[Game End] RA:APB-themed Mafia game IV (Staplerfahrer Edition)

VERTi60

K let's approach this a different way.

Jeod, your goal is to survive till the end. You yourself don't care whether Allies or Soviets win, as long as you survive. You've admitted to this. Pushing for a player's surrender without due process favors your goal. It'll make the day end sooner, one more player dead, all the while giving you another day to live.

Look, even in your wording about a peaceful surrender you say, "If you do surrender and you are not the AA Gun, however, then we deal a blow to ourselves as we lost a SAM Site," as if you were Soviet-aligned or something. As if you wouldn't win if all the Soviets died and you were still alive.

I appeal to the rest of my comrades to see reason and lynch Jeod. Even if I WAS Allied, taking care of this first wouldn't harm you and you could always examine/bomb me later. But let's get this distraction out of the way.

If that doesn't work, well Chaos will have taken off and have a gun to shoot, and FRAYDO can bomb ChopBam to be doubly sure.

My 2 cents about your battle plan, Jeod.

Em you DO realize that he can only shoot me down when I am in the sky? So taking off means literally exposing myself to a the AA gun.

I'd rather see FRAYDO parabomb him from a safe distance if anything.

Also I am still not 100% sold on you 2 neutrals being harmless BUT if I was to believe Mojo for a bit or just use common sense, there has to be Allied person somewhere. And if there's Allied person somewhere, the probability of 2 hostile TPs in addition to scum is an overkill.

Now another thing.

Let's take these facts into consideration:

- GenCamo never said he was attacked.

- BP in Vert's games only saves from day shooting from non-vehicle buster weapon types (see HT being NKed by a spy Jeod last game).

Now let's sprinkle it with a couple more facts:

- We had no allied NK happen.

- Allied defenses can't NK.

- HPad can NK.

- Mojo never fired at day.

- ChopBam did like twice in 2 days.

Sure, only SAMs can do that from the official sheet but I am having serious issues finding roles in this game which ARE on that sheet (whole Molotov faction, MRJ, Spy Plane, Forklift(?), RDome(?)). I can only assume that AA gun would follow the same rule as SAM site. PBox does this with FT after all.

If that doesn't work, well Chaos will have taken off and have a gun to shoot, and FRAYDO can bomb ChopBam to be doubly sure.

My 2 cents about your battle plan, Jeod.

Em you DO realize that he can only shoot me down when I am in the sky? So taking off means literally exposing myself to a the AA gun.

I'd rather see FRAYDO parabomb him from a safe distance if anything.

Also I am still not 100% sold on you 2 neutrals being harmless BUT if I was to believe Mojo for a bit or just use common sense, there has to be Allied person somewhere. And if there's Allied person somewhere, the probability of 2 hostile TPs in addition to scum is an overkill.

Now another thing.

Let's take these facts into consideration:

- GenCamo never said he was attacked.

- BP in Vert's games only saves from day shooting from non-vehicle buster weapon types (see HT being NKed by a spy Jeod last game).

Now let's sprinkle it with a couple more facts:

- We had no allied NK happen.

- Allied defenses can't NK.

- HPad can NK.

- Mojo never fired at day.

- ChopBam did like twice in 2 days.

Sure, only SAMs can do that from the official sheet but I am having serious issues finding roles in this game which ARE on that sheet (whole Molotov faction, MRJ, Spy Plane, Forklift(?), RDome(?)). I can only assume that AA gun would follow the same rule as SAM site. PBox does this with FT after all.

Generalcamo losing his BP to attempted NK assumed that Mojoman was the scum making the NK. The fact that he didn't claim it was not only because it didn't fit his roleclaim, but because as you said Allied defenses cannot NK. ChopBam's refill on ammo is a balance factor. He would have no way to win if he only had one shot and three air units to deal with.

Generalcamo losing his BP to attempted NK assumed that Mojoman was the scum making the NK. The fact that he didn't claim it was not only because it didn't fit his roleclaim, but because as you said Allied defenses cannot NK. ChopBam's refill on ammo is a balance factor. He would have no way to win if he only had one shot and three air units to deal with.

I wasn't disagreeing about the AA gun theory.

I was expanding and explaining it :p

Ah, I misunderstood. In regards to your fear of flying: it wouldn't matter. If ChopBam is taken out, the game is over, and if FRAYDO somehow fails the bombing, you're the only one with a shot at him the next day. Order of events may dictate that you are still "landed" until the end of the night phase, so ChopBam could only shoot at you the following night when you are trying to land and refill.

Look, ChopBam, the only way out of this one is if you can convince us that Mojoman is the scum we're looking for. Only you and him fit for the final scum, for the reasons already discussed.

That is, if you're confident enough to try to argue it.

giphy.gif

So in painful detail, my battle phase action is nothing.

My plan phase is the radar scan of how many soviet, allied, neutral/third party players are in the game every other day.

I'm lynch proof (duh).

That's it. Not the most exciting role, but useful. So basically tomorrow, unless verti threw in some other twist, I should be able to see all factions and their numbers.

Pushing to lynch an irrelevant neutral player only favours scum, giving them a free nightkill.

This is my response to chopbam post suggesting jeod as a lynch target.

Chaos and I have been discussing via masonry, and we've come to this conclusion:

With the abundance of Soviet air units (Nodlied Yak, Cat5 Spy Plane, Chaos MiG), we might have had an Allied AA gun instead of the Soviet SAM site all along. As I think it, an AA gun can miss shots just as well as a SAM site. The Killing_You reveal of MRJ can certainly mean yet another role not listed on the role sheet.

ChopBam had no problem taking shots at Killing_You and at Voe to clear his name, which we all then immediately passed it off as a friendly SAM site. Knowing he would miss, he could protect his name safely without harming his teammates.

Why would Choppy be the SAM site if there are no allied planes in game? Why would he be an AA gun if he's in the enemy territory? Wouldn't an AA-Truck role fit him more?

If ChopBam were a AA-truck rather than the AA gun, that would make him lynchable. However, ChopBam had no issue with being voted upon to confirm his buildingship. Of course, we all thought of him as being the SAM site. He may very well be a building after all. We may have just had his alignment wrong from Day 1.

Moving to another note.

Reading more throughout this thread, TP really wanted Mojoman dead. Generalcamo (RIP) and Jeod kept calling for a bombing of him. It's this insistence that confirms Mojoman as town for me.

Speaking of ~

Mojoman. Let's go back to yesterday Day 2.

I honestly believe something bad will happen if we allow Fraydo to live.

Like, I don't want to say Stalin's personal guard inc. but totally Stalin's personal guard inc.

I am very sure he is not scum, but if we don't kill him now, town is going to regret it by Day 4, regardless of if we kill the remaining Allies. Which, by the way, won't happen by day 4, unless we are really lucky with our shots (Ala radar jammer)

What did you believe I was before then when you were pushing towards me? You can clearly see I am town now. Do you still maintain the belief that I should be killed before Day 4?

We're dragging this on for too long. Let's hammer ChopBam early and finish this game before the weekend is out. That way we can start the APB RPG.

If he's a building, we won't be finishing anything.

It is also highly unlikely to have AA trucks in the game because they only exist in OpenRA.

That said, Voe might get upset at this, but he and Sovs are still different factions.

I may appreciate your help in removing Molotovs and Allies but, you likely helped yourself just as much as you've helped us.

You know, this one line, dropped in a pretty obvious impatience is actually very interesting.

The only way the game would end before weekend is out is if it would end N3.

For it to happen:

- ChopBam is scum and would be flipped to neutral.

- Voe is a cult leader, and we'll be at 3C/1A/2S tomorrow. Even if I'll land a hit on either cult or scum, Sovs would lose.

So here's the thing.

##vote Voe

- If ChopBam is scum, he's still a building as he fired for 2 days in a row. Scum defenses can't NK so we should be ok.

- If Mojo is scum, he'll NK someone. Tomorrow would be 1 scum, 1 cultist and 2 sovs. Orphaned cultists are either harmless or outright eliminated normally. Unless they are viceroids >_>

This way we are covered reliably from most "unexpected" twists of the current situation.

Now there's one more detail which caught my attention.

Ask MIG (50% stuck/50% miss) to attack an AA gun? Seriously? What kind of idea is that? Unless it was either an attempt to trick me into doing something stupid or just an excuse to end the day ASAP. Which is further reinforced by this curious slip:

We're dragging this on for too long. Let's hammer ChopBam early and finish this game before the weekend is out. That way we can start the APB RPG.

I appeal to the rest of my comrades to see reason and lynch Jeod.

Voe the converter aka the friendship cult leader. Lynching a cultist is a waste of time really.

Eager to hammer our anti-air defense, are we? Soviet or Allied, a hammer on ChopBam would be a wasted lynch given the possibility he's always been a building.

The only way this game will be done before the weekend is by a conversion tonight. A conversion game-ender that is likely to happen as long as Voe is alive.

Pushing to lynch an irrelevant neutral player only favours scum, giving them a free nightkill.

This is my response to chopbam post suggesting jeod as a lynch target.

Voe is right. Why lynch an irrelevant neutral player when we have him?

##vote Voe

Yeah no you're cool. I had assumed there was no third-party because I assumed my radar scan would detect a third-party even after we found out there was an Allied MRJ. I thought maybe neutrals had some sort of condition to become a third-party, and I felt convinced by other arguments that you were trying to fence sit and let us just fight it out.

Mafia edit: also

##vote Voe

Time to end this neutral threat!

Double mafia edit (?): I think 1 map totally has mobile AA trucks on it as an extra vehicle.

It is also highly unlikely to have AA trucks in the game because they only exist in OpenRA.

Bit of a meta argument here: They exist in APB as well in ToTheCore and (IIRC) Siege. And this is an APB mafia.

(Goes back to being dead)

Oh, Jeod: This one is for you:

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] Chaos_Knight voted Voe to be lynched!

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] FRAYDO voted Voe to be lynched!

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] Mojoman voted Voe to be lynched!

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Voe to be lynched!

[Day End] Voe has been HAMMERED with 4 votes!

UyiGuej.jpg

Hmm, before the attempt to lynch voe, there were some accidents reported in the outpost...

[Random Player Select] Jeod was chosen by highest value on the dice roll (97/100)

[Random Player Select] FRAYDO was chosen by highest value on the dice roll (82/100)

:soviet: Lynch 3 Result

*warning, video below contains gore!

[Lynch Result - Success] Players have decided that Voe is going to be lynched today!
Voe, the Neutral Forklift Truck (Mystery IV), was so close of surviving this game!

Prior the lynch happened, there were casualties in the outpost, mainly due to not following the safety regulations!

Jeod, the Neutral Daniel Molotov, was so close of surviving this game!
FRAYDO, the Soviet Airfield, won't serve the Motherland anymore!

:soviet: NIGHT 3

xBEygTF.png

After the lynch, the night falls soon. The Outpost staff is getting ready to sleep and Allies are planning a night kill right now. If you have any Plan Actions you want to perform during the Night, please send them now via PM before next Day starts!

:soviet: Night Guidelines

During the Night - Plan Phase (24 hour duration), Allies will have to decide to kill a Soviet player. They must also decide who will make the kill. However, certain people in both the Allies and Soviets have special roles they can use during the night to kill, protect, disrupt, or gather information. Some roles carry a certain risk while others give a little more freedom. When the new Battle Phase begins, everyone will see who has died during the night and find out what side they were on and what role they had.

Plan/Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message, same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM in advance before the next Battle phase begins (preferably asap, but not later than one hour before the game starts), otherwise you do nothing that night.

Forum Posting during the Night/Plan Phase is limited - 2 posts per player max. Players who won't comply will either receive a gimmick or a force vote on themselves.

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

:soviet: Players alive/end day CVC

Time Left:
0 day(s) , 14  hours, 59 min, 59 sec

CVC:
Chaos_Knight voted Voe
ChopBam voted Voe
Mojoman voted Voe

Voe has been HAMMERED with 4 votes!

Note: The game will start on usual Hammer time UTC 10 PM, today! You have max 14 hours from this post to send me the Night Actions! Day 4 will start in 15 hours from this post!