[Game End] RA:APB-themed Mafia game IV (Staplerfahrer Edition)

VERTi60

It's vitally important to our cause that we keep lynching Mojo lest we miss a day that happens to be his dismantling day.

We can't ask him to shoot to prove himself, so you basically have to keep straddling the bars here, CK. :(

I'm increasing the time by three extra hours since I won't be available anyway on the original hammer time. If you have battle actions available, please use them by the time runs out.

Time Left:
0 day(s) , 5  hours, 11 min, 59 sec

CVC:
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
ChopBam voted Mojoman
Mojoman voted nobody

1/3 votes casted so far
Mojoman has the most votes - 1

So here is how things can go from here:

1. Mojoman still has a bit of time before "else" happens. If he concedes, well, GG.

2. Mojoman doesn't show up and Plan B goes in effect. Plan B unfortunately implies that I have responsibility for the whole game. Totally no pressure at all.

3. I fall asleep because of flu and hell if I know what may or may not happen (unlikely).

I literally can't see how you don't know Chopbam is Allied. I can't convince a blind man of the colour blue!

You live!

And honestly, it's all I just wanted to hear.

Your numbers matched, your role makes sense with MRJ in play.

##shoot ChopBam

Good thing I made him waste his AA shot, eh? :p

Don't forget to vote if he lives through.

If you are scum, Mojo.

Well  :golfclap:

##shoot ChopBam

[battle Action] Chaos_Knight is attempting to shoot ChopBam - please STANDBY for result !

[battle Action Result - FAIL] Chaos_Knight's weapon got stuck!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 0 hours, 15 min, 29 sec

CVC:

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

ChopBam voted Mojoman

Mojoman voted nobody

1/3 votes casted so far

Mojoman has the most votes - 1

##vote ChopBam

[Vote Counted] Chaos_Knight voted ChopBam to be lynched!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 0 hours, 10 min, 23 sec

CVC:

Chaos_Knight voted ChopBam

ChopBam voted Mojoman

Mojoman voted nobody

2/3 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (1 each)

UyiGuej.jpg

:soviet: Lynch 5 Result

[Lynch Dice Result] Mojoman was chosen to be lynched by the dice roll (1.62)

[Lynch Result - Fail] Players have decided that Mojoman is going to be lynched today!
After a quick realization, you noticed that Mojoman cannot be lynched by no means necessary!

:soviet: Night 5

xBEygTF.png

After the lynch, the night falls soon. The Outpost staff is getting ready to sleep and Allies are planning a night kill right now. If you have any Plan Actions you want to perform during the Night, please send them now via PM before next Day starts!

<game result edited and moved to D6 post>

[Game End Day will be available soon]

Another day, another blizzard, thought Daniel Molotov as he lit his cigar. He and his brother, Yuri, had spent the last few months overseeing the construction of the latest airbase. They had the best surveillance equipment available to the Soviet army, but Daniel still couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. Thus, he kept his mind fixated on the bitter cold, and how mundane the constant numbness had become.

"Brother," Yuri said, "Our technicians in the RADAR dome are reporting issues with the scanners. It'll take a while to repair."
   "Do you think it could be the allies?"
   "I'm not sure. If it is them, they could be preparing for an attack."

"Tch. If they wanted to cancel the deal, a simple telegram would have sufficed." Yuri chuckled a little at that. "Did we get that new surveillance craft in yet?"

"Negative, it's been delayed due to the blizzard."

"Well, then, we'll have to do this the old fashioned way. Prepare a Yak to survey the landscape."

Daniel had put out his cigar shortly before final preparations were made, but decided to stay and watch the Yak take off anyway. It was a nice change of pace from the sounds of construction equipment. In fact, he had become so used to the constant construction that he barely noticed the forklift behind him. He was knocked over into the snow covered asphalt. He swore at the operator and ordered him to report to his supervisor. As he picked himself up, he noticed something in the distance; an unusual shape near the edge of the treeline. He decided to check it out in the morning, and went to sleep for the night.

The next morning, he promptly went to the airfield for the night's report, but was met with terrible news.

"He never came back last night," the air control officer said grimly. "We believe he went down in the forest just north of here."
   "I did see something unusual in that direction earlier," Daniel responded. But before he could say anything more, Yuri stormed off. He was on the warpath. But within an hour, he had returned with a full report. "Found it, it was a RADAR Jammer," he explained. "We believe that it interfered with the Yak's instruments, as well as caused the issues with the RADAR yesterday."

"Are you certain?"

"Yes. The wreckage of the plane showed no signs of being shot. It was a crash, plain and simple."

"I see. Yuri, meet me at the end of the runway. We need to talk."

The storm had stopped, allowing for clear skies while the Molotovs cleared their minds.

"So they've canceled the deal, then. We should be ready for anything."

"Indeed, but... hey, did you hear something?" A strange plane approached from a distance. Yuri rushed to put the base on high alert, while Daniel took a few shots just in case. He was unable to shoot down the plane, but his comrades made short work of it for him. Unbeknownst to them, however, it was a friendly Spy Plane, who managed to transmit the coordinates of the base before going down. In retaliation, his home base dispatched a Badger to destroy the cybernetic research center overnight. Many base personnel were caught in the blast... including Yuri, who had been severed in the midsection by a large steel beam. As he lay bleeding out on the ground, Daniel rushed to his aid.

"Get up! Get up! Come on, get up, man!"

"No, brother. It's too late for me."

"That's not true. That's not true. Come on, you'll be fine! You have to!"

Yuri pulled out a Makarov, and pointed it at his head. "Farewell, my brother."
  "NO!!!"

But it was too late. The gun went off, destroying Yuri's brain as the round bounced through his skull. Daniel clutched his brother's hand, weeping heavily. He took a deep breath, stood up, and stormed towards the airfield.

"Get the MiGs ready!" He was fully intent on betraying the Soviet army as revenge for his brother, but he did not make this clear just yet. As he was marching, however, he was suddenly impaled from behind. He turned his head to discover that it was the same forklift driver that knocked him over earlier. He was in such a shock that he did not notice that the forklift was heading straight for the ammunition supply. The crash detonated all of the bombs and missiles, taking with it the control tower, the hanger, and most of the MiGs, save for one. A lone pilot who had saw the whole thing suspected Allied interference, and took the last MiG to find out where they were hiding. Unfortunately, he found nothing... until he returned to base. His landing was greeted by the RADAR dome crumbling down from a controlled demolition. He rushed over to discover a lone man standing over the rubble. The man turned around, and sure enough, emblazoned on his uniform was the symbol of the Allied. The pilot rushed him, hoping to overcome the lone Allied soldier in hand to hand combat. But when he closed the distance, he felt a sharp, piercing feeling in his gut. He crumbled to the ground, clutching his wound. The last thing that he saw before his vision faded was a Chinook, landing to take the soldier back to base to celebrate another victory against the Soviet army.

^This was just a random idea of mine that I had. Apologies if I didn't get every detail right, but sometimes things get overlooked, and sometimes things like lynchfails can be sacrificed in order to maintain a flowing narrative. If nobody objects, I'd like to do this again.

:soviet: DAY 6 - Game End

C5j2A8F.png

Yet another glorious morning, comrades! Or, it would be if some of you weren't missing! After a quick search of the base, you have found who it was! 
Mojoman, the Soviet Radar Dome, has been destroyed by the Allies!

The Allies have quickly run over the Soviet Air Base Outpost, scavenged everything that was left. Our important supply line has been disrupted, and the secret cargo never made it to it's destination.
We are wondering what happened with the cybernetic research that brother Molotovs were keeping... Rumors has it that they were backed up and hidden. We can only speculate what those double crossing traitors were up to. Surely all the cargo that went missing was their doing. Selling it to the Allies to fund their wicked experiments.
Molotov Brothers were destroyed!

After the destruction of the Soviet Base and the Airfield, the only plane left in the sky had no place to refuel and eventually fell down.
Chaos_Knight, the Soviet Mig, has been destroyed!

[Game Over] 

9BcNsyR.jpg

ALLIES HAVE WON!

ChopBam, the Allied Soldier, is victorious!

I'm also rewarding the best players of the game:
Jeod, catching Allied Player in murder act on Night 1, overall keeping the game interesting and staying alive against all the odds, until Mr. KarmaForkLift took him.
FRAYDO, using his night action on correct person and at the right time, effectively removing Third Party from the game, while also keeping low profile to be unnoticed as one of the most important Town role, well, until RNGesus doing.

:soviet: Player Roles & Game Information

Player Role Infos:
tx3w5yE.png
(click for large)

Don't forget to check out the DOCS, as there is more information to the game, as well as some of the funny moments!

Allied Doc
Molotov Doc
Soviet Airfield Masonry Doc
Dead Doc

:soviet: Game Log

uaLu2WG.png
(click for large)

:soviet: Game Faction Balance Scheme

Allied players didn't have a helipad and longbow, because other characters were requested. KY's Mobile Radar Jammer was an interesting role which could block the Night Action results, while silencing other players as well during the day. It was very important as town had two strong investigator roles. The catch was that Jammer was also the unit doing Night Kills, so only one action could be chosen at the time.
The AA Gun requested by ChopBam was a direct counter for the Soviet Planes (as well as trap for Spy Plane), and it had a 50% chance to avoid the bombing from the airfield. 

Although Allied team won in the end, it was more or less doing of other factions. From balance perspective, allies were considered as the least powerful faction, although the only one with the night kill ability. The biggest asset however, was the ability to disrupt night actions and communications, combined with the anti air it had a great potential to create chaos and confusion for everyone else.

There was also one more new allied unit in game - the Allied Soldier, which will be used from now on as one of the Allied units that are replacing the dismantled structure (there will also be another one introduced later). Some players in dead doc didn't like the idea that "I've changed" it, fact is, it was never setup as final solution in the first place, but more like a balance mechanic. After the last chat game where we had the second allied pillbox, I've decided there will have to be a new unit instead of the semi-spy placeholder, which basically limited the allied players in the end (e.g. die because of meta).

I didn't want to introduce the unit before this game started to not give any idea that allies will have a building dismantle logic (again). You can check the Allied Doc where I notified Chopbam on Day 2 about it - but I didn't tell him about the Allied Soldier until he actually sent me the dismantle PM, so that he couldn't plot a trick against soviets before for an easy "meta win" either.
To make this mechanic more clear and fair as well (which starts to become a very important thing), these units replacing dismantled buildings will be displayed on future role sheets for reference, as vanilla scum units (no night actions other than NK). I sincerely apologize to anyone who thought he got too much butthurt from me trying to improve the game like this in background, but overall this didn't even had much of an influence to the game's outcome. Now that it's public and I think it's better there's no need to get emotional about it :p

Third party was created and balanced from custom roles that people suggested - Jeod's idea for the most part, while GeneralCamo wanted a stolen Mammoth tank in non town team, which basically fit with the Molotov brother idea. I had to put Isaac's Cybernetic Enhancement Center to this team since it fit as Molotov's "Bio Lab" flavor, while also making this faction a bit more balanced (and also because soviets didn't have infantry or suitable units for cybernetic enhancements this time). Molotovs didn't have a night attack, but with the combined tracking ability, bodyguard and refilling (+upgrading) they were able to become stronger while also controlling the day with votes and coordinated battle actions.

From the start you could really see that the synergistic abilities as well as day actions worked pretty well against both town and allies, specifically on the start of Day 2 when they caught allied player with "pants down". The only problem here was that killing the only allied player capable of night kills (at that time) disrupted the long term periodic night kill balance and made town a bit stronger. Town recovered from losing two planes quickly and after losing their refilling ability the Third Party could still go on, there were some balance mechanics in place helping the already "improved" units to get extra upgrades in case of stall (this included a one time extra shot and passive anti building night action available when only buildings were left alive).

In case Molotov Brothers would be defeated with only the Cybernetic Center in game, Isaac could still win by either getting converted by voe, or by getting captured by remaining winning faction. This would also uncover some of the storyline, which will be spared for next game (I guess?).

Soviets were consisting of only 5 players, but it was a very powerful faction, featuring a possible Masonry of 4 (3 planes and an airfield, available after 2 night actions), two buildings, one giving the Mason + bombing ability, other passive faction balance investigator. Two refillable vehicles (anti inf and anti vehicle), and one super cop vehicle. 3 units were advertised on game start, spy plane was requested by Category 5 a while ago before APB Mafia III, while Dome was an addition to learn about the other factions such as TP, hint a mobile jammer in game (blocking result), and neutral player count which could go up as well.

Soviets were a faction of greatest potential. The large possible masonry and combined investigations with refillable battle actions could basically pin point the remaining enemy players pretty effectively. Hence the Allies had more counters than actual firepower, and Third Party was the faction with greatest firepower.
I kinda liked how the balance shifted from one side to another whenever a player from each faction died.

And there was also Voe, our Neutral, "clumsy" forklift truck driver. This was one of the few mystery units that will for sure make a moment in history. :p
His role is summed in the video which was played after his lynch:

Voe's role, even though it looked as trollish, was also actually a very important game balancer, mostly because to avoid long dragged game if by any chance both refillable structures would die sooner then the rest of the players. Voe was also serving as a "safe win" for those remaining players that thought were done for. I was really hoping the game would end on Day 3 with voe converting the last scum. Lynching voe was probably one of the biggest mistakes since if you think about it, EVERYONE COULD HAVE WON -Town, Molotov, the last allied player as well as voe.

One more observation: The crazier setups, the more "balanced" it gets (game-play wise for this and last game). Even though this has game has gone through several crazy events, anyone could still win by the end. In other two more classic APB Mafia games setups it was usually a simple steamroll (Town's case in APB Mafia I and Allies' case in APB Mafia II), but of course it is mainly due to player actions. And to be completely honest I really liked how everyone got engaged on Day 1 and also especially on Day 2, we had a record number of players casting a vote by the end of the day as well as excellent use of day and night actions. I have never seen before all players so dedicated from the very start (we usually have slackers, don't we? :p)
So if you still feel you didn't do well this game, I beg to differ. Everyone did amazing job!

Also extra special thanks to GeneralCamo, Killing you, Cat5 and others who participated in providing extra content to the game via game docs, suggestions, plans and storylines. It was a good read.