[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Huh, I actually went back and checked it all again. I guess I saw your report that you thought you could take down Psyduck as a sign that you had type advantage, and I must have mixed Jeod's Electric report with yours.

Yeah, the problem is you could also have gotten it confused with anything you might have heard in any docs you might be in.

At the moment though, I'm more curious in other players actions than your own. But then again, everyone else seems to be roughly playing the same way so...

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Anyway, now I take back what I said previously about Shade building a counter to Psyduck. If he doesn't have type advantage, then he isn't training to counter him either.

Tbh he could be playing the Shade way and building to counter Rockets rather than worry about the NPCs, but I think he might be building to counter Trainers. It's still a toss-up.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Yeah, the problem is you could also have gotten it confused with anything you might have heard in any docs you might be in.

At the moment though, I'm more curious in other players actions than your own. But then again, everyone else seems to be roughly playing the same way so...

Oh, so you've caught on?

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'm not the one going on about how it's unusual that I'm not focused on creating a counter to it...

Countering the Psyduck -> Investigation -> Closer to finding Rocket scum

What sort of backwards logic are you running on?

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I need to do more shoveling. Is hammer today?

I was originally going to be away for hammer today, which is just one schedule reason I was against shortening this day, but I'm here now.  Hammer is tomorrow, and now that everyone is being so lively, it seems ruude to interrupt the "discussion".

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

As a follow up to suddenly wanting to investigate, I was visited by someone last night. I wasn't really sure what to do with that information, but I think it's an incentive to investigate.

Was it anything to do with training?

36 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

The more I think about it the more I want to do the investigation.

That's out of nowhere, forcing a conversation back to something else without an action...

23 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I'm beginning to think you guys are completely terrified of a level 30 NPC with a Psyduck...

I'm actually starting to get a read from you

23 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

you guys

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Interesting, so there's potentially a third power role out there...

I actually assumed you (or cat5 I can't remember) had also had the same visitor, but apparently not...

So I want to challenge route 30 today in order to test if I get a benefit for investigating and if the pokemon levels during investigations scale based on how early they're encountered in the game (so 30 would start at level 20 and radio tower would be level 50).

13 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

As a follow up to suddenly wanting to investigate, I was visited by someone last night. I wasn't really sure what to do with that information, but I think it's an incentive to investigate.

Valuable information we could have used 24 hours ago...

7 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Interesting, so there's potentially a third power role out there...

A third? Am i missing something or have the other 2 not been identified?

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I actually assumed you (or cat5 I can't remember) had also had the same visitor, but apparently not...

So I want to challenge route 30 today in order to test if I get a benefit for investigating and if the pokemon levels during investigations scale based on how early they're encountered in the game (so 30 would start at level 20 and radio tower would be level 50).

That's a nice proposal, but there's too many cons. We're better prepared for Route 34. If you're Rocket, then doing Route 30 could be a ploy to stall investigation at the cost of one of your Pokemon, which is a risk you might be willing to take if you received a revival item. Thus, town would still have nothing and you and your partner would get more training time in before the inevitable.

3 minutes ago, Brigitte said:

A third? Am i missing something or have the other 2 not been identified?

Category 5 was my visitor Night 1. I may have had another visitor on Night 1 and Retaliation's visitor has nothing to do with my mystery visitor.

5 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I'll point out, but I think Rocket also has actions in this game, so why are you assuming it would be a benefit?