[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

On 1/28/2017 at 0:48 PM, VERTi60 said:

there won't be any other ways to die, well, besides the death note.

Just a food for thought for tonight. Nobody seems to notice this line in the OP but now would be a good time to check it out. It doesn't mean guns cannot kill people, but a death note has to be involved in that action somehow (not just controlling but controlling also has it's own rules, so death note owners need to be creative or think of legit ways how to use it). Gun owners also need to put that into perspective along with their own conditions of gun usage.

I can't post any examples obviously so I leave it up to you for consideration.

Also if you want to discuss it with me, use docs or PM - this is mostly for the death note owners and gun owners though. Everyone else doesn't need to know more.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Didn't VERTi60 just explain that in perfect detail?

Kind of. I don't get it fully. Does he mean Chop can't shoot anyone unless they're Kira? But you're a suspect, so what's the difference?

Also, a notebook was involved. The reason for the shot was to prevent something written in a notebook from taking effect. If Cat5 had been shot before he could donate proposal to me, Nodlied would have had the majority trust points. This is why I want an explanation before we continue. As much a fan I am of Verti games, it's unacceptable if this was overlooked simply because Verti thought it would be "more fun" if L died.

6 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

No posting before I put up the day post. It will explain something that happened.

Hope that explanation tells us why you ignored the command completely and didn't even post a "you couldn't fire your gun for currently unknown reasons" thing.

u8D5V0X.png Day 8 - Silence

L is dead. We were attacked by the Shinigami that goes by the name "Rem", dedicated helping Misa. We're not sure what has happened, but Light Yagami will now continue with the investigation. With L gone, he's now free to do what he thinks it's right. Light is now the Justice. During the night attack, we have also lost Matsuda, the youngest member of the Task Force. Apparently he got shot by somebody, maybe a police gun.

Mojoman as Touta Matsuda, the Japanese Task Force, died!

L was killed! If there is no replacement for L by the start of next day, Light will win!

With L gone, the players will no longer receive a special Proposal Point Bonus for extra days. Players will only receive 10% of the total points spent from previous day.

Kira suspects that are cought with unused Notebook will no longer stay in cell for extra day(s).

More info in next Night post!

From what we know:

• Kira needs a Face and Name to kill.
  • Kira can manipulate his victims before they die.
  • Light Yagami is also a Kira suspect (I'd say the odds are 5%)
  • Misa Amane is now a 2nd Kira suspect
  • 2nd Kira can make a "Shinigami Eyes" deal, which enables him/her to kill without knowing the victim's name...
  • Mello is one of the L's successors, desperate to beat his counterpart, N as well as L, and others to catch Kira first
  • Mello is not kira but he has some ties with Mafia to get the Notebooks
  • There are two or more Notebooks in the human world it seems, and at least one is still in the possession of Kira
  • Shinigami can appear whenever they like and are visible to anyone who interacted with Notebook
  • L has deduced that Kira powers can pass from person to person (ownership of the Notebook can be changed or forfeited)
  • NPA will no longer support investigation of Kira case, Task Force members are on their own
  • Aizawa, member of the Task Force, decided to work alone on the case
  • Kanzo Mogi who was assigned to protect Misa, died of heart attack - we suspect Kira got him first
  • Yotsuba group members might be involved in Kira case
  • Matsuda, Misa's new manager, confirmed that Yotsuba members are meeting with Kira to discuss kills, he's in trouble
  • One of the Yotsuba Group members is Kira or working closely with Kira
  • Aiber and Wedy, L's new Task Force members, helped infiltrate the Yotsuba Group
  • Aizawa, member of the Task Force, died by a delayed kill written in the confiscated Notebook
  • Kira has sent a tape on Day 7
  • L was killed by a Shinigami before Day 8
  • This mysterious Shinigami died as well by protecting Misa
  • Matsuda was killed this morning, shot during the attack
  • Light is now in charge of Kira case, and will win if L doesn't get a replacement

u8D5V0X.png Day Rules:

The goal of the day is to catch the Kira with the Notebook. If that happens, the Death Note will be confiscated and possible culprit will be held in custody for the whole night, which will reveal more info about the character as well next day. Any other player will have just their identity revealed to everybody.

This will play out in 3 phases:

1. Investigation, where players will discuss the case and clues with other characters; Voting, where each member of the investigation team casts a vote on who they suspect is Kira. People will vote for one person they want to be investigated and the person with the most votes will be revealed at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:

##Vote PlayerName

If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

In case of a tie between more players, the investigation will be passed on the either the person with biggest suspicion level. If there is still a tie, the first voted player will be chosen (meaning that extra votes to cause a tie will not help in the end).

Hammers will also not end current Day. Meaning that if one person gets 50% of the votes, it won't trigger the end of the day. A proper detective reserves a time for proper investigation. No shortcuts for the Kira(s) as well to end the day sooner. However, the hammered person will still be investigated and extra votes will no longer count.

2. Casting suspicion to other players outside of voting to profile each player throughout the game. This costs Proposal Points (which you have limited amount each phase) and increases and/or decreases a person's Suspicion (red) or Trust Level (blue). People with checks are more likely to be voted out as Kira in case voting will end in a tie. A high trust level makes a person gain more proposal points next day than others, and it will also gain more benefits during night, e.g. access to more actions. A Player's activity will also be monitored, and if some players are inactive for more than a day, they will get a deadline time left to post. If they won't make it, they will lose some trust points and gain suspicion points. Proposal points, suspicion and trust levels along with dead lines, status and role flip will be reflected in Cumulative Vote Count which will be updated throughout the day.

Use the following command to Propose increasing someone's suspicion or trust.

##PROPOSE SUSPICION/TRUST Playername [amount]

You can do this whenever you want to whoever you like as long you still have Propose Points. The exact amount of points is not limited, but it might change for balance reason.

3. Custom Day Actions. Your characters may have an item which also has extra day actions. Look them up in your Character Role Info PM.

All Day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted, either by updating the CVC or with a text line. Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status). 

Note: Day 8 will be shorter by 2,5 hours

u8D5V0X.png  CVC:

vDKi3iK.png

Chaos_Knight proposed 6840 Trust Points to Jeod!
Chaos_Knight proposed 6840 Trust Points to OrangeP47!
Chaos_Knight proposed 6840 Trust Points to Killing You!

maxresdefault.jpg

Chaos_Knight as Mello, the Kira Suspect, died of heart attack!

Apparently, his real name was Mihael Keehl!

T5yfKVr.png

14 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You know, I wonder if Orange's goal isn't really to just kill everyone.

It honestly isn't, but it seemed like a good way to figure out what my PM meant if I just killed everyone.

Also, I don't think you'll get a second chance to not die... in fact, I bet you're going to turn into N...

28 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Well, P47 and I have won. I think KY needs a notebook to win.

Indeed. I suppose I could attempt a double cross, but I'm still under the assumption that the notebook is my reward for my full cooperation. 

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU CANNOT KILL ME.

I AM INVULNERABLE TO DEBT NOTES.

BOW DOWN TO YOUR GOD's girlfriend.

No offense, but lore-wise, your "immunity" literally turned to dust.

Hey Cat5, your win condition is for you and Light to survive, correct? I don't suppose you'd consider joining us, would you?