3 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

##move 2 again

Just now, FRAYDO said:

##Night Shade

Gastly used Night Shade!
Dratini took 25 DMG (12 HP)!

Dratini snapped out of confusion!

Dratini used Thunder Wave!

Gastly is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Turn 3!

Just now, Sunflower said:

RIP Dratini literally the only pokemon that would be a problem.

#move 3

Just now, FRAYDO said:

##Lick

Gastly's paralysis reduces its Speed! Dratini goes first!

Dratini used Dragon Rage!

Gastly took 10 DMG (20 HP)!

Gastly used Lick!

A critical hit!

Dratini took 7 DMG (5 HP)!

Turn 4!

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Yeah its OP esp if we get to see what my move does.

The Gastly line is the only line capable of learning Night Shade in Gen1, and it can only OHKO 4 Pokemon due to the base stats mechanic used this game: Diglett, Magikarp, Abra, and Magnemite. It's just an unlucky matchup, but would be beneficial if used against, say, Lapras with its 130 HP.

Just now, Jeod said:

The Gastly line is the only line capable of learning Night Shade in Gen1, and it can only OHKO 4 Pokemon due to the base stats mechanic used this game: Diglett, Magikarp, Abra, and Magnemite. It's just an unlucky matchup, but would be beneficial if used against, say, Lapras with its 130 HP.

I'm just saying dragon rage and night shade are pretty much the same thing but mine only does 10 dmg because I'm dratini - whereas nightshade does 25+ for gastly onward.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I'm just saying dragon rage and night shade are pretty much the same thing but mine only does 10 dmg because I'm dratini - whereas nightshade does 25+ for gastly onward.

That's also true in game.

Dragon Rage does a flat 40 damage vs. Night Shade which does damage equal to your Pokemon level.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Just now, Shade939 said:

That's also true in game.

Dragon Rage does a flat 40 damage vs. Night Shade which does damage equal to your Pokemon level.

Gastly's low HP makes up for it, really. Plus, your Pokemon aren't automatically healed after each battle.

6 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

OMG I am so lucky.

##dragon rage

Dratini makes the first move due to paralysis, and Dragon Rage has no accuracy check. Gastly has fainted! Sunflower, the victor, receives a prize box and an additional prize! FRAYDO receives a prize box. FRAYDO gave one of his Pokecoins for the next Rest Phase to Sunflower.

Rest Phase 1 has started and will end at 6:00PM EDT tomorrow!