[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

So he uses his overwhelming reservoir of trust to grab the confiscated notebook. Can he pass it in the same night or does it need to be passed the following night? This is going to be a long game indeed. :o

From the way Cat5's been talking and playing, I don't think he is going to kill people with a death note. He's certainly crafty enough to have fooled the rest of us and do it in the end, though. From what I've seen, however, he and Jeod have been at odds this whole time. It's possible they're in a mason doc and plotting everything out as we speak, but I doubt it.

My awareness of mafia games reveals that the game is still going because there are clashing objectives. Somebody needs to win while somebody else needs to lose. With just one true town player (me) remaining in the game, and so little swaying power at that, I don't think my objectives are in play at all anymore. In vanilla mafia, if the scum team is equal in numbers to the town team, the scum win. For this game, it means the fight must come down to something clashing between KY, Jeod, and Cat5. I don't really know what their objectives are, so it comes down to them to decide.

Thinking about it from this perspective, it actually means voting me is a waste of time. My guess is that Killing You needs to die (just like in that other pathetic game where Voe needed to die while town had already lost) and then the canon scum will win, OR KY needs to figure out how to kill Cat5. I'd say it's a fight right now between canon scum and third party scum.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

Well, technically my role description says that I want to use the Death Note to eliminate my competition, and that I win if I survive holding the Death Note. Not that it matters, because I'm going to lose anyway.

Jeod is probably going to pass you the death note, unless the unlikely scenario that he works something out with Category 5 occurs. If Jeod gives you the note, you can work with him to figure out how to rid yourselves of Category 5, and/or investigate then eliminate myself from the game. Frankly though, when you said "competition," it sounded to me like other Kiras.

15 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##vote Killing_You

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted Killing You to be investigated!

15 hours ago, Killing You said:

##vote Killing_You

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Killing You to be investigated!

14 hours ago, ChopBam said:

##vote Killing You

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Killing You to be investigated!

Killing You has been HAMMERED with 3 votes!

nMbd9Sa.png

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

##vote ChopBam

Doesn't count anymore

3 hours ago, Killing You said:

##vote ChopBam

Doesn't count anymore

I think I figured out why you just gave in like that Killing_You.

Your goal is to eliminate all competition, which means all Task Force and all other Kiras. Isn't that right? You can't kill me, so you can't do the latter unless I'm investigated and caught as an active Kira. As long as I don't do a kill and then get investigated by town, victory is impossible for you. You were also demanding a book from Jeod so that you could kill OrangeP47 with it. The excuse of needing to end the game with a book in hand was just an excuse to make that happen. That was the goal. Not only did you mislead Nodlied, but you were going to betray OrangeP47 as well.

SrIaQLK.png

u8D5V0X.png Night 8 Voting Results:

You have decided that Killing You will be investigated tonight.

After thorough investigation, we have discovered that the suspect is no other than the head of Technology Development at the Yotsuba Corporation, Kyosuke Higuchi!

Higuchi is suspected to be the "Yotsuba Kira". Described by many as a "greedy," "forceful," and "selfish" individual who would use the Death Note to attain a higher status in society. Be aware of this man, as his sole purpose is to get the Notebook for his own benefit, not others. He doesn't even care for killing criminals as other Kiras, unless it benefits him or Yotsuba.

Other than this, there's not much we have on Kyosuke Higuchi. He doesn't seem to possess a Death Note.

There's also one more item we found that belonged to him, a Sports Car, which he uses to get fast where he wants (or get out), unless of course, he's not dating girls.

Higuchi is free to go next day.

L is dead! If there is no replacement for L by the start of next day, Light will win!

u8D5V0X.png Confiscated Items & Arrested players:

DN Kira Game character Higuchi   Kyosuke Higuchi, the Kira Suspect (holding cell, to be released)

1211808122.png Higuchi's Sports Car (to be released) 

u8D5V0X.png OrangeP47's Death Note (confiscated)

u8D5V0X.png OrangeP47's Death Note (confiscated)

We can now confirm that OrangeP47 was the Kira we were looking for as the victims match in one of his notebook.

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt bodyarmor  Mogi's Bulletproof vest (confiscated)

It is not possible to contact or pass items to Killing You tonight. 

Killing You is not able to perform night actions tonight.

Suspect and his item will be released next day,

Player that is chosen to be investigated will have his identity revealed, and held in a cell during the night, effectively blocking all the night actions and also confiscating all the items he/she had, including the Death Note. The Death Note is investigated and if the player is caught using it (doesn't matter when during the game), this player is eliminated as Kira. In case there is no other Kira the game will end, otherwise the game continues. If the person didn't used the Death Note he/she is released next day, but his Proposal points will be depleted until he/she will gain trust from somebody again.

Kira suspects that are caught with unused Notebook will no longer stay in cell for extra day(s).

u8D5V0X.png Night Rules:

During the NIGHT, you are able to use several Night actions at your disposal, or even combine them as you wish (if there is a restriction you will be told).

To use a Night Action, please Private Message Me during the Night Phase! Results will be posted before next day starts in next 24 hours!

Some of the actions include either item usage, special character abilities and actions that can be unlocked by having enough trust from the last day. Beware, most of these actions are one time use, if not stated differently.

This is also the time when the Death Note will be used. Only the current owner can access to interact with it. The Death Note itself can be passed to players too. Using the Death Note during the Night has some special rules to perform nightkills, which offer more possibilities and strategies. This is possible if the owner decides to interact with it. If Death Note is not used during the Night, it could be used during the day, but that action will be public. This can happen if the Death Note is passed during the Night.

Besides the night actions and Death Note usage, players will also be able to visit each other during the Night, and communicate in private in designated google docs.

Only Players that have gained more Trust than Suspicion can invite and accept other Players to doc communication. Players will be able to stay and discuss until one of them decides to leave. Please note that there are also risks visiting someone, so be aware who you accept to meet. You can only accept during the night, not next day.

Send me a PM if you want to meet someone (only one person): ##PROPOSE MEETING PLAYERNAME

The other person will receive a PM from me during the night, and also needs to accept it via PM (once again only one person if multiple players want to meet): ##ACCEPT MEETING PLAYERNAME

IF you propose or accept a meeting and you already are in a meeting, you will first have to leave the meeting. Use  ##LEAVE MEETING PLAYERNAME anytime in a PM, otherwise meeting docs will be available for two players until L decides otherwise. If any of the participants is interrogated, arrested or killed, the meeting will end automatically.

Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message only, same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM in advance before the next Day phase begins (preferably asap, but not later than one hour before the game starts), you do nothing that night. If you know you'll do nothing anyway you can always tell me that too.

Forum Posting during the Night Phase is limited - 2 posts per player max. Players who won't comply will either receive a gimmick or gain 10 suspicion points for each extra post!

u8D5V0X.png  Final CVC and Player Score Results:

rTK8XGj.png

The player with most trust is Jeod (89237 Trust Points). He's able to use a special Night Action granted from L himself. Private Message will reveal details. Note that these actions can be different and can be combined with other night actions. With L gone, the Special Night action might have limited possibilities.

During the day, a total of 100620 Proposal Points were distributed to players. The next day, each player will receive a base of 10062 Proposal Points (0.1* from the total number of distributed points).

Players who have gained Trust will also receive a Proposal Points bonus. Proposal Point Bonus is determined by the exact number of Trust points they've gained. 

If a player gained both Trust and Suspicion, by the start of the next day, the Suspicion points will be reduced by the exact number Trust points.

Note that there are also abilities that either cost proposal points or trust, and they can also increase Proposal Points, Suspicion and Trust to players so you can also expect different outcome next day. These will be calculated before proposal base and proposal bonus is applied.

Note that with L gone, the players will no longer receive a special Proposal Point Bonus for extra days, aka the inflation bonus. Players will only receive 10% of the total points spent from previous day.

GM ANNOUNCEMENT: Day 9 will start on Friday instead of Thursday around 11 PM GMT/UTC - I will inform you when exactly as tomorrow and Friday I'll have even more work than usual. This is also decisive Night so extra time will be useful to plan things out.

qeFcD0h.png

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think I figured out why you just gave in like that Killing_You.

Your goal is to eliminate all competition, which means all Task Force and all other Kiras. Isn't that right? You can't kill me, so you can't do the latter unless I'm investigated and caught as an active Kira. As long as I don't do a kill and then get investigated by town, victory is impossible for you. You were also demanding a book from Jeod so that you could kill OrangeP47 with it. The excuse of needing to end the game with a book in hand was just an excuse to make that happen. That was the goal. Not only did you mislead Nodlied, but you were going to betray OrangeP47 as well.

Kind of/sort of. My goal specifically states that I need to be holding the Death Note at the end of the game. I was only going to betray Orange if the game kept going after the Task Force was destroyed.

I'll explain why I gave in after the game is over.

It is very much possible. However, it is possible for people to delay my death by changing the time of death in the debtnote document. However, I doubt that anyone besides you is willing to help me out, nor do I know if the real debtnote is in anybody's hands right now. However, should anyone posess the debtnote, then I'd have to ask a small favour. Please change or add a cause of death to me simply dying in my sleep. (Doesn't matter if you want me to live longer or not.) Also, Choppy should you have any reason to visit me, let me know.

Anyway, let's roll on to a few things I wanted to say should I die anyway.

latest?cb=20121222171453

Jeod, I think you know very well that I despise you in this game. We pretty much had you cornered as bad guy on D1 and confirmed on D3 after a few lies on my part. However, despite the attempts to set up organisation and communication, we weren't able to find out how to kill you or contain you. We had some pretty interesting plans, especially those that I worked on with Chris, but those never came to fruitation due a variety of reasons, the biggest of which was Team Dan's decision to suggest the Choppy kill on Cat5 to hopefully kill you over our ever growing suspicions of Orange. When I look back on it, Chris and I even figured out Orange's allegiance but our dedication to fighting you proved to be the deciding factor to classify that as a secondary thought. Your role and abilities are still a mystery to me, so I'll hold my judgement on your actual performance until after the game. Congrats on your supposed victory though.

Chaos_Knight's death today surprised me, I didn't see that coming considering that his real name wasn't known, and our calculations suggested that Orange didn't buy ghost vision. If the game wasn't already lost for town, then I'm pretty sure that the remaining taskforce members would still be working to neutralize Jeod by any means necessary, as he was on the list, a list that Chris would have honoured as per usual sucession agreements, especially since I believe that we were very close to figuring out how achieve such a thing. Yet this is a now forgone possibility. In an ironic twist of faith though, the taskforce still killed the biggest direct threat in the manner of Choppy shooting Orange. I have the feeling that if the taskforce was able to buy a little bit more time, the game would have ended a lot differently.

Even if Chaos and I were on ''separate'' teams, both of us know when it is required to discard personal objective for mutual benifit. We've done so before and would have done it again. Too bad we weren't able to achieve victory. I should probably have read the rules and contacted the guy on N1. 

Goal_generic_navy_doctrines_tactics.png

And then we come to another potential point in which infighting wasted a day for town. Ah yes, the dreaded Day 5. It was Voe's wish to open the note and meet with Jeod against my paranoia to prevent corruption and temptation. In the end, I agreed to open the note for the good of all. However, I do stand by my choice to forcefully confiscate Voe's notebook, as while he is hard to influence, he's easily tempted by a good deal. A deal I believe Jeod would have offered him. The biggest issue here was that Voe and I had to stand on opposite sides of the spectrum, forcing a confrontation. Had this not happened or had we been able to come to an agreement, then perhaps the day would have been more productive. Not only that, but it would have prevented Voe's death, at least for a while. His death was bad, as despite his quirks, he's a good player, one that would have been very capable of leading the good guys to victory should he have wished doing so. And I do believe that he would have been able to organise effective resistence, no matter if Team Dan died or not. His direct and sometimes risky and morally questionable methods to blitzkrieg through at the risk of being enveloped and trapped stand directly opposite to my preference to planning, taking the available time and forcing pitched battles whenever possible. Maybe something in between could have been the right thing this game. Alas, it's too late now.

Silly points go to him trusting Orange, which in turn made me have a bit of natural trust in Orange. Then again, I trusted the turncoat, even helping him to understand how and when to make most out of a claim to prevent a lynch/investigation. So I guess both Voe and I made mistakes that day.

Oh well, I still have one more post for the night. So yeah, hopefully I won't die tonight, meaning I still have the chance of having a bit of influence on who is going to win in the end.

I actually had to edit that blind. My video editor for some reason, depending on the file type, can either play video some of the time with huge input lag if I want to do anything, or play audio perfectly but never show me what is on the screen unless I stop the video and click on it. I didn't know if the file actually had a video on it until I uploaded it.

I'm moving the day start to saturday (same time), since in a few hours I'll be attending a game expo tournament and need to prepare for it.

And I think it may help since one player is still deciding anyway (and it's a decision which may conclude the game end)

4 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

I'm moving the day start to saturday (same time), since in a few hours I'll be attending a game expo tournament and need to prepare for it.

And I think it may help since one player is still deciding anyway (and it's a decision which may conclude the game end)

Shet Note shenanigans?

https://tapastic.com/episode/302972