[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

7 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

tumblr_oprnnve8wS1ud0i5uo1_500.gif

Class is now in session. Let's teach Irish a lesson.

I had some of the N64 pokemon games before I had any gameboy games, oddly enough.

Also, I'd be down for fighting Irish.  I'm not sure I'd win, but I'd at least stand a chance.

Sunflower and I did a few battles last night. I'm not happy with some of the rules there, like for instance having Dig on a Charmander is banned... Maybe Dig is banned in general, because it causes auto-miss on a turn and that's against their competitive rules. Dig is one of my favorite moves, so that's a shame.  Overall it's pretty fun though.

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47    
Killing_You OrangeP47 Killing_You
Shade939    
FRAYDO OrangeP47 Killing_You
Sunflower    
TheIrishMan    
Category 5 Hurricane    

One comment on the current setup.

As much as one can have a scum read this game, Irish is still there, so really, I'll fight him (Though I only would give myself "decent" odds of beating him, assuming his pokemon is a known quantity).  I know however it has been proposed we spread out who's fighting to keep everyone roughly the same level, and thus myself vs Killing You would fit that mold pretty well.  Even though we don't know what Killing You has, I'd still rate myself a decent shot there.

Unless someone has an alternative, that's what we should be discussing.

Just now, Shade939 said:

In all fairness, you really will need items to give you the competitive edge in fights, so I’m not certain anyone could realistically beat Irish at the moment...

That's a good point.  Maybe I will prefer facing Killing_You and taking my chances with whatever he has randomly.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

That's a good point.  Maybe I will prefer facing Killing_You and taking my chances with whatever he has randomly.

Category 5 would stand the best chance out of anyone here, but he’d want something that could take out a Snorlax before he should even consider that matchup at least.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Category 5 would stand the best chance out of anyone here, but he’d want something that could take out a Snorlax before he should even consider that matchup at least.

I simply have a strong pokemon.  I do have something that can deal with snorlax, but not for some time.  If Irish is a problem late game I can help on that front.

10 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I simply have a strong pokemon.  I do have something that can deal with snorlax, but not for some time.  If Irish is a problem late game I can help on that front.

Yep, we’ll have to see what happens, but considering it takes three battles at a minimum to eliminate one player, it’s probably a safe bet that everyone could still be present for the late game.

The Pokemon I have as my primary might actually be well suited to taking on a Snorlax. I would have to calculate expected damage values to be sure, which I can do in about 12 hours when I'm home from work. I know that if I had picked any of the others as my primary, I wouldn't be very confident.

That said, I shouldn't be in much better position than anyone else who may have picked a Pokemon that would have an advantage over a Snorlax. It's not like winning a single battle gives you an incredible advantage.

That also said, because Snorlax is a one stage pokemon, it's not like we have to worry about him getting stronger late game through evolution, and he already has the items.  He's just as big a deal now as he will be then, but the counter is that given enough time more of us will have evolved counters, so putting him off till later might actually be the wiser move.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

The Pokemon I would be sending against him also doesn't evolve, though one of my other Pokemon would be even better suited to taking on a Snorlax if I bought it a TM to use.

Well the real question is 'Is Snorlax enough of a threat to warrant it?'.  My current thinking is no.  The other side of the balance is spreading out items equally to people like KY and me who don't have any yet.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Wow, I feel like I'm being treated as Scum while I haven't even done anything scummy >.>

It's not just whether you're scum or not, but how you use your force.  Snorlax is a big force, and it's been demonstrated you're willing to use it for your own ends.

I'm not actually particularly eager to fight you, I'm just saying I think I could win.

I am getting a slight scummy read from you, though, given that you were eager to "prove" yourself town when I don't think you could have proven anything even if the game mechanics worked as you thought they did.

Is he really that scary?

original.jpg

Also, why are you guys assuming that I still have Snorlax as my main? I have 5 other picks.

It's kind of a worse case scenario calculation.  I can't imagine anything else you have (barring type advantage calculations) giving me as much trouble as snorlax.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm not actually particularly eager to fight you, I'm just saying I think I could win.

I am getting a slight scummy read from you, though, given that you were eager to "prove" yourself town when I don't think you could have proven anything even if the game mechanics worked as you thought they did.

If the game mechanics worked like I thought, I could've healed Snorlax and then battled with him the next day. From my understanding at the time, Team Rocket would've been unable to heal. Therefore I'm not Scum. Pretty simple logic, and it would've limited our suspect pool

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

It's kind of a worse case scenario calculation.  I can't imagine anything else you have (barring type advantage calculations) giving me as much trouble as snorlax.

Fair, I have some other decent pokemon though. Granted there's one that I want to reroll since I wasn't paying enough attention when I picked it.

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I guess I'm not on the record, but I'm fine with the current "plan", as I've said.

##Trainer OrangeP47

##Rocket Killing_You

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47 OrangeP47 Killing_You
Killing_You OrangeP47 Killing_You
Shade939    
FRAYDO OrangeP47 Killing_You
Sunflower    
TheIrishMan    
Category 5 Hurricane    

So...does anybody else think we should move the day phase to 24 hours instead of 48?

In the future, we potentially might need longer debate.  Plus some people aren't able to check every day right now.  I know a few have good excuses too.