info, you can check under the "Project News" subforum toward the top of the main forum page. It has a section of changelogs and blogs for each of our games that are in active development, with hopefully more to come! Also if you're looking for some more dated information from the APB gamma era (from around and after the time you say you left for a bit), you can check on the Bluehell Productions forum in the same general location as it is on our forum.

That reminds me that I never did post a full changelog for 3.0 :x Here it is though I doubt Mike is looking for a big wall of text.

Haha Many thanks I do remember you too Chopbam, it has been a very long time. I'll see what the others think of it as well also just to throw it out there I don't mind getting involved and contributing some how. I've got a load of experience in Audio programming that I wouldn't mind offering to help out with if needs be.

Thanks pushwall it's been a very longtime since I've gone up against you. I can even remember how much of a pain it was to face you when you were packing the M16 :D

I've managed to network with a load of oldies using steam etc. So I will drop them all a line see if they want to get back together for old times sake. Also I don't really miss naval combat. from what I remember it was quite buggy, but I can imagine you guys have got it all sorted out. :dance:

I would love to get more involved this time round so If you need any help regarding audio hit me up. I've always wanted to make a custom soundtrack for example, just need to balance it out with my day job of Jingle writing.

Edited by Mic609

Sounds like you packed up about the same time I did. Hi, used to go by Glaed, I think I remember you.

But yeah as another oldbie who's returned, Delta really is the best version of APB we've ever had. It managed to shed a lot of the more stupid changes Gamma made (thank god tech levels are gone) and Pushwall's been really good about keeping an eye on balance and listening to player suggestions (as long as they're not stupid, and unfortunately for his sanity half of them have been, including some of mine :X ) And there's a lot of little tweaks and stuff that make it just... feel good and play better than Beta or Gamma. And lately the units that don't stand out at all have been getting changes to make them somewhat unique and useful - grenadiers recently got a huge overhaul, for example, and the Medic has a unique submachinegun.

Sounds like you packed up about the same time I did. Hi, used to go by Glaed, I think I remember you.

But yeah as another oldbie who's returned, Delta really is the best version of APB we've ever had. It managed to shed a lot of the more stupid changes Gamma made (thank god tech levels are gone) and Pushwall's been really good about keeping an eye on balance and listening to player suggestions (as long as they're not stupid, and unfortunately for his sanity half of them have been, including some of mine :X ) And there's a lot of little tweaks and stuff that make it just... feel good and play better than Beta or Gamma. And lately the units that don't stand out at all have been getting changes to make them somewhat unique and useful - grenadiers recently got a huge overhaul, for example, and the Medic has a unique submachinegun.

Nice to hear. I will have to download it when I can. Yes I do remember you. I found some videos of youtube that had most of us in it haha. I'll try and post them if that's something that people would like to reminisce about. :) I still have the old MP gaming website bookmarked, surprisingly it is still up and shows all of our old stats. nostalgic to see mine on there. Here is the link if you're interested. :D

http://apb.mp-gaming.com/player-ranks/monthly/

Edited by Mic609

Haha No problem sure. The videos are not mine I found them from a player named Christo. But he has got a few with us in it.

First video includes me and some of my friends I'm still in contact with to this date (Jonathan, Leo, Akpella) On the classic map Seamist. It also includes Blender and his trademarked "B00m" :3 Also if you watch closely on the first video you'll see me getting V2'd as well just after i bought a new sarge :sigh:

[YT]g5dqSZ_1eak[/YT]

This one is the Xmas Map. I'm not in it, But Chopbam is and some other oldie players (Verti_60, APB_ICE) ALSO You Einstein. :D

[YT]npMRv3FHR4I[/YT]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npMRv3FHR4I

I'll see what else I can dig up for old times sake If you want. :p

Edit: Your forums are different so I have no clue on how to link Youtube videos into my post lolol. So I'll just include the Links.

Edited by Mic609

Welcome back, please post them! :-D

Edit: Oops, I broke the quotes. Can't even delete them.

BBCode Mode. It's a button at the top left of your wysiwyg that makes it possible to avoid all sorts of formatting problems.

You know, I've been watching ABP for years, I'd say at least 8, and yet I've never played a multiplayer match. I tend to be a bit uncomfortable with multiplayer games, due to the social aspect, but I've played Reborn before. I think once I've moved and gotten better internet I'll start playing, because it looks like a freaking blast.

You know, I've been watching ABP for years, I'd say at least 8, and yet I've never played a multiplayer match. I tend to be a bit uncomfortable with multiplayer games, due to the social aspect, but I've played Reborn before. I think once I've moved and gotten better internet I'll start playing, because it looks like a freaking blast.

Granted online can get a bit hectic, it's alright. I've only had a major issue with one player, Strncrz But most of the time we sorted it out in game buy killing each other lol. APB Is good fun, I like it more since I had the original Red alert in the 90s and grew up with it, but also because it seems more down to earth and not so SCFI.

APB always had solid multiplayer gameplay (Gamma didn't happen), you missed out on a lot of fun for those 8 years, friend!

Always good to see old faces return, though. The more the better, since at this point it is a low playerbase that is holding back the game more than anything else.

Dude...it is a freaking blast! :D You have to jump in and play!