[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Probably because your acting like Scum right now, and refusing to answer what should be largely harmless questions.

Harmless to you maybe. Not to myself or the rest of town. Knowing my role does give me some extra information and possibilities. For reasons I won't share I don't think it's a good idea to role claim. You can disagree with that, but it's a fact.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Anyways, I'm not claiming until some future point.

Mojo's actions have not been beneficial to town. I wasn't here D1, but I've still been scum hunting and generating good discussion. That's a lot more than can be said for Mojo...

I know mojoman's character and abilities, I know nothing about you at all other than you probably think you'll wind up getting lynched if you revealed anything.

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I know mojoman's character and abilities, I know nothing about you at all other than you probably think you'll wind up getting lynched if you revealed anything.

Okay let's take that a step further. Why do you trust everything Mojo has said and why do you think I'm afraid that a role claim will get me lynched?

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Okay let's take that a step further. Why do you trust everything Mojo has said and why do you think I'm afraid that a role claim will get me lynched?

It doesn't really matter when you refuse to claim even your character name.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

It doesn't really matter when you refuse to claim even your character name.

This is why I find you difficult to work with when we're both on the same side (or at least not both scum). You haven't given me any reason to claim anything besides your personal demands. You haven't told me how you think my claim would benefit town. All you do is demand things, and I don't negotiate with terrorists. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Give me a good reason and I'll happily claim. Convince me that it's good for town.

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

This is why I find you difficult to work with when we're both on the same side (or at least not both scum). You haven't given me any reason to claim anything besides your personal demands. You haven't told me how you think my claim would benefit town. All you do is demand things, and I don't negotiate with terrorists. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Give me a good reason and I'll happily claim. Convince me that it's good for town.

This is exactly what you did as the TP Loki when I asked you to clarify your character.

This RNG could only be worse if it somehow killed FRAYDO tbh.

##vote iLTS

Nolynch D2 makes sense TBH and has precedent in previous games when there's nolynch D1 and an early scum kill.

But, I don't like that you'd rather vote nolynch than try to kill someone who isn't helping town. If I'm your #1 scum suspect multiple people are suspicious of me and then you decide to nolynch?? That is a move that only benefits non-town players, because if I am scum, why let me use an ability which I could be lying about, or make a NK if I'm not roleblocked?

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

This RNG could only be worse if it somehow killed FRAYDO tbh.

##vote iLTS

Nolynch D2 makes sense TBH and has precedent in previous games when there's nolynch D1 and an early scum kill.

But, I don't like that you'd rather vote nolynch than try to kill someone who isn't helping town. If I'm your #1 scum suspect multiple people are suspicious of me and then you decide to nolynch?? That is a move that only benefits non-town players, because if I am scum, why let me use an ability which I could be lying about, or make a NK if I'm not roleblocked?

Because I wasn't comfortable voting you since I've been busy and haven't had the time for a proper case. But you went ahead and did that for me.

You were suspicious to me but I didn't feel there was enough of a reason to lynch you yet which is why I voted no lynch. Now I do actually think there is a reason though.

On 9/15/2019 at 3:30 PM, Mojoman said:

Well heck, I at least want a tie to 50/50 RNG someone.

##vote Killing_You.

Now if someone wants to also vote nolynch, we can have some more fun.

I'd like to start here. At this point in time, the majority vote was on OrangeP47 with 2 votes, one vote on NoLynch, and one vote on me. Mojo placed his vote to create a tie between myself and Orange.

Shortly after, Nodlied ripped a big one and blocked Mojo's vote, putting Orange back in the majority.

On 9/15/2019 at 4:37 PM, OrangeP47 said:

It's that, and Mojo was actually trying to be helpful earlier, and isn't that generally a sign he's scum?

I'll cast the first lot.  I don't expect everyone to get down off their high horse if I don't first.

##Vote Mojoman

Majority was still on Orange at this time, and he cast a vote on Mojo for a rather flimsy reason. I initially saw this as a joke vote or banter, but knowing that Orange is scum, it looks more like the scumteam trying to distance themselves from each other.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:01 PM, Mojoman said:

@Nodlied Oof.

You know my reason for voting Nodlied and you're being obtuse skipping over it to somehow implicate me. The fact you threw out an ability D1 reads as a scum trying to score some townie points by appealing to the current nolynch meta.

May Nodlied die during the night and prove me wrong, because when he starts hunting me like this, he is scum.

This makes it seem like he had an ulterior motive for placing his vote. I don't think anyone would be that upset unless there was some serious reasoning.

On 9/16/2019 at 4:11 PM, OrangeP47 said:

The flavor of the block/whatever was that I got "sucked up" and then "spit back out" at the end of the night.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:19 PM, ChopBam said:

Now that's a clever alibi! Even I believe it!

...huh. Does it have something to do with your backpack?

On 9/16/2019 at 5:35 PM, ChopBam said:

I won't! At least you have an alibi for last night. We're quickly narrowing down suspects, it seems.

These timestamps are just to prove that the Chop/Orange conversation took place while Orange was still alive. Keep this in the back of your mind.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:01 PM, Mojoman said:

I'm gonna have to stick by Shade here just because he called me out at day start. If he was scum, there would be no reason to openly call out a roleblocker, just off him with a night action.

This isn't really scummy in and of itself, and I'll admit is a pretty decent analysis. If he had left it here, he'd likely be in a better position. However...

On 9/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, Mojoman said:

I'll point out for the record I sided with Shade here, just for future reference.

Here we have Mojo making a big deal about being on Shade's side, even though it wasn't really necessary. As if he knew that this would come up later, and wanted to preemptively boost his townie points.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:19 AM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Just got caught up to here after having a fresh read of D1. Reading through that I thought "Vertigo could be a doctor..."

Kinda felt like he was joke claiming one. Lo and behold, he flips doctor. If I saw that from skimming through somebody else (aka scum) might have picked it up. I don't know why he would do that though.

And here is where iLikeToSnipe comes in. This is mostly just a timestamp to prove Mojo had been around to see the conversation between Chop and Orange before iLIkeToSnipe had his suspicions.

Shortly after this is the conversation between iLTS and Chop where iLTS starts scumreading Chop. This isn't a dig at iLTS, though, as he misread the thread and admitted to his mistake later.

On 9/17/2019 at 1:24 PM, Nodlied said:

Mojoman   -   Iceclimbers! Can randomly block people. Town.

Closest thing to a defense for Mojo from Nodlied that I could find. Keep this in mind.

23 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Easy to claim things of a dead man.

This is where things kicked off, and made me start to question Mojo a little bit. As demonstrated, he was already around to see that Orange was still alive when Chop claimed roleblocker/ability copier, and Orange confirmed it.

23 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Nodlied essentially wrote my defense for my unlikeliness of being scum. And a helpful Nodlied is a townly Nodlied.

I sided with Shade before the Orange kill, I claimed my block on him instead of trying to play around flavour text, there's no basis for me to night block Shade D1 because who would actually suspect Shade of being a crazy murder boi AND Orange claimed he didn't do the NK, so obviously another scum must have, which as said above, I couldn't do.

While @ChopBam is more or less taking advantage of a situation AFTER the pieces have already fallen.

The target is random, the effect is a night block.

As we saw earlier, Nodlied's defense wasn't really a defense. Here we also see him making a big deal about siding with Shade. And he continues to point the finger at Chop despite the fact that what he's accusing him of is demonstrably not true.

The only thing in Mojo's favor here is the fact that he blocked Shade and Orange was also blocked. This makes me think that there could be a third scum member that we don't know about, and given the amount of players, it's possible.

5 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Okay, had a chance to read through some more. I don't think the ChopBam/Orange interactions are scummy. I had misplaced the order of posts on my first read through, so that's my bad.

Mojo still seems suspicious to me. His D1 behavior doesn't feel like something a town player would do. His "joking" went on for far too long.

I am gonna look into KY as I can. Shade pointed out he was too quick to defend Orange. But I'm not sure if that's what actually happened or that's just Shade being Shade...

As of now, I'd be in favor of a no lynch or Mojo.

Here iLTS admits his mistake and mentions that he's starting to be suspicious of Mojo. No vote here, and in the following post, he votes NoLynch.

2 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Nah I don't like this feel mate.

##hammer iLTS

And Mojo goes for the block/possible kill right afterwards. iLTS didn't vote him or build a substantial case.

2 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Wanting a 50/50 between no lynch and lynch isn't a joke, my vote stood and Nodlied took over.

And here we go back to what happened D1. This right here is a lie. He created a tie between myself and now-confirmed Scum, and even called for someone else to vote NoLynch, which would've created a three way split between NoLynch/OrangeP47/Myself.

I already voted Mojoman, so I ask you all to consider this case.

4 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I'd like to start here. At this point in time, the majority vote was on OrangeP47 with 2 votes, one vote on NoLynch, and one vote on me. Mojo placed his vote to create a tie between myself and Orange.

Shortly after, Nodlied ripped a big one and blocked Mojo's vote, putting Orange back in the majority.

Majority was still on Orange at this time, and he cast a vote on Mojo for a rather flimsy reason. I initially saw this as a joke vote or banter, but knowing that Orange is scum, it looks more like the scumteam trying to distance themselves from each other.

This makes it seem like he had an ulterior motive for placing his vote. I don't think anyone would be that upset unless there was some serious reasoning.

These timestamps are just to prove that the Chop/Orange conversation took place while Orange was still alive. Keep this in the back of your mind.

This isn't really scummy in and of itself, and I'll admit is a pretty decent analysis. If he had left it here, he'd likely be in a better position. However...

Here we have Mojo making a big deal about being on Shade's side, even though it wasn't really necessary. As if he knew that this would come up later, and wanted to preemptively boost his townie points.

And here is where iLikeToSnipe comes in. This is mostly just a timestamp to prove Mojo had been around to see the conversation between Chop and Orange before iLIkeToSnipe had his suspicions.

Shortly after this is the conversation between iLTS and Chop where iLTS starts scumreading Chop. This isn't a dig at iLTS, though, as he misread the thread and admitted to his mistake later.

Closest thing to a defense for Mojo from Nodlied that I could find. Keep this in mind.

This is where things kicked off, and made me start to question Mojo a little bit. As demonstrated, he was already around to see that Orange was still alive when Chop claimed roleblocker/ability copier, and Orange confirmed it.

As we saw earlier, Nodlied's defense wasn't really a defense. Here we also see him making a big deal about siding with Shade. And he continues to point the finger at Chop despite the fact that what he's accusing him of is demonstrably not true.

The only thing in Mojo's favor here is the fact that he blocked Shade and Orange was also blocked. This makes me think that there could be a third scum member that we don't know about, and given the amount of players, it's possible.

Here iLTS admits his mistake and mentions that he's starting to be suspicious of Mojo. No vote here, and in the following post, he votes NoLynch.

And Mojo goes for the block/possible kill right afterwards. iLTS didn't vote him or build a substantial case.

And here we go back to what happened D1. This right here is a lie. He created a tie between myself and now-confirmed Scum, and even called for someone else to vote NoLynch, which would've created a three way split between NoLynch/OrangeP47/Myself.

I already voted Mojoman, so I ask you all to consider this case.

image.thumb.png.281e32e942b33ffb10e1134b0a3efb69.png

I'm so proud of you guys. Making long essays and coherent arguments.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'll point out something obvious that everyone is ignoring, but Orange recurved flavor text that he used to describe him being roleblocked, therefore, the GM basically confirmed that happened given those details.

If you mean his use of the words "sucked up" and "spat back out", it's perfectly alright to paraphrase a PM. It's also perfectly okay to fabricate a paraphrasing of a PM to emphasize a point. It's also perfectly okay to use stronger words to emphasize a point. ;)

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

If you mean his use of the words "sucked up" and "spat back out", it's perfectly alright to paraphrase a PM. It's also perfectly okay to fabricate a paraphrasing of a PM to emphasize a point. It's also perfectly okay to use stronger words to emphasize a point. ;)

That describes a different ability than the one that targeted me, so it obviously should be a different ability, and I really doubt Orange would risk lying about the made up flavor description for being targeted by an action.

I'm not understanding your point here? CYOR has an emphasis with flavor text. As such flavor text can also be manipulated by hostiles. It's always been this way. Now sit back down and pay attention to the game.

Just now, Shade939 said:

That's why you would generally avoid giving out details about abilities as a GM since you'll end up confirming their use.

And if Chop and Orange are scum partners? You're going way out of your way to question me about flavor text that's always been around in these kinds of games. Pay attention to the game you're playing in or you'll be looking at a penalty voteblock.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

No, it's called reality, if you tell a player they notice someone watching them last night, then they know someone was watching them last night with an ability. And that's GM confirmed.

Exactly. In some games that's normal in others it isn't. CYOR does allow the use of flavor in scum hunting, and it's usefulness goes both ways.