[GAME OVER] CYOR - Supernatural Edition

TheIrishman

As far as settings go you’d want to limit game time and limit the need to eliminate other players in order to win.

For a victory condition you could have the game take place in an Empire undergoing a war of succession after the previous rulers death, and limit the successors to NPCs only so victory is based on an NPC uniting the Empire under them instead of a single player.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

So basically, something along the lines of a strategic nation based RPG then?

Personally I’d suggest going with a science fiction theme, since that’s an easier setting for a GM to work with on that case.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

As far as settings go you’d want to limit game time and limit the need to eliminate other players in order to win.

For a victory condition you could have the game take place in an Empire undergoing a war of succession after the previous rulers death, and limit the successors to NPCs only so victory is based on an NPC uniting the Empire under them instead of a single player.

I agree with you and that's why I want to resurrect one of my older Mafia RPG game ideas from BHP and turn it into a more political game.

Babylon 5 is a perfect setting for it as it is a meeting place of all the great races in galaxy, a place of commerce and diplomacy (and the last hope of Peace).

To spice it up we can also mix in other universes as optional flavor but B5 has already plenty to choose from.

57 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

I agree with you and that's why I want to resurrect one of my older Mafia RPG game ideas from BHP and turn it into a more political game.

Babylon 5 is a perfect setting for it as it is a meeting place of all the great races in galaxy, a place of commerce and diplomacy (and the last hope of Peace).

To spice it up we can also mix in other universes as optional flavor but B5 has already plenty to choose from.

As long as it'd still have a fair degree of strategic elements to go along with it so it wouldn't entirely be discussion based like most of these games. Things like building and creating armies, attacking and conquering territory, collecting and improving resources in those territories, and the ability to research new technology from a general tech tree.

Edit: Yeah, you could save yourself quite a bit of work with a tech tree if you added in the ability to modify existing tech so it basically became a +1 Laser Weapon.

Edited by Shade939

11 hours ago, Shade939 said:

As long as it'd still have a fair degree of strategic elements to go along with it so it wouldn't entirely be discussion based like most of these games. Things like building and creating armies, attacking and conquering territory, collecting and improving resources in those territories, and the ability to research new technology from a general tech tree.

Edit: Yeah, you could save yourself quite a bit of work with a tech tree if you added in the ability to modify existing tech so it basically became a +1 Laser Weapon.

Yea we don't want to have a full Master of Orion/Sins of Solar Empire/*insert your favorite star system painting* simulator. So for the sake of completing the game within a month or 2 we would work with a shorter life span where you don't race who gets to research weapons first or spend "game decades" on casual resource management.

So instead we'll play with decisions that do matter and "turn wheels" right away: The forum game will be more or less focused on short term trade, diplomacy, influence, espionage and warfare rather than long term simulation. 

5 minutes ago, Jeod said:

B255DDAF-0552-4AA4-BB1E-18D336793BDB.thumb.gif.d9014c19437c8bc1257197287211afcb.gif

Personally, I've been enjoying my time where I can get involved in an activity without having to worry about what's going on in Mafia.  Get a hobby :p

(But yes, I'm eager to see which of my character ideas was chosen for this game :p )

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Personally, I've been enjoying my time where I can get involved in an activity without having to worry about what's going on in Mafia.  Get a hobby :p

(But yes, I'm eager to see which of my character ideas was chosen for this game :p )

Black ops 4 ;)

Also now's a good time to say it, because you'll know it's true, as none of us know what we are yet, but I'm *probably* going to miss hammer D2 (if I survive that long), due to pokemon community day.  Shouldn't be too big a problem unless we have massive drama then.

CYOR - Supernatural Edition: Day One

08f35c030e28c786ad8c2c3df29ec8247680e53c

Here you all are, standing beside friend and foe alike. You must try your best to outwit each other, to achieve your own goals and obtain victory. But most of all, I hope you all will have fun!

The rules are standard. Mafia must try to equal or exceed Town in numbers. Town must try to destroy all hostile enemies. If there are any Third Party or Neutral players, they must do their best to complete their objectives.

Days will be 48hrs with Nights being 24hrs. Hammer will be at 6PM EST or 10PM UTC.All night actions must be sent at least an hour before hammer. If you have any questions regarding the rules or your abilities, feel free to ask, although I may not be able to answer all of your questions. Also just a heads up, there may be hidden day actions, so I promise if something happens that you don't expect, it's most likely not my mistake :p

Lynching rules: At the end of the day, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, RNG will decide. No Lynch is acceptable, but two days without voting a player will result in punishment. There is no early Hammer initially. There may be one when the player pool has thinned down enough with everyone asking for it. You must vote at least once every two days or face a penalty.

There are also extra guidelines which are posted in the general thread, but let's recap the main ones for those who are new:

• Try to stick to the timetable

• Await your Role PM soon before the game starts, if you have any questions, let me know before we start, since after that I won't have time to check PMs

• Please be civil! No spamming or swearing. It's just a game. Let's have fun!

• If you are not in the game, please DO NOT post game related stuff in chat!

• DO NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless you are specifically given permission by me.

• DO NOT quote private mod communications.

• DO NOT attempt to break the game. No trying to get people to make toxx clauses, encryption, or fake day actions. Basically, if you're about to post something you're a little too proud of as a way of breaking the game, think twice before posting.

• NEW RULE: There will be a minimum of posts required. You must post at least 5 times during the day, separate from each other. There is no penalty the first time but if it happens twice in a row, you'll be roleblocked the following night. If you have any extenuating circumstances, just let me know.

Additional notes: I'll either have to extend the phases on most Fridays or Saturdays, or delay the resolving by about 5 hours. You guys can tell me what you'd prefer.

PMs are still being sent out, but they should be finished within an hour. (sorry for the delay).

Good luck!

Day One

CVC:

Killing You voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Jeod voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
Sunflower voted nobody
Verti60 voted nobody

There are no votes cast.

19 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

• NEW RULE: There will be a minimum of posts required. You must post at least 5 times during the day, separate from each other. There is no penalty the first time but if it happens twice in a row, you'll be roleblocked the following night. If you have any extenuating circumstances, just let me know.

Neat. This might do well to ensure activity. Guess it's worth mentioning once more, but Saturdays and especially Sundays will still be quiet days from me.

Alright, well with that being said, ##vote Killing You. Gotta do my usual thing :v

I guess on that subject, I'll miss hammer this Saturday as things stand, so I wouldn't mind an extension, but just because it's nice for me doesn't necessarily mean it's the correct course of action. I'm fine with having to sit that one out due to my obligations as just being on me.

Just now, Jeod said:

Good participation rule. Now then, who has the most useful quirks I wonder?

I have a quirk, it's called compulsive posting. It means I never have to worry about getting 5 measly posts in a single day phase.

(Oh, you meant our characters, you say? :p )

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I have a quirk, it's called compulsive posting. It means I never have to worry about getting 5 measly posts in a single day phase.

(Oh, you meant our characters, you say? :p )

Let's get started then.

Are you planning on trying to poison any Vampires?