[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

7 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

For example Jod could as well work with voe (who wanted to try the death note) or Mojoman who I suspected kinda flipped too to have the death note.

I'll also say I was very surprised no townies got more trigger happy. Well, I guess Voe *kinda* did, but with my fake note I noticed Mojo was acting like a loose cannon, so I gave him the fake note in hopes he'd create some drama and get the town to pile on him, but it really didn't happen as explosively as I hoped :p

45 minutes ago, Jeod said:

This was my exact role request to Vert:

I ended up being the guy who somewhat controlled how the game progressed. I even made a great distraction--even in the docs I can see that you were all trying to figure out how to kill me or putting me on your "save for later but ignore for now" lists.

I've made the game for you lad, so no matter how much I tried to come up with something that would fit, it always ended up you being the Shinigami playing others for fools.

(in the original concept with 12-16 players, I planned to have two Shinigamis, preferably with opposite or conflicting objectives - just like cat5 pointed out, something like the "Judges" from the Hunger Games mafia, directing the game from background but competing with each other)

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'll also say I was very surprised no townies got more trigger happy. Well, I guess Voe *kinda* did, but with my fake note I noticed Mojo was acting like a loose cannon, so I gave him the fake note in hopes he'd create some drama and get the town to pile on him, but it really didn't happen as explosively as I hoped :p

That was their undoing. Town had only three ways of eliminating scum: by killing scum with the notebooks, by arresting scum while they possessed notebooks, and by a single gunshot. There were four Kira suspects and only one died via gunshot. Without the will to use the notebooks to eliminate the other possible threats, town severely lessened their chances of winning. A point I would have argued quite strongly to Nodlied about had I been task force.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

I've made the game for you lad, so no matter how much I tried to come up with something that would fit, it always ended up you being the Shinigami playing others for fools.

(in the original concept with 12-16 players, I planned to have two Shinigamis, preferably with opposite or conflicting objectives - just like cat5 pointed out, something like the "Judges" from the Hunger Games mafia, directing the game from background but competing with each other)

Oh I thoroughly enjoyed my role. Sure it was frustrating the first few days, but you can see clearly that the game grabbed my full attention when OP47 came into play.

Well the only one using the Notebook would be Nodlied (to become Kira suspect and fulfill his own objective to clear Light), but we know Nodlied would never do it. Using the Notebook was tricky but everyone who used it got a special info about others or about themselves, even an ability.

In that regards voe was right to explore this possibility.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

That was their undoing. Town had only three ways of eliminating scum: by killing scum with the notebooks, by arresting scum while they possessed notebooks, and by a single gunshot. There were four Kira suspects and only one died via gunshot. Without the will to use the notebooks to eliminate the other possible threats, town severely lessened their chances of winning. A point I would have argued quite strongly to Nodlied about had I been task force.

If I'd been town I'd have been pretty heavily in 'use the notebook for good' camp too. I'll admit, even as a KS I didn't know if the notes could possibly corrupt people, and I'd have paused a bit to evaluate that, but in a team setting I'd have taken one for the team if need be.

Also, reading the KY-Nod doc, Verti says don't call him sensei but had no problems when I call him Verti-sama :v

Edit: Nevermind:  Early morning my eyes do not the see the color well, much like that colorblindness troll test :p

Edited by OrangeP47

20 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Damn KY, you could have saved that sports car :p

Truth be told, I had a specific situation in mind for that thing. I wasn't going to use it unless I was about to be investigated and was holding the Notebook. My identity being public didn't matter too much (in fact I was fully expecting to be investigated Day 5, but then Nodlied had some other ideas that sounded better), but I wasn't about to be caught with a notebook in hand.

Also, I wonder what would've happened had Orange and I directed people to investigate Choppy rather than Nodlied. I think doing that ended up being our achilles heel.

Just now, Killing You said:

Also, I wonder what would've happened had Orange and I directed people to investigate Choppy rather than Nodlied. I think doing that ended up being our achilles heel.

We spent too much time derping about if we could fire Chop's gun for him. That said, I did consider writing myself in the notebook for protection (and I see from docs I'm not the only one who had that idea), but in the end decided that since I'd already had a killstreak of like 5 people it was okay to pass the torch.

I'm curious, why allow a player to use accumulated proposal/trust before modifying it by what other players did to it? For example, someone reset my trust to 60. If that took effect before the Debt Note, I'd not been able to target ChopBam. I think something similar would have happened to Jeod when I stole his trust.

It didn't really seem like stat-changing abilities really did much since they took effect after, and inflation worked out in such a way that there was always so many more points coming in that starting values rarely mattered.

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm curious, why allow a player to use accumulated proposal/trust before modifying it by what other players did to it? For example, someone reset my trust to 60.

Logic of night action dictates that either you go with "who did what" first, or which action takes precedence. In this case actions first use up the proposal/trust values required for the action and then the other actions take place.

So you didn't know yet that your proposal will reset to 60 as that action will be resolved before morning. It's also retrospectively inconvenient to cancel a whole bunch of actions just because of one other action (which isn't even suppose to be a blocker action but a point modifier that is applied before day start and bonus income).

I thought of getting one of those myself, but I don't really use notebooks in general. My fiancee, on the other hand, loved the show so much when I showed it to her that she bought some L socks.

71a67HzArSL._UX679_.jpg

I don't really use them either, but it's pretty well constructed for what it is. Verti went to great lengths to try and convince me it was going to be a figure, not a Death Note. This has prompted me to actually clean out some of my old junk a bit so I can put this some place where it looks nice.

17 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I don't really use them either, but it's pretty well constructed for what it is. Verti went to great lengths to try and convince me it was going to be a figure, not a Death Note. This has prompted me to actually clean out some of my old junk a bit so I can put this some place where it looks nice.

Wait, what? Did Verti get you to buy that or did he send it to you? :s

Verti you dog! :v

Speaking of figures, Funko POP is releasing death note figures this summer. I have Will Riker sitting in my windowsill right now (his head barely peeks out the window), and we're going to add L when he comes out.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Verti you dog! :v

Speaking of figures, Funko POP is releasing death note figures this summer. I have Will Riker sitting in my windowsill right now (his head barely peeks out the window), and we're going to add L when he comes out.

As in TNG Riker? That's hilarious (and great).

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Yep, TNG Riker. Fiancee has Civil War versions of Cap and Bucky in boxes on our dresser. She didn't want to take them out of their boxes.

Somewhere I had Malcolm Reed from Enterprise. He came with a small phase pistol. I also had a large size phase pistol and communicator. I don't particularly care for Enterprise over the other serieses (it's alright) but that was what was on around the brief window I thought about getting things like that.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

The only ones I enjoyed were TOS and TNG. Everything after was meh, even the newer movies.

My main complaint with the new movies is I just hate it when entire timelines get thrown out. I don't like hitting the 'redo button' so to speak. They're okay though. Overall I enjoy all Star Trek.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

My main complaint with the new movies is I just hate it when entire timelines get thrown out. I don't like hitting the 'redo button' so to speak. They're okay though. Overall I enjoy all Star Trek.

The timeline stuff didn't bother me, it's that the timeline change apparently magically changed the personalities of everyone that I hated. Hollywood keeps trying to "Americanize" everything, and they constantly destroy everything they do it to.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

The timeline stuff didn't bother me, it's that the timeline change apparently magically changed the personalities of everyone that I hated. Hollywood keeps trying to "Americanize" everything, and they constantly destroy everything they do it to.

Well yeah, there are *other* problems with the new movies too. They're overall too action-y and less in the 'spirit' of Star Trek, so to speak, as a very broad brush. On another hand, while there are things with the new 'look' I like, overall there's a lot of things i don't like about that envisioning of the Enterprise too...