Vanilla-Chocolate Twist Mafia

iLikeToSnipe

Just now, Shade939 said:

To be fair, I'm allowed to try out different types of playing styles until I find one that doesn't get my lynched almost immediately. :v

:v

Just now, Shade939 said:

Also, do you really think I'm playing it cool this game?

At the time, you had been.  As soon as I pointed it out you went off on me and have been belligerent ever sense, though not as much as you sometimes have been.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

At the time, you had been.  As soon as I pointed it out you went off on me and have been belligerent ever sense, though not as much as you sometimes have been.

Yeah, it's like I considered that to be a scum tell for you and immediately started focusing on you...

So, here's some food for thought. I found Sunflower's softclaim all the way back on D1. Plus her posts after can also be viewed as cop perspective when one considers her role.

The fact that the nightkill targets are apparently random instead of who I thought they would be (myself included), leads me to believe that the scum have been cop hunting.

I did not see any indication of Sunflower softing who she'd be investigating, so the thought that this could be a set-up by a Framer doesn't hold much water.

Shade, Mojoman and I have been untouched entirely. If either of them were scum, I feel like they'd go after me at night.

I think Shade is right about TheIrishMan being scum.

Probably the only other scenario is that Shade and Sunflower are the scumteam, Mojoman is the useful idiot, and Shade had Sunflower claim cop on Orange because Shade already had a built-up case and needed to counter my pending onslaught.

If Orange wants a way out of this, I think he'll have to try real hard to convince us of this alternative scenario.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Probably the only other scenario is that Shade and Sunflower are the scumteam, Mojoman is the useful idiot, and Shade had Sunflower claim cop on Orange because Shade already had a built-up case and needed to counter my pending onslaught.

If Orange wants a way out of this, I think he'll have to try real hard to convince us of this alternative scenario.

Really?

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Really?

Nobody would believe you if you'd claimed cop, and Sunflower hasn't softed her initial report on FRAYDO at all. So, it's a possible alternative.

Just now, Jeod said:

Nobody would believe you if you'd claimed cop, and Sunflower hasn't softed her initial report on FRAYDO at all. So, it's a possible alternative.

Sure that's possible if you ignored everything that contradicts that theory....

Like the fact you'd need Mojoman, myself, and Sunflower to be a three person Town team for that scenario to actually make sense...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Sure that's possible if you ignored everything that contradicts that theory....

Like the fact you'd need Mojoman, myself, and Sunflower to be a three person Town team for that scenario to actually make sense...

No, actually Mojoman isn't necessary. He really does have the capability of being a useful idiot, and his trust is best gained by catching a meager attempt at a towntell and calling it a definitive towntell.

You really ought to shut up and let Orange defend himself. I'm obviously capable of lending weight to both scenarios. It's more beneficial of Orange is the one to do it though.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You really ought to shut up and let Orange defend himself. I'm obviously capable of lending weight to both scenarios. It's more beneficial if Orange is the one to do it though.

Typo fix.

Honestly, this is a lot to take in.  I was rather blindsided by being such a spotlighted subject this day. TBH I don't know how a scum Sunflower would operate in a team that I'm not a part of, we have very limited data.  I also don't get why such a bold move would be used on me, unless maybe I've been closer to the truth than any of us suspected.  That would mostly mean scum Shade.  But why me, and not Jeod.  I mean, looking at it from a resource perspective, scum could have dealt with two people, if we consider this move on me "dealing" with someone.  Whoever they NKed, plus whoever they gambitted on.  I can't for the life of me gather why I'd make such a priority list.

My only conclusion then is that a scum has to be among the people who have been pressing and leading wagons, and therefore they were removed from the "target list".

11 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I didn't really want to let anything on to the scum team for fear they would've night killed me. There wasn't really much for me to go on with Fraydo other than my cop result on him. But I did say that I didn't have anything to say about him "at this time" which was intentional. lol

Btw I've never been a cop before. Did I pick a good time for the reveal? I was doing the thinking in my head and I didn't want to reveal the first day, but I figured if I waited until day 4, the chances were too high that I'd get killed and never get to tell anyone my results. And besides I got a scum result.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I didn't really want to let anything on to the scum team for fear they would've night killed me. There wasn't really much for me to go on with Fraydo other than my cop result on him. But I did say that I didn't have anything to say about him "at this time" which was intentional. lol

Btw I've never been a cop before. Did I pick a good time for the reveal? I was doing the thinking in my head and I didn't want to reveal the first day, but I figured if I waited until day 4, the chances were too high that I'd get killed and never get to tell anyone my results. And besides I got a scum result.

Depends on the situation, but since you got a Town result it's a good time. Especially if we have a protective role that'll keep you alive tonight.

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly, this is a lot to take in.  I was rather blindsided by being such a spotlighted subject this day. TBH I don't know how a scum Sunflower would operate in a team that I'm not a part of, we have very limited data.  I also don't get why such a bold move would be used on me, unless maybe I've been closer to the truth than any of us suspected.  That would mostly mean scum Shade.  But why me, and not Jeod.  I mean, looking at it from a resource perspective, scum could have dealt with two people, if we consider this move on me "dealing" with someone.  Whoever they NKed, plus whoever they gambitted on.  I can't for the life of me gather why I'd make such a priority list.

My only conclusion then is that a scum has to be among the people who have been pressing and leading wagons, and therefore they were removed from the "target list".

What makes you think scum's motives were dealing with problem players rather than find a cop? Two kills, ChopBam and FRAYDO. Neither had a spotlight, yet ChopBam did a fake PR-soft that resulted in him being the first target. FRAYDO was far more random I feel.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

What makes you think scum's motives were dealing with problem players rather than find a cop? Two kills, ChopBam and FRAYDO. Neither had a spotlight, yet ChopBam did a fake PR-soft that resulted in him being the first target. FRAYDO was far more random I feel.

Honestly, I've never been in the mindset of a vanilla scum, so I don't know how to "cop hunt", so it just really doesn't occur to me.  I'm working within my field of experience, and when I'm scum, I generally care more about problem players, and I'd think that'd be a sound strategy in a game such as this where words are even more important because of the vanilla-ness of the game.

So if you're asking my opinion about finding cops, I simply have no opinion.  I'm operating at a much more theoretical level than a practical level.

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

@Sunflower, if Orange is scum, who do you think his partner is?

I don't have any extra info so it's just my thoughts on stuff that's gone on, but my gut is leaning toward either Irish or Jeod. Irish because of the thing you caught and how Orange was initially wary of lynching him unless he stayed inactive for a long time. Jeod because of when he called you a dumbass for wondering if Orange was scum and I feel like he's tried to protect Orange a few times. I guess Mojo is possible too. I'd have to think more on that one.

I'm pretty sure it's not you because of how much you wanted to lynch Orange before. And I don't really think it's Cat 5 because he mentioned liking your theory on Orange and he mentioned Orange in his most recent analysis post too.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly, I've never been in the mindset of a vanilla scum, so I don't know how to "cop hunt", so it just really doesn't occur to me.  I'm working within my field of experience, and when I'm scum, I generally care more about problem players, and I'd think that'd be a sound strategy in a game such as this where words are even more important because of the vanilla-ness of the game.

So if you're asking my opinion about finding cops, I simply have no opinion.  I'm operating at a much more theoretical level than a practical level.

Well, nobody was really buying into Shade's wagon on you, and I was already building up a case on him, so maybe you didn't feel a need to kill him.

I don't have any extra info so it's just my thoughts on stuff that's gone on, but my gut is leaning toward either Irish or Jeod. Irish because of the thing you caught and how Orange was initially wary of lynching him unless he stayed inactive for a long time. Jeod because of when he called you a dumbass for wondering if Orange was scum and I feel like he's tried to protect Orange a few times. I guess Mojo is possible too. I'd have to think more on that one.

I'm pretty sure it's not you because of how much you wanted to lynch Orange before. And I don't really think it's Cat 5 because he mentioned liking your theory on Orange and he mentioned Orange in his most recent analysis post too.

I called him a dumbass because he presented weak arguments when stronger ones could have been made. It was really easy to see how Orange could mistake the Snipe/Mojoman/Snipe posts for TheIrishMan. The right kind of track when scumhunting, but definitely not the kind of track to rely on and present as the basis for your push.

If you look at Orange's interactions with Irish and Mojoman he's been willing to lynch booth of them, by default the only player left is Jeod then.

I guess one thing that makes me think it's not Irish is like if I were Orange and Irish was my scumbuddy and I was forced to say I would support lynching him if he stayed inactive, I'd be on his case in the doc to start making some posts already. But I have no idea what Irish's situation is.

11 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Well, nobody was really buying into Shade's wagon on you, and I was already building up a case on him, so maybe you didn't feel a need to kill him.

I don't think scum would ever kill Shade because he's such a wild card tbh :v:p