[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

u8D5V0X.png Day 9 - Selection for the New World

Nodlied has granted all of his Proposal Points as trust to Killing You before dying on the start of the day. He also passed his gun to him. .

Nodlied proposed 98488 Trust Points to Killing You!

Nodlied as Soichiro Yagami, the Japanese Task Force, died of heart attack!

Killing You then spent all his Proposal Points towards Category 5 as trust as well as his Sports Car. What happens to Killing You next is kinda... bizarre. Watch the video to find out what exactly.

Killing You proposed 30459 Trust Points to Category 5 Hurricane!

Killing You as Kyosuke Higuchi, the Kira Suspect, died in very bizarre accident...

Chopbam died in 3 days, peacefully, while he was sleeping. Until that event, he took no actions, including events such as using night actions. This blocked his call for N, the only successor of L still alive. Without this, the Kira case fell under Light's hand.

Chopbam as Watari, the Japanese Task Force, died of heart attack!

All members of the Task Force have been eliminated!

L has no replacement, and as such, Light has won!

Kira+Light+Yagami+Death+Note+Anime.jpg

Category 5 Hurricane as Misa Amane, the Kira Suspect, was the only human survivor...

Jeod as Ryuk has accomplished his goal to get entertained, the Death Note was used more at least 5 times...

Even though OrangeP47 was shot by heroic plot of Chopbam, he still managed to fulfill objective as the best Kira supporter, killing half of the players...

From what we know:

• Kira needs a Face and Name to kill.
  • Kira can manipulate his victims before they die.
  • Light Yagami is also a Kira suspect (I'd say the odds are 5%)
  • Misa Amane is now a 2nd Kira suspect
  • 2nd Kira can make a "Shinigami Eyes" deal, which enables him/her to kill without knowing the victim's name...
  • Mello is one of the L's successors, desperate to beat his counterpart, N as well as L, and others to catch Kira first
  • Mello is not kira but he has some ties with Mafia to get the Notebooks
  • There are two or more Notebooks in the human world it seems, and at least one is still in the possession of Kira
  • Shinigami can appear whenever they like and are visible to anyone who interacted with Notebook
  • L has deduced that Kira powers can pass from person to person (ownership of the Notebook can be changed or forfeited)
  • NPA will no longer support investigation of Kira case, Task Force members are on their own
  • Aizawa, member of the Task Force, decided to work alone on the case
  • Kanzo Mogi who was assigned to protect Misa, died of heart attack - we suspect Kira got him first
  • Yotsuba group members might be involved in Kira case
  • Matsuda, Misa's new manager, confirmed that Yotsuba members are meeting with Kira to discuss kills, he's in trouble
  • One of the Yotsuba Group members is Kira or working closely with Kira
  • Aiber and Wedy, L's new Task Force members, helped infiltrate the Yotsuba Group
  • Aizawa, member of the Task Force, died by a delayed kill written in the confiscated Notebook
  • Kira has sent a tape on Day 7
  • L was killed by a Shinigami before Day 8
  • This mysterious Shinigami died as well by protecting Misa
  • Matsuda was killed this morning, shot during the attack
  • Teru Mikami was the 3rd Kira responsible for all the kills so far, but he was eliminated by Watari before trying to control chief Yagami
  • Kyosuke Higuchi, the Head of the Yotsuba group, was suppose to take over for Mikami after having dealings with him but was caught first and later killed by Misa
  • Light is now in charge of Kira case, and will win if L doesn't get a replacement
  • The rest of the task force has been eliminated on Day 9, failed to call a replacement for L
  • Misa Amane got her memories back and helped Light to become the god of the new world...

u8D5V0X.png  Game ending CVC:

zV2rUL4.png

u8D5V0X.png Game Docs:

u8D5V0X.png Death Notes:

u8D5V0X.png Characters & Items & Night actions:

u8D5V0X.png GM Commentary & Awards:

I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly, but if you mean his death wasn't as imaginative, well, that's because I didn't really want to do it in the first place. I was trying my damnedest to kill all of scum, including Jeod, before I turned my sights to winning. If that meant I would lose in the process, I didn't really care. I was prepared to work with ChopBam to make that happen and then see what I could do about winning alone. I did hope against all hope that Jeod would try to save Killing_You from dying by my hand so that my victory would be complete, but given that I had already told him I was trying to kill him, I knew this was exceptionally unlikely.

VERT was understandably upset at me not seeking instant victory even though I knew I had a path to do so, and as night was extended I decided I'd rather have the game end. Really bugs me, though, because I was so close to getting an awesome turnabout out of this game.

Cat5 was definitely a surprise. I wasn't expecting him to suddenly flip like that. Anyway, this was a solid game Verti. Well done. The only gripe I have was beyond your control, and that's that the scum win happened too fast. I feel like the slow start and the sudden kills, along with the P47 and KY alliance, guaranteed a town loss. It felt like there wasn't as much risk for scum, but again that's beyond your control. The setup's pretty decently balanced.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly, but if you mean his death wasn't as imaginative, well, that's because I didn't really want to do it in the first place. I was trying my damnedest to kill all of scum, including Jeod, before I turned my sights to winning. If that meant I would lose in the process, I didn't really care. I was prepared to work with ChopBam to make that happen and then see what I could do about winning alone. I did hope against all hope that Jeod would try to save Killing_You from dying by my hand so that my victory would be complete, but given that I had already told him I was trying to kill him, I knew this was exceptionally unlikely.

VERT was understandably upset at me not seeking instant victory even though I knew I had a path to do so, and as night was extended I decided I'd rather have the game end. Really bugs me, though, because I was so close to getting an awesome turnabout out of this game.

Whoa man, are you trying to compete with me because of APB III or something? I'm sensing some passive-aggressiveness.

I meant how you simply wrote that your target "must do nothing unless I say otherwise" basically, whereas I went through the trouble of making the ##Nodlied command, heh.

Thoughts overall:  That was a crazy ride, and my first *real* time playing a mafia game, though I'd been familiar with it and some similar games for awhile now.  For the record (cause I see in the dead player doc people talking about it :p ) I actually had calculated I probably was going to die before the end. However, one of the first things I always look for when playing any game is if my survival is actually needed to win. In this case, it wasn't. That's *very* fitting for Teru. It meant, when it was time to go all in, i could without regard for my own survival. However, I had intended on KY carrying the torch after I died, at least by the point in the game when I got shot. I felt bad about killing Voe first, and was honestly going to help KY win if I could, so how he played in the end kind of surprised me. I was also more than happy to try and help Jeod win, but oddly, Mojo's antics ALMOST made me start to suspect Jeod was going to backstab me for awhile, as if Ryuk had another protege waiting in the wings and I was about to be discarded like dirty laundry.

I'll also say, I started the game without the foggiest clue who was task force and who was not. I think that actually really helped me in my role, because it forced me to legitimately act investigative. I had to help the town find the bad guys, because I needed to talk to the other bad guys in person. Thus for the first few days I was just playing town legit. At the end, when I came up with the plan we executed, which was actually a Plan C so to speak, an offhand thought I had while trying to find a way to get heat off myself after Mojo was investigated, I had not yet even discovered who KY was. I took a big gamble just outright asking if he wanted in on the plan, and thankfully I hit the jackpot. The moment of revelation in our doc is pretty funny, worth everyone checking out. We'd talked the first day with both of us pretending to be town, and then the second day I'm basically like "hey kid, wanna make twenty dollars?" and it all comes together.

I learned a lot, though. I definitely slipped in my argument with Cat 5, but I kinda did it on purpose, because by then it didn't really matter and I wanted to check out his playstyle for future reference. I also learned a lot from Jeod, and from Nodlied actually. I suspected a Nod-CK team early on but was very surprised by how that relationship eventually evolved, and I found past that point that Nod was great at finding info as town, and that's something I hope I can manage in future games.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Whoa man, are you trying to compete with me because of APB III or something? I'm sensing some passive-aggressiveness.

Oh no, man. It's nothing personal or based on past games or whatever. It's just part of what happened in this game.

Think of it this way. I spent 48 hours on a rampage trying to take you and OrangeP47 down because it appeared I was going to die and you were responsible. And then you all gloated it up when it looked like you had it in the bag. In that moment, Town was my ally and we worked really well together. When I was gifted the second chance, I just had to find a way to take you all down if I could do it. After all that work, I just didn't want to drop everything and work with the enemy who just tried to kill me. Even if it meant I risked the win, it just didn't feel right to do that.

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Oh no, man. It's nothing personal or based on past games or whatever. It's just part of what happened in this game.

Think of it this way. I spent 48 hours on a rampage trying to take you and OrangeP47 down because it appeared I was going to die and you were responsible. And then you all gloated it up when it looked like you had it in the bag. In that moment, Town was my ally and we worked really well together. When I was gifted the second chance, I just had to find a way to take you all down if I could do it. After all that work, I just didn't want to drop everything and work with the enemy who just tried to kill me. Even if it meant I risked the win, it just didn't feel right to do that.

Ahh I see. You do know that I had absolutely no sway in their targets?

Hey, I don't get why KY thinks I'm the best mafia player here. I found his scummy fencesitting ass in one game, nothing special. I'm also terrible at hiding as scum. I just appear 'good' at the game because I mix truth with deception so people don't even believe the truth. Cat5, Nod, and CK are the brains on this forum imo.

No, and I didn't know that then, either. As far as I was concerned, you and OrangeP47 were a mafia team and I'd have to expect that any targets would have been discussed and agreed on between the two of you.

We discussed a lot, but as Teru I was a bit... overly enthusiastic at times....

I don't blame you guys for taking the actions you did. I don't view the decision to kill me as a betrayal, for example, because we were never on the same team, so there is no need to explain yourselves. It did, however, mean that from my perspective, we were clear enemies from that moment forward. Thus my motives for the remainder of the game.