Vanilla-Chocolate Twist Mafia

iLikeToSnipe

I just had a thought.  So following the logic of yesterday, Shade's avatar represents his "character".  His character is himself.  Therefore he somehow thinks a martini represents himself...  I find that laughable :P

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I really wish I was here for the end of day, as the voting really looked interesting to me. Some of the votes looked like they might have been an attempt to save someone. I'll be doing some analysis on the voting to see if I can get any leads on that.

Once again, doc on this guy.

5 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I just had a thought.  So following the logic of yesterday, Shade's avatar represents his "character".  His character is himself.  Therefore he somehow thinks a martini represents himself...  I find that laughable :P

Are you laughing at the distinguished name of the Martini family? 

Day 2

You wake up to find ChopBam missing! A quick investigation of his quarters reveals the strangled body of Salustio "Chopbam" Ferlita. He was just your typical Mafia member, always loyal with no extraordinary abilities. May he rest in peace...

Alright, Alternate Universe Man. In a vanilla game like this, there are probably few people that hold a power role, and the scum team will be looking to find the people who have them. Narrowing down the list of people who might have a role is not something you should be doing. People with vanilla roles should actually be trying to protect the people who do have roles by trying to draw kills to themselves, which may be what ChopBam just did. (If that was the intent, I tip the hat to you man. If not, well, you may have drawn the kill away from a power role, so you should feel better about that.)

Now, you could claim that you're playing some sort of WIFOM game with that claim, and I would understand that since I'm doing that myself with my avatar. However, given how the last person who claimed vanilla was immediately killed,  it makes little sense for a person who has a power role to claim he's vanilla. It might be the case that the scum team decided that ChopBam made that claim to try to keep them from killing him, so they did the opposite. If the scum team has a tendency to kill people who claimed to be vanilla, then the only people who are safe to claim vanilla, are people with vanilla roles. 

I suppose that could still be an effective WIFOM game, where the move is considered so stupid that nobody would believe a power role would do that, and therefore it actually works. I can only hope you're playing on that level.

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

Awh. I'll miss Choppy.

I agree with your assessment Cat5. Hopefully Chopbam was just a brave boy who put himself in the spotlight there to protect a power role.

##vote Mojoman

Getting alarm bells from this guy.

On 4/27/2018 at 1:30 PM, ChopBam said:

I always feel safe lynching Mojoman.

##vote Mojoman

On 4/27/2018 at 7:27 PM, Mojoman said:

I'm sticking to RNG.

On 4/27/2018 at 9:57 PM, Mojoman said:

Welcome to the land of

N O

I

N

F

O

18 hours ago, ChopBam said:

I've forgotten how nice it is to be a vanilla role. No night actions to worry about, so I can sit back and work in real life. ?

Yeah. Red flags.

3 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Yeah right. That's weak Jeod, I just so happened to target the guy who voted for me.

I honestly expected something better from you.

##vote Jeod.

And I expected you to know better than to vote the softclaimed doc. Hell I expected to die last night.

Isn't one of the more effective scum gambits in this setup to claim to be the doctor in order to draw out a response from the real doctor?

And it's a bit on the  early side to start claiming your a doctor in the first day isn't it?

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Isn't one of the more effective scum gambits in this setup to claim to be the doctor in order to draw out a response from the real doctor?

And it's a bit on the  early side to start claiming your a doctor in the first day isn't it?

Without knowing what the setup is, that claim can’t really be made.

14 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Obviously it can be because I just did it. :v

At the moment I'm mostly annoyed at just how likely it is that we're only catch scum through meta reasoning or RNG.

58 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

At the moment I'm mostly annoyed at just how likely it is that we're only catch scum through meta reasoning or RNG.

You'd HATE Mafia Universe then.  These sorts of vanilla games where there's so few reports are their forte.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

You'd HATE Mafia Universe then.  These sorts of vanilla games where there's so few reports are their forte.

Probably, meta reasoning more than often than not seems to be as effective as relying purely on RNG, after FRAYDO dies of course. :p

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

And I expected you to know better than to vote the softclaimed doc. Hell I expected to die last night.

You softclaimed doc?

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Actually, doctor is a common role in vanilla games like these, so it could have been a good gambit to try and see. Then again, I see no reason to potentially ruin yourself as scum just to lure out the doctor this early in the game.

5 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

You softclaimed doc?

Yeah, I didn't realize that's what he was trying to do until after he pointed it out.

There's a list of tells if someone is a doc and one of them is asking the doc to protect a player at night,  iirc.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

There's a list of tells if someone is a doc and one of them is asking the doc to protect a player at night,  iirc.

Yeah, that's true.  It dinged my alarm bells, but I've been having trouble reading Jeod's meta lately.

I saw it. I was saying to myself "He better not be the doc, cause I'm going to be angry when he dies N1"

One of the meta tricks to vanilla games is that when people have certain power roles, they might tend to bring up that role in conversation because they know it exists. So a smart scum would be looking for such things.

Jeod mentioned doc twice, so I was thinking it was likely he was the doc. Apparently the scum team this game isn't that sharp.