[Game Over] CYOR - Battle of the Gods Edition

TheIrishman

4 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

I'm not considering myself suspicious. If anything, I'm just volunteering to confirm my alignment even more and to challenge scum.

I'd argue that it's more harmful for town to vote you up today than it would be to focus on two suspicious players like Verti, FRAYDO, Category 5, or KY.

Optimally, target one is a player that we suspect could be mafia, and target two is a player we suspect is a TP.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

What is the case against FRAYDO again?

Lack of a NK assuming Jeod was killed by iLikeToSnipes ability from yesterday, which resulted from FRAYDO being blocked so he would be target one.

Which is more unlikely now that we know KY stole Jeod's soul after he died.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Lack of a NK assuming Jeod was killed by iLikeToSnipes ability from yesterday, which resulted from FRAYDO being blocked so he would be target one.

Which is more unlikely now that we know KY stole Jeod's soul after he died.

Yeah, I'm not really considering FRAYDO, Verti, OR KY.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Him as the primary, yeah.  Who's the secondary is still out though.

KY is by far the best choice in case he's actually a TP, so if we're wrong about Category 5 at least we'll know what alignment he actually has.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

KY is by far the best choice in case he's actually a TP, so if we're wrong about Category 5 at least we'll know what alignment he actually has.

But I already feel bad about abusing KY's trust last game :p

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

But I already feel bad about abusing KY's trust last game :p

So do I, but all of the other options have a possibility of being town players. Which in all fairness, we could probably afford to take that risk since we already got at least one mafia member killed.

Let's get today's plan set then, shall we?

CVC:

Killing You voted VERTi60
OrangeP47 voted Nobody
Jeod voted Nobody (Mistake in opening CVC? I copied over from that one and Jeod was still on it)
Shade939 voted VERTi60
Nodlied voted VERTi60
Category 5 Hurricane voted FRAYDO
ChopBam voted Nobody
FRAYDO voted Category 5 Hurricane
Verti60 voted Killing You

VERTi60 - 3
FRAYDO - 1
Category 5 Hurricane - 1
Killing You - 1

Ideally, Category5 should be #1. We still have time to deliberate on #2, unless we're all happy with the current votes on Vert.

Fraydo--thanks for the CVC.

23 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

unless we're all happy with the current votes on Vert.

I'm not personally satisfied with the idea that Vert is anything but town. While his alibi can't be fully confirmed yet, all other indications I see are that he has a filler town role.

Totally on board with voting up Cat5 as our #1, although it does make me antsy that he's so willing to be #1. We still have time, but I want to secure my vote now.

##vote Category 5

Let's see...

>Orange copped Cat5 and I as not town
>Verti and Cat5's actions are the only ones from last night unconfirmed

I don't think there was a delayed kill. It's been too long since Forbidden Sun to be a repeat of Frostmourne from CYOR II (the only other place I've personally seen a delayed kill), and I can't see any other action that would've done the job. And a hidden delayed kill would've been a real bastard move.

So, I think since Cat5 fits into both of those categories, he should be #1, and since we can't confirm Verti's action from last night either, let's put him in #2.

As for me, assuming I'm not attacked tonight, and assuming we lynch someone today, my ability will be ready tomorrow, which will confirm my alignment. As in, GM confirm. So I don't think I should be on the spot today, but if you insist in putting me at #1, I won't object.

7 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Verti and Cat5's actions are the only ones from last night unconfirmed

I don't know how you are saying that my action got unconfirmed when I successfully confirmed you as a jailer based on my check with Irish.

You are also completely ignoring another person: Nodlied.

We know that masonry isn't a warrant of being town, last cyor speaks for itself. Second, if you are indeed 2nd mafia scum team (a far more likely scenario than "neutral souls gatherer", I mean come on, Hades, the god of underworld, being neutral?!), the masonry could just be a trick and you and Nodlied ARE the 2nd scum team.

Even if Nodlied's masonry was real, I doubt it is his only action. I don't think he got a backup role like I did. He's also not helping much as town player, his meta as town speaks for itself too. 

So if we don't have two TPs in this game, we might as well have two scum teams fighting over town's souls: ilts & cat5 vs nodlied & KY.

11 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

But I already feel bad about abusing KY's trust last game

Trust me KY as scum always plays the neutral card and "pweeze lemme win go town powah" *big puppy eyes*

IT ALMOST NEVER WORKED as I (or someone else) always see through his lies.

13 hours ago, ChopBam said:

##vote Category 5

CVC:

Killing You voted VERTi60
OrangeP47 voted Nobody
Shade939 voted VERTi60
Nodlied voted VERTi60
ChopBam voted Category 5 Hurricane

Verti60: 3
Category 5 Hurricane: 2
FRAYDO/Killing_You: 1

~6 hours and 10 minutes to hammer.

5 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

I don't know how you are saying that my action got unconfirmed when I successfully confirmed you as a jailer based on my check with Irish.

Because nobody could confirm your action. It doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen, it just can't be backed up by another player.

You are also completely ignoring another person: Nodlied.

I'll admit, I don't exactly have a good feeling about him, but I'm looking at actions here. I don't think Nodlied was responsible for the NK.

I mean come on, Hades, the god of underworld, being neutral?!

Oh this is the fun part.

You want to know why I picked Hades as a neutral role? Because out of all the modern cliches about the portrayal of Greek mythology, "Hades is the ultimate evil" is the one that bugs me the most. Hades may have been an asshole and pretty reclusive, but the only time in classic myth that he was the bad guy was when he kidnapped Persephone, and if you want to argue that makes him evil I can pull out Zeus' track record with women. So, to fight this cliche, I decided to play as a Hades who was sick and tired of being labeled as the "Greek Satan" and had no qualms about letting everything fall through, but would also be okay with helping town if they agreed to drop this "nonsense."

As for the soul gathering, that was Irish's doing. My original design was as follows: Stay alive for the whole game, ability to reveal alignment at the cost of my vote for that day, bus driver, and passive night BP. Irish felt the day action would've been too OP, so he changed my bus driver to jailer and had my other two actions fueled by souls, in addition to adding that I needed one soul in order to win. Since I could logically win even if town played a perfect game (i.e., eliminate all scum/TP without any town deaths), I felt this was fine.

I don't think he got a backup role like I did.

Speaking of which, has that activated yet? Did you get Jeod's role on top of your tracking?

Trust me KY as scum always plays the neutral card and "pweeze lemme win go town powah" *big puppy eyes*

IT ALMOST NEVER WORKED as I (or someone else) always see through his lies.

##vote Killing You

Screw it. I'm out. I'm convinced that even if I activate my ability tomorrow and have my alignment publicly announced, you are not going to stop hounding me until I'm dead. I pull that gambit once as TP, it didn't work, do you really think I'm going to try it again? Apparently so. It's just not worth trying to play against at this point.

4 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

##vote Killing You

CVC:

Killing You voted Killing_You
OrangeP47 voted Nobody
Shade939 voted VERTi60
Nodlied voted VERTi60
ChopBam voted Category 5 Hurricane

Verti60: 2
Category 5 Hurricane: 2
Killing_You: 2
FRAYDO: 1

~6 hours to hammer.

Killing_You, at the moment I'm trying to figure out who the other mafia member is who killed Jeod.

Unless you actually self targeted yourself, you, FRAYDO, ChopBam and Nodlied are the three players other than myself that I now couldn't have killed him.

Orange used his ability on iLTS snipe and he still died, so he's definitely not Mafia.

That only leaves two players as possibilities for the NK. Now if we want to focus on TP's instead, we can bring you into the vote, but at the moment voting up Verti and Category 5 should basically guaranteed that we kill the last mafia member.

11 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Because nobody could confirm your action. It doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen, it just can't be backed up by another player.

If you say it like this, we can say that about almost everyone except Fraydo who multiple people confirmed that was blocked. Everyone else could use 2nd action/item (if they have) to do the NK (maybe someone with a soul hunting sword eh?) if not completely faking their actions (I've already mentioned some possibilities). Thing is to choose which are likely and which are less likely, just like we did D2 and we did find iLTS to be the scum this way.

17 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I'll admit, I don't exactly have a good feeling about him, but I'm looking at actions here. I don't think Nodlied was responsible for the NK.

Elaborate why you don't think he was responsible.

19 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

You want to know why I picked Hades as a neutral role? Because out of all the modern cliches about the portrayal of Greek mythology, "Hades is the ultimate evil" is the one that bugs me the most.

It bugs me too but the meta of you choosing a "neutral" role when you already have bad experience with it bugs me more than your justification. It just doesn't fit and you knew that claiming neutral role would just bring problems. It would be much easier to suggest a town role if you want to turn Hades to a good guy instead. I think your alignment wasn't requested as you wanted at all but if it was I don't think you would request a neutral role for such a complex role.

Hades may have been an asshole and pretty reclusive, but the only time in classic myth that he was the bad guy was when he kidnapped Persephone, and if you want to argue that makes him evil I can pull out Zeus' track record with women. So, to fight this cliche, I decided to play as a Hades who was sick and tired of being labeled as the "Greek Satan" and had no qualms about letting everything fall through, but would also be okay with helping town if they agreed to drop this "nonsense."

I just don't see Hades as neutral aligned in any mythology or game setup. It's a stupid meta-argument but alignment would suit him better than neutral (even town).

As for the soul gathering, that was Irish's doing. My original design was as follows: Stay alive for the whole game, ability to reveal alignment at the cost of my vote for that day, bus driver, and passive night BP. Irish felt the day action would've been too OP, so he changed my bus driver to jailer and had my other two actions fueled by souls, in addition to adding that I needed one soul in order to win. Since I could logically win even if town played a perfect game (i.e., eliminate all scum/TP without any town deaths), I felt this was fine.

The way I see it, the soul gathering is popular against scum gods, so maybe the setup is that they are in a direct rivalry, or split into teams. It doesn't make sense to have a soul fueling ability (similar to Shade's role in last cyor too) for a neutral role which should be more protective oriented, not action/fueled/rivalry oriented.

17 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Killing_You, at the moment I'm trying to figure out who the other mafia member is who killed Jeod.

Unless you actually self targeted yourself, you, FRAYDO, ChopBam and Nodlied are the three players other than myself that I now couldn't have killed him.

Orange used his ability on iLTS snipe and he still died, so he's definitely not Mafia.

That only leaves two players as possibilities for the NK. Now if we want to focus on TP's instead, we can bring you into the vote, but at the moment voting up Verti and Category 5 should basically guaranteed that we kill the last mafia member.

Why would I be Mafia if I also went after iLTS. You're using same argument for Orange (Orange used his ability on iLTS snipe) but you don't see a problem.

Excuse me that I don't have any OP day actions as backup town role. But anyway I think you're just trying to save your skin by these terrible scum hunting posts...

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

Why would I be Mafia if I also went after iLTS. You're using same argument for Orange (Orange used his ability on iLTS snipe) but you don't see a problem.

Excuse me that I don't have any OP day actions as backup town role. But anyway I think you're just trying to save your skin by these terrible scum hunting posts...

Then it should be Category 5 and you should survive anyways....

Just now, Shade939 said:

Then it should be Category 5 and you should survive anyways....

I just don't understand, why you dont'want to go with KY and Cat5 first, the only people we have marked as non town.

I've already suggested that if this fails I'm willing to nominate myself for Orange's day action as #1 even.

Just now, VERTi60 said:

I just don't understand, why you dont'want to go with KY and Cat5 first, the only people we have marked as non town.

I've already suggested that if this fails I'm willing to nominate myself for Orange's day action as #1 even.

Because it's obvious that KY didn't kill Jeod by himself.

7 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

But in the end you voted for me :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

Because it's obvious that KY didn't kill Jeod by himself.

That doesn't mean he's not gonna kill next. He's a non town and needs to gather souls to power up his abilities. He claimed Hades ffs. Even if he didn't kill Jeod it doesn't mean we'll lose much by getting rid of him. When we, on the other hand, misslynch a town, boom, there goes a town soul and the rest of the hostile forces get stronger...