[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

Just now, Shade939 said:

The obvious problem that can result from having both Rivals lose a fight today if they’re on the same side.

##Trainer Sunflower

##Rocket Theirishman

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47 Sunflower TheIrishMan
Killing_You    
Shade939 Sunflower TheIrishMan
FRAYDO Sunflower Shade939
Sunflower OrangeP47  
TheIrishMan TheIrishMan Category 5
Category 5 Hurricane    

Just now, Shade939 said:

Actually. I think I can be a bit nice to Irish in this case.

##Trainer Shade939

U srs?

Killing_You    
Shade939 Shade939 TheIrishMan
Sunflower OrangeP47  
Category 5 Hurricane    

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

It's too late this day to do it, but I'm putting KY on notice for the next day to participate more, lest he get voted rocket.

Yeah I've been unsure what to say. My bad ? 

This whole rival thing is... strange. I find it odd that Irish and Sunflower would be rivals with randoms rather than each other, especially when said randoms are unaware of said rivalry. I kind of want to test it out, but with only 7 people, it might be too big of a distraction. Hmm... 

16 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Yeah I've been unsure what to say. My bad ? 

This whole rival thing is... strange. I find it odd that Irish and Sunflower would be rivals with randoms rather than each other, especially when said randoms are unaware of said rivalry. I kind of want to test it out, but with only 7 people, it might be too big of a distraction. Hmm... 

Well we're on course to see what happens I guess.  You can either reinforce it or propose an alternative.

24 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Even if I had an alternative to propose, there's not enough time for me to reasonably argue it. Might as well reinforce, I suppose.

##trainer Sunflower

##rocket TheIrishMan

Killing_You Sunflower TheIrishMan
Sunflower OrangeP47  
Category 5 Hurricane    

Trainers: Sunflower, Shade939/OrangeP47 (coinflip)

Rockets: TheIrishMan, Shade939/Category 5 (coinflip)

Coinflips will determine Trainers before Rockets. In this case, if Shade wins the Trainer coinflip, Category 5 will automatically be the second Rocket for the battle.

This is the one day this week where I'll actually be home for hammer and I've got my currently most well rounded Pokemon set as my Main, so I'm in as good of a position to fight as I could hope for right now.

I seem to recall that there is some penalty for being voted rocket, though, is that right?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

This is the one day this week where I'll actually be home for hammer and I've got my currently most well rounded Pokemon set as my Main, so I'm in as good of a position to fight as I could hope for right now.

I seem to recall that there is some penalty for being voted rocket, though, is that right?

No, there's no difference. It's just fluff.

Right, well then, I'll help set this up.

##Trainer Shade939

##Rocket Category5

Killing_You Sunflower TheIrishMan
Sunflower OrangeP47  
Category 5 Hurricane Shade939 Category 5

Trainers: Sunflower, Shade939

Rockets: TheIrishMan, Category 5

~40 minutes to hammer.

If you don't mention you have a rival now, there is no reason for anyone to believe you if you claim it later. So effectively you lose the ability to claim it.

TBH I don't see how anyone has an advantage from claiming a rival, so I don't know why anyone would.

Someone could use it as a cover for something scummy they did.

Fair enough, but that's lying about having a rival.  If someone actually does have a rival, I still think their best course of action is to keep it under the rug.  I suspect we have more people who have rival claims who just aren't going to speak up.

If people have rivals and they don't speak up about it, they will probably eventually be caught doing something that looks suspicious and needs an explanation, and that explanation would be that they are rivals with their target. Which is why such a thing could be used as a cover and I want to stop this scenario from occurring.

Just now, Shade939 said:

We do have an odd number of players, so this Rival thing is going to be limited by that to start with.

I'm willing to accept that some, but not all people have a rival.  I'm even willing to wager it's a low number, for game balance.  However, I find it incredibly unlikely that the only two people with a rivalry just decide to spill the beans on it right up front.  We're missing something.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I'm willing to accept that some, but not all people have a rival.  I'm even willing to wager it's a low number, for game balance.  However, I find it incredibly unlikely that the only two people with a rivalry just decide to spill the beans on it right up front.  We're missing something.

From the sounds of things, they thought that everyone had a rival...

For an example of my own argument, back before this claim of rivals started, I thought TheIrishman looked pretty suspicious for trying to get himself into a battle with a guy who was actively complaining about how his Pokemon wouldn't do well in battle. Now that he has this rival claim, his actions make some sense and gets him a pass.

For an example of my own argument, back before this claim of rivals started, I thought TheIrishman looked pretty suspicious for trying to get himself into a battle with a guy who was actively complaining about how his Pokemon wouldn't do well in battle. Now that he has this rival claim, his actions make some sense and gets him a pass.

I mean, it certainly makes sense.  I believe Irish that he's rivals with Shade.  But I also think some scum would have rivals, and I don't think Sunflower is scum.

That's fine, but I'm trying to prevent scum from fabricating a rival claim when they get cornered on something.

I need to ask, why are you defending the idea of not saying who your rivals are?

I'm not necessarily defending it.  I just think asking people to be forward with it isn't going to get us very far.