[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

4 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I want to try placing that evidence in the truth box and see if the number moves.

If we have more than one piece of evidence, I also wanted to see if we learn more details about evidence if we pick it up. (Doubtful at this point)

##nominate Category 5 - if I haven't done so already

5 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Alright, so after a full game review, here are my findings.

First, because the idea that FRAYDO seemed to think that players would know if their actions would increase tension or not, and my case based on that seems to be correct, I currently believe that these people, who debated how World Tension increases could happen, to more likely be town: Killing_You, Retaliation, TheIrishman, Jeod, and Mojoman. That leaves Chaos_Knight, VERTi60, and OrangeP47 who didn't really talk about it.

OrangeP47 didn't have evidence when I checked him, though I think it's possible he passed it first, or that he has some now. We can't know. I also think he could be the thief. I don't find it likely, but I'm not crossing the possibility off.

Actually I did talk about the World Tension, but only theorycrafting since I don't have any action or item that would prove how it works.

That being said I don't see a reason why scum wouldn't talk about it, they obviously know more about it but anyone really who has actions that modify the WT possibly can too.

So if you could elaborate more since I don't particularly like how a bunch of people are instantly called town. Although I agree with your judgement on OrangeP47. He would be my next suspect as well.

Chaos_Knight and VERTi60 are fighting rather heavily with each other. One is probably scum, and picking a fight with the other, hoping to avoid investigation by redirecting it to the other.

I didn't chose to fight him but I find his claims vague and the whole thing of directing attention back to me is curious. I said multiple times I don't have a problem being investigated, I am not even suspicious but since I don't carry any evidence it would be a waste of the investigation when we need to find a particular person.

VERTi60 knew that a player is told about the pass action even when they don't have one. This makes me believe him when he says he doesn't have one.

It's the only action I have even though I have no items, so it wasn't hard to miss. :p Maybe your PMs are filled with actions and items so you missed it. Not sure how that has to do with anything though.

Chaos_Knight reported on Day 2 that things were "pretty boring on [his] side", this comes after he supposedly tracked me to OrangeP47.

The word "boring" is something I'm kinda highlighting in my notes, because VERTi60 said he was "bored" and Chaos_Knight used that as a basis for an attack, despite him having said similar.

Chaos_Knight never reacted regarding the claimed tracker role. He didn't find it interesting, he didn't question the claims, nothing. Didn't even bring up the subject. Even talked about newspaper headlines instead. Given how paranoid Chaos usually is, I feel like this is something he would have done if he were really a town tracker. I'd believe he is a scum tracker, but not town.

He DID react to the revelation of a thief, however. But would he really find that very interesting, if he doesn't have items himself?

Chaos Knight is playing way out of his meta btw. He never missed a chance to send in a night action, especially if it was important (doesn't matter if town or scum now). If he has IRL/busy issues, he usually notifies before hand (did he report it?)

The bored part is also curious, esp. since he has an active ability able to confirm people's actions.

Either way CK doesn't care much about the game or he's definitely trying to evade being in a spotlight and investigation.

On the plus side, if Chaos is telling the truth, he won't lose an item. At worst we'll lose a tracker when we already have one that seems fairly trust worthy.

Even if he was telling the truth about his ability we need to verify his alignment. But I'm inclining to a possibility that he's the thief and just wants to delay the investigation so he can pass his items.

I want to try placing that evidence in the truth box and see if the number moves. Not opposed to someone else doing this, especially if they are among these people: Killing_You, Retaliation, TheIrishman, Jeod, and Mojoman

I'm not 100% sure on KY as well as others. I would like if only one person has access to the vault for now, too many people in there means we can have dangerous items and fake evidence in the vault soon.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I'd like to point out that we should still investigate Category 5, maybe on Day 4, because we could just as easily fall into the trap of believing he's town without confirming it.

I agree but then again I don't think the investigation is 100% confirmation either. I mean look at your american spy ass :p

Lying about sources and items and then stealing nades from the vault and then throwing them randomly isn't particular town play in my eyes.

15 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

I agree but then again I don't think the investigation is 100% confirmation either. I mean look at your american spy ass :p

Lying about sources and items and then stealing nades from the vault and then throwing them randomly isn't particular town play in my eyes.

Never said it was. Although, when the source is task force and I myself have a tracking ability while the source has no power actions other than a google doc, and while the possibility of night kills was still an unknown, I'd think it was pretty clever.

About the matter of night kills, was this discussed?

Since we can't really scumhunt (aka lynching), I suspect the warmongers can't kill either untill some conditions are met. Otherwise it would be impossible to win as town by numbers.

I don't believe it was discussed in-depth. Just that, at the time Mojoman contacted me, I had no idea whether there would be nightkills or not. I felt it safer to hide his identity and project my ability onto him so that, if there was a nightkill, I would seem less powerful to scum.

Well once Jeod was investigated and turned up innocent, I contacted him as he was the most trustworthy at the time. We had a google doc from d2 to n2, Jeod didn't reveal he could track but he was telling the truth or he wouldn't have known who I contacted today. Jeod did drop me a hint he took something from the vault as well.

11 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Well once Jeod was investigated and turned up innocent, I contacted him as he was the most trustworthy at the time. We had a google doc from d2 to n2, Jeod didn't reveal he could track but he was telling the truth or he wouldn't have known who I contacted today. Jeod did drop me a hint he took something from the vault as well.

You've got that mixed up, bud. I told you in the doc that FRAYDO did nothing; I tracked Irish N2. You told me in the doc who you were contacting, and I assumed Cat5 had left the grenade since he was in the vault first.

9 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

FRAYDO, of course, is the one who slipped. His behavior, both before and after investigation, has been to effectively repeat the discussion and adds very little. When he does add something, it's always about the same people. Jeod, myself, or Killing_You. He doesn't get very involved other than that. He certainly isn't really trying to clear his name, despite the fact that there isn't anyone contesting that he is not scum.

I did nothing N1 and was locked up N2. Whatever has been happening over these two nights to raise world tension I had no part of. That's enough to clear me. If you're so inclined to D4, feel free to investigate and lock me up again since the grenade didn't get thrown my way as you would have wanted.

I've been quite about the world tension mostly because I have nothing constructive to add. Also my almost genetic fear of revealing anything about my own role. If you want talk on the subject, I will say, now that we're at 25%, I wonder if that's enough for some people to 'activate' that have previously been waiting for the increase.

Beyond that, I just have nothing to add, aside from my continued desire to 'go after the evidence first'. Just figuring out who has evidence now got a lot harder, from the things Cat 5 has said. It almost makes me wonder if evidence only activates at certain world tension too, but that almost makes it seem too hard for town, or else this is going to be a really long game.

Nice job raising that world tension. See why I didn't want the damn thing?

Anyway, regarding the whole Verti/Chaos debacle. They've both been rather scummy, so who's to say that Verti didn't start that fight to save himself? This is assuming that Chaos is scum, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if they publicly fought knowing both of them were under the microscope in order to save each other. Orange, I believe we did this same thing back in Death Note, right before doing the thing. :v

Also not opposed to sending Cat5 to the vault. ##nominate Cat5

I'd also vote CK, but I don't want to hammer. I will say, though, that unless something drastic happens overnight, Verti should be investigated tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Orange, I believe we did this same thing back in Death Note, right before doing the thing. :v

It's possible, but we were being a bit more theatric than we needed to be :v

Still it's a possibility, though if that's the case I'm not so sure how it's working out for them.

31 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Anyway, regarding the whole Verti/Chaos debacle. They've both been rather scummy, so who's to say that Verti didn't start that fight to save himself? This is assuming that Chaos is scum, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if they publicly fought knowing both of them were under the microscope in order to save each other. Orange, I believe we did this same thing back in Death Note, right before doing the thing. :v

As I said I have no problem being investigated since I'll turn as innocent (although it would be a waste) but on the other hand Chaos was trying hard to shift attention back to me so he certainly has an issue being investigated. You are here on a wrong assumption.

5 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Chaos Knight is playing way out of his meta btw. He never missed a chance to send in a night action, especially if it was important (doesn't matter if town or scum now). If he has IRL/busy issues, he usually notifies before hand (did he report it?)

Well, excuuuuse me, princess.
Not every IRL thing is something I can forsee and warn about, nor would I want to make said thing public. That's all I am gonna say.

The bored part is also curious, esp. since he has an active ability able to confirm people's actions.

Yep, totally gonna reveal the fact that I might have an important role for no apparent reason. That would help everyone for sure. Don't be silly :v 

Either way CK doesn't care much about the game or he's definitely trying to evade being in a spotlight and investigation.

Eh, not that I don't "care". Just was pre-occupied on one side, vacation on the other and I prefer more solid data on the 3rd. Simple really.

Either way, go ahead and investigate me really. If nobody minds, I could hammer myself unless you people prefer to have extra time.