[GAME OVER] MARVEL- NETFLIX BASICS MAFIA

Killing_You

I never said the cop should come out right now >.> in fact I said I was against it and that they should wait until the next day at least. I don't know how it even became a consideration. Although I do find it odd that under your scenario you decided that I should be the next one to be lynched instead of Orange if you flip Town. Right now the only two players we know results in one of them being scum is you and Orange.

And no Shade, it's up the the GM to decide how people are notified, if at all. For example, being visited by a tracker or your target being visited by a watcher might give people a message like, "You felt like you were being watched." Or ,"You felt a presence looking over you." (this could also be used if the GM wanted to let people know they were protected). And in Jeod's game when FRAYDO investigated a player, they got a notification of their ID being checked.

7 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I never said the cop should come out right now >.> in fact I said I was against it and that they should wait until the next day at least. I don't know how it even became a consideration. Although I do find it odd that under your scenario you decided that I should be the next one to be lynched instead of Orange if you flip Town. Right now the only two players we know results in one of them being scum is you and Orange.

When I flip town my theory will be proven correct, and it postulates that you're the more dangerous of the two. In a 1 scum vs 3 town scenario, all it takes is one afk townie to let you win. As we all know, not everyone can make it to hammer on time or come to a voting decision. Further, you were present on Day 1 but didn't end up voting. It's because you didn't know how the GM would show double voting and want to keep that ability hidden, right?

Oh and Shade, a watcher doesn't know what abilities target them, though I suppose there could be an ability watcher but that's basically a role cop. Watchers target a player and sees whoever visits the targeted player. Watching yourself isn't a very wise move though since it doesn't help as much for catching Scum. Although you can verify certain people targeting you, potentially clearing them, it won't help you find Scum specifically. If you watch yourself and die, you gain nothing. If you watch someone else and they die, you'd see the killer (unless they're a ninja or something similar).

Jeod, where did this double vote thing come from? It sounds like another desperate attempt because that, a daykill, and vote blocking are basically the only things that'd push me into a position of power and make what you're saying somewhat reasonable.

And it sounds like you're just trying to force together pieces that don't fit. If there was ever a double voting ability, it'd either be a day action, hidden day action (though I'm the only GM I've known to use them), or something preemptively done the night before like what Cat5 did with the vote steal. It wouldn't make sense for it to just automatically be used or for a player to have two votes every day.

Let's take a look at the page I linked, shall we?

Exactly how the double vote works is up to the moderator. Some examples include:

• A player may have two votes in play at a time, controlled with Vote: PLAYERNAME and Second Vote: PLAYERNAME.
  • A player may cast a single vote, but it has the weight of two votes. If this is done, the moderator may explicitly list the vote twice, or just once.
  • A player may cast a single vote inthread, but control an invisible second vote via PM.

I'm not forcing anything together. It's the only thing that fits aside from KY assigning a character flavor twice.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

If Jeod is town, I think KY has some explaining to do.

Indeed, as I expected a basics game.

I feel I need to point out that you're both speaking as if lynching me today is set in stone. I assure you, it's not.

35 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

And no Shade, it's up the the GM to decide how people are notified, if at all. For example, being visited by a tracker or your target being visited by a watcher might give people a message like, "You felt like you were being watched." Or ,"You felt a presence looking over you." (this could also be used if the GM wanted to let people know they were protected). And in Jeod's game when FRAYDO investigated a player, they got a notification of their ID being checked.

Simply put, to balance out the GM confirming any ability usage in game, it actaully wouldn’t surprise me if the Cop turned out to be a member of the Mafia.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in meetings with only a few minutes between them... Been a hectic two days at work. I think we ought to lynch Jeod or Orange. Been trying to keep up throughout the day, Jeod and Orange were both making some weird logical leaps. My gut says Jeod is the scum right now.

5 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Unfortunately I'm stuck in meetings with only a few minutes between them... Been a hectic two days at work. I think we ought to lynch Jeod or Orange. Been trying to keep up throughout the day, Jeod and Orange were both making some weird logical leaps. My gut says Jeod is the scum right now.

You know, the point of asking your opinions now was to clarify any questions. What exactly in my point of view is a logical leap?

17 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You know, the point of asking your opinions now was to clarify any questions. What exactly in my point of view is a logical leap?

The double vote thing for one. It’s definitely a bit of a stretch to insist that Irish out of all players in game would have to have that ability just because he didn’t vote for a no lynch yesterday and is targeting you.

Allthough he certainly is one of the most vocal  players targeting you right now. Even assuming Orange is scum, that would by no means necessary prove Irish was on the same side as him. Which your vote wasn’t exactly on your double to start with, who should be the guaranteed scum member out of anyone in this scenario...

41 minutes ago, Jeod said:

What Shade just mentioned about Irish having a double vote. I can't look it up due to time, but you also made some huge leap between exhonerating yourself as scum because you couldn't be the killer. The thing about Irish is just wild speculation.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

What Shade just mentioned about Irish having a double vote. I can't look it up due to time, but you also made some huge leap between exhonerating yourself as scum because you couldn't be the killer. The thing about Irish is just wild speculation.

I hyperlinked it. I exonerated myself as “the killer” factually and as scum from, as Irish likes to say, what I know. If you can’t find time to read my words properly then don’t vote.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

This close to hammer, I feel it's time to put the vote in.

##vote Jeod

Vote counted.

CVC:
Jeod voted OrangeP47
OrangeP47 voted Jeod
Nodlied voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted Jeod
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
Sunflower voted Jeod

Jeod has the majority for the lynch (3 votes).

WARNING! 1 more vote for Jeod will cause a HAMMER!

Time Left: 22m

54 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

The double vote thing for one. It’s definitely a bit of a stretch to insist that Irish out of all players in game would have to have that ability just because he didn’t vote for a no lynch yesterday and is targeting you.

Allthough he certainly is one of the most vocal  players targeting you right now. Even assuming Orange is scum, that would by no means necessary prove Irish was on the same side as him. Which your vote wasn’t exactly on your double to start with, who should be the guaranteed scum member out of anyone in this scenario...

I think you ought to examine my rebuttal post from this morning:

1) I presume that TheIrishMan and OrangeP47 are the scumteam. Let's start with TheIrishMan. I'd already been hammering away at him for his scum perspective post at the start of this thing. At the same time, iLiketoSnipe is busy suspecting OrangeP47 due to the early hammer suggestion. I was at work so couldn't put more attention to Snipe's read, but I did say I agreed with it.

2) TheIrishMan continued to push for my character flavor--the reason given that "there's only 3 characters that fit the role of a Drunk". I saw this as flawed reasoning, so I tried to get more information out of him.

3) The tipping point: scum feels the pressure is too much between iLiketoSnipe's read on OrangeP47 and my read on TheIrishMan. I claim my character after providing, in my opinion, an excellent post about why I'm town and Irish is wrong. The first quote in that post shows TheIrishMan clearly saying that it doesn't matter which character I claim, I'm still scum. OrangeP47 counterclaims my character a full three minutes after my initial claim. That's plenty of time to have read my post and decided that it was getting to a point of no return.

Hold up your early hammering, I have more to write.

4) This leads us to the reason I formed my current theory. It's well known that tomorrow there will be five players left in the game. But let's not think players, let's think votes. Now, normally there would be 3 votes needed to cause an early hammer tomorrow. However, given @Shade939's supposition of dayvigs and whatnot, I considered the interactions between Irish and Orange with the other players and discovered that a Mafia Doublevoter Role made the perfect fit. The reason behind their posts. Here's why:

5) Use this as a guide. TheIrishMan states that, while "it's possible Orange can be scum we'll just lynch him after you". Orange followed that up with suggesting that in a counterclaim, the lynch must take place within the two contradicting players. This was a direct play to keep TheIrishMan off of the lynch table.

More to come.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

How certain are you that you were roleblocked Orange?

I just got a message that I was "visited".  It didn't say what it did, and I didn't do an action so I can't confirm that way.

Maybe Jeod stole my identity....

6) If my theory is correct and both scum live to tomorrow, then scum will have 3 votes to equal the number of town votes, forcing a nolynch on MYLO and gaining the win.

7) Since TheIrishMan's ability could only be used during the day (I assume), then OrangeP47 must have a night ability, which I blocked last night (and he admitted that he got a visitor, and nobody else has claimed to visit him).

1 minute ago, Sunflower said:

Yeah, I gave it some thought, and I just think that Jeod was unlucky and picked Orange's character for his cover sounds like a lot simpler explanation than the ones that make my head spin.

TIL: "Making your head spin" = "Must be wrong"