[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's possible.  Moving is a free action but you might have not bothered :p

You saw how difficult it was to try and get a fair fight set up for that Pokemon yesterday, and even then I would have probably lost to FRAYDO or Sunflower if they had fought me instead yesterday... :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

You saw how difficult it was to try and get a fair fight set up for that Pokemon yesterday, and even then I would have probably lost to FRAYDO or Sunflower if they had fought me instead yesterday... :v

So I take it everyone is happy with their main today then? No more Torchics?

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

You know, the fact that the image appears to be missing from that post completely ruined it...

You have to manually add the image like an attachment on mobile. Insert from URL or something like that. Learned that the hard way a few games ago.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

To be fair, who would you place in the double battle other than yourself though?

You have that entire Rival thing going on after all...

I'm not sure. I don't really think anyone is a better choice than anyone else, including me. Just because we're rivals doesn't mean we're going to learn anything from the battle. We find out one of the pokemon people have and whoever loses, has a pokemon faint. But they aren't out of the game so its not like we're going to have scum reveals unless someone's dumb enough to put their evolved pokemon as their main this early in the game. I kiiiinda doubt that so I think pretty much anyone could battle - except FRAYDO because that would be kinda mean.

42 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I'm not sure. I don't really think anyone is a better choice than anyone else, including me. Just because we're rivals doesn't mean we're going to learn anything from the battle. We find out one of the pokemon people have and whoever loses, has a pokemon faint. But they aren't out of the game so its not like we're going to have scum reveals unless someone's dumb enough to put their evolved pokemon as their main this early in the game. I kiiiinda doubt that so I think pretty much anyone could battle - except FRAYDO because that would be kinda mean.

To be fair, that's also why targeting them now would be a good idea, since we have to eliminate three of their Pokemon before we can learn their alignment.

We basically have two ways to approach that without targeting Scum specifically.

1. We can largely play to RNG and gang up on one player, and hope that we pick the right one and don't end up completely doing Scums job for them.

2. We can basically force everyone to fight, and in doing so weaken everyone while we continue looking for Scum to gang up on, so by the time players are actually eliminated we should have figured out who Scum are first.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

2. We can basically force everyone to fight, and in doing so weaken everyone while we continue looking for Scum to gang up on, so by the time players are actually eliminated we should have figured out who Scum are first.

I disagree with this option. Forcing everyone to fight without good reason only benefits scum. As we get weaker, scum will have an easier time finishing the job. I disagree with this suggestion so much so that you are definitely reading as Team Rocket to me right now.

Sunflower and I had an honest battle, and I have faith in her abilities to win this. If she doesn’t want to be apart of this double battle today, I’m open to changing my vote.

##Trainer Sunflower

##Rocket Shade939

Just now, FRAYDO said:

I disagree with this option. Forcing everyone to fight without good reason only benefits scum. As we get weaker, scum will have an easier time finishing the job. I disagree with this suggestion so much so that you are definitely reading as Team Rocket to me right now.

Sunflower and I had an honest battle, and I have faith in her abilities to win this. If she doesn’t want to be apart of this double battle today, I’m open to changing my vote.

##Trainer Sunflower

##Rocket Shade939

How many Pokemon can a player take out before they're eliminated from the game? If your not going with option 2, then you're naturally supporting option 1, which is to gang up on one player, who is certainly going to fight back regardless of their alignment.

Which will also weaken us, and make it easier for Scum to finish the job, but they also have the possible benefit of being at full health.

9 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

##Trainer Sunflower

##Rocket Shade939

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47 Sunflower TheIrishMan
Killing_You    
Shade939 Category 5 Sunflower
FRAYDO Sunflower Shade939
Sunflower    
TheIrishMan TheIrishMan Shade939
Category 5 Hurricane    

Just now, Sunflower said:

##trainer Orange

Hammer is in 8 hours.

Killing_You    
Sunflower OrangeP47  
Category 5 Hurricane    

9 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

##Trainer Sunflower

##Rocket Shade939

I mean, Shade was just laying out options, and he did present an alternative... you're being awfully uncharitable...

Right, more helpful CvC for double battles:

Killing_You    
Sunflower OrangeP47  
Category 5 Hurricane    

Trainers: Sunflower and Category5/OrangeP47 (coin flip)

Rockets: Shade939, TheIrishMan

12 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, Shade was just laying out options, and he did present an alternative... you're being awfully uncharitable...

Yeah, you’re prolly right. Maybe I’m just making waves for discussion. Or maybe I’m still in grief over my precious Gastly. Or maybe it’s Shade being Shade.

5 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Yeah, you’re prolly right. Maybe I’m just making waves for discussion. Or maybe I’m still in grief over my precious Gastly. Or maybe it’s Shade being Shade.

Shade hasn't really done anything overtly Shadey ( :v ) this game yet heh.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I'd much rather you vote me to be a trainer, Sunflower.

##rocket cat5

If I do wind up on a team with Shade, I can always try to lose.

Orange, thinking I'm more likely to be Scum is stupid. Think about what I've done so far.

All you've done so far is pursue your rival.  In a world where rivalry isn't a tell (and that's how it should be), that's null.  You may not be scum telling, but Sunflower seems towny.  If rivlarly is balanced, that just leaves you the odd man out.

Pursuing a rivalry to such extremes can certainly be considered anti-town too, even if it's not actually scum.

25 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I'd much rather you vote me to be a trainer, Sunflower.

##rocket cat5

If I do wind up on a team with Shade, I can always try to lose.

Orange, thinking I'm more likely to be Scum is stupid. Think about what I've done so far.

Killing_You    
Sunflower OrangeP47  
TheIrishMan TheIrishMan Category 5
Category 5 Hurricane