[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Because I was totally convinced and was wrong, FRAYDO found the rules actually mentioning random items, and I've been working pretty much the entire time since this day started (currently working for my employer and myself on a side gig). So, I haven't had enough time to do much besides stay up to date this day.

I was trying to offer alternate explanations and you just flat-out weren't listening.

Just now, ChopBam said:

From what FRAYDO tells me, @iLikeToSnipe was 100% set on me being scum, and from his posts in the thread, I wouldn't doubt it. Then Cat5 flips town and everything's good? I'm having some trouble buying it.

The majority of my suspicions were due to the 1-UP. Also, I've never said you aren't still on my scum list.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

The majority of my suspicions were due to the 1-UP. Also, I've never said you aren't still on my scum list.

From what it seems like, I'm just another regular scum list player though. Not higher or lower than the others. Yesterday you were like Jeod's current avatar in earnestness, all from something completely unproven.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

From what it seems like, I'm just another regular scum list player though. Not higher or lower than the others. Yesterday you were like Jeod's current avatar in earnestness, all from something completely unproven.

I'm starting to feel like I'm talking with Shade...

Yesterday: didn't know about the random item rule

Today: knowing about the random item rule removes the biggest reason I had to be suspicious of you

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Yesterday: didn't know about the random item rule

Today: knowing about the random item rule removes the biggest reason I had to be suspicious of you

I asked you to allow for the possibility that there's something in the game you might not be aware of, which was extremely likely. Your response was to ignore that, in a huge way by continuing with your tunneling, ad infinitum. The question I'm asking myself is whether this crosses the line of incredulity, or if I should really give you the benefit of the doubt now. Whether your earnestness this entire game has been all true or just an act.

4 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I asked you to allow for the possibility that there's something in the game you might not be aware of, which was extremely likely. Your response was to ignore that, in a huge way by continuing with your tunneling, ad infinitum. The question I'm asking myself is whether this crosses the line of incredulity, or if I should really give you the benefit of the doubt now. Whether your earnestness this entire game has been all true or just an act.

Well, I thought I nailed the scum team. But if I'd bothered to read the rules we probably wouldn't have lynched Cat5 and bagged scum. So I kind of feel like a dunce right now...

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

If I had left the mask intact, would you have considered stealing it?

Probably not. Cause I don't trust Mojo.

Well, I thought I nailed the scum team. But if I'd bothered to read the rules we probably wouldn't have lynched Cat5 and bagged scum. So I kind of feel like a dunce right now...

That's fair enough, I had a lot of dunce moments this game too. So I'll leave it alone, for now.

Probably not. Cause I don't trust Mojo.

I don't either, although he did admit that he holds something which could cause a nightkill. Would you suspect he admitted (as possible scum) to having the smart bomb just to gain townie points? This is some 4D chess...

11 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I don't either, although he did admit that he holds something which could cause a nightkill. Would you suspect he admitted (as possible scum) to having the smart bomb just to gain townie points? This is some 4D chess...

Possibly, his original target can't be verified.

Gaining townie points is a weak argument as I said earlier guys.

Come to think of it, @ChopBam why admit you had the smart bomb? You had the option to pass it and then you'd be able to detonate it N7, killing a potential scum read, or you could have just held and destroyed it.

There's no benefit I can see to you sharing you had it, not even to gain townie points.

The reason I asked is because I had no idea where it went, so detonating it would have been a fools errand.

15 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Possibly, his original target can't be verified.

I think Shade confirm N1 he was blocked by Mojoman, which means we need some explanation for Verti's kill, since I blocked Orange. Unless of course Louis unblocked Orange and just pretended to take no action. She did cast a vote on Mojo yesterday though if I'm not mistaken.

Just now, Mojoman said:

You had the option to pass it and then you'd be able to detonate it N7, killing a potential scum read, or you could have just held and destroyed it.

I have no indication that I'll be able to detonate it after passing it. Just that it's beeping, and that I can pass it or destroy it. And the way the smart bombs worked in Smash, if you destroy them up close, they hit you. So I may not wish to try destroying it.

12 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I have no indication that I'll be able to detonate it after passing it. Just that it's beeping, and that I can pass it or destroy it. And the way the smart bombs worked in Smash, if you destroy them up close, they hit you. So I may not wish to try destroying it.

Well I'll blame Jeod for lack of explaining that.

I can feel the dead doc laughing at us because there's something super obvious we missed. Urgh...

Right now, my gut is telling me iLikeToSnipe is likely scum. Why? I don't know. He's on third and I don't care. All I have right now is a gut feeling, and I don't think I'm comfortable with a gut feeling. If anyone else has some ideas, now's the time.

Especially not when the holder has his 1Up, rendering your explosion useless. It would take ChopBam out of the night however, and if that were to happen and D6 starts with a NK, we can safely assume he is not responsible. Not something I am keen on testing though.

4 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Especially not when the holder has his 1Up, rendering your explosion useless. It would take ChopBam out of the night however, and if that were to happen and D6 starts with a NK, we can safely assume he is not responsible. Not something I am keen on testing though.

Same here.

5 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Somebody had to NK Shade on N3, unless there was some delayed kill. I know it wasn't Louis

Solving the N3 NK is the key to nailing scum today. This is the only method I see that currently can implicate someone.

Let's review the N3 claims.

FRAYDO - Masonry with iLTS, boosted by KY
iLTS - Forced mask onto Chopbam, masonry with FRAYDO
Killing You - Boosted FRAYDO
ChopBam - Inhaled Louis, failed to pass mask
Mojoman - No claims
Louis - Inhaled by ChopBam
Cat5 - Danced for Shade

This then leads us to mark off those who cannot have done the NK.

FRAYDO - Masonry with iLTS, boosted by KY
iLTS - Forced mask onto Chopbam, masonry with FRAYDO
Killing You - Boosted FRAYDO
ChopBam - Inhaled Louis, failed to pass mask
Mojoman - No claims
Louis - Inhaled by ChopBam
Cat5 - Danced for Shade

Myself, iLTS, and Mojoman remain.

My ability use was the masonry with ILTS, confirmed by both of us, and my item use would have been the Wind Waker I had stolen from me previously.

iLTS forced the mask onto ChopBam. iLTS' claim is the mask action is his ability action.

Mojoman claims nothing as a Vanilla role.

FRAYDO
iLTS
Mojoman

The N3 NK perpetrator then is one of these two. You will notice iLTS is still on the list, and for reasons stated below after Mojoman's case.

Mojoman cannot be scum. We know he roleblocked Shade N1, and Mojo claimed the block was randomly selected. One can ask why the roleblock can be a Pro-Town ability, but conversely you can also ask how can it be a Pro-Scum ability. A randomly targeted roleblock would be hard to coordinate with a NK, unless we could know that scum could very well have been immune to their own roleblocker. I find the possibility very unlikely. My own item, the Wind Waker and its effect, could be claimed Pro-Scum as well, with its bussing results.

D2 Mojoman voted for iLTS. D3 and D4 he voted for Cat5, D3's vote being locked.

Considering his abilities and his voting pattern at least including iLTS once, Mojoman is looking to be Town by me. Intending to plant the bomb on Louis, we also can infer that Louis and him are not on the same team.

Therefore, N3's perpetrator has to be none of than iLTS.

He claimed to have forced the mask back onto ChopBam, and ChopBam too has verified being unable to move it. However, the mask action was not his ability action.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:01 PM, ChopBam said:

Problem is that nobody else can verify that I used a discard action for my ability. What I can't figure out is 1) why alibis are necessary, seeing that no NK happened, and 2) why iLTS thinks he's exempt from such an alibi?

Your mask being destroyed was your ability night action? Is this verifiable?

On 9/25/2019 at 6:03 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

With no mask I have no actions. I was actually intending on roleblocking you last night with your own ability. Looks like destroying the mask comes first...

As for alibis, I'm trying to figure out why there were no night kills. Whichever reason it is could lead to different scum teams.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:19 PM, FRAYDO said:

From what I have gathered in the iLTS masonry, iLTS cannot control the mask and the Wind Waker in the same night. We know the Wind Waker was used last night.

iLTS has claimed to me the underlined statement. If the statement is true, then we are to know that the Mask action was his item action no matter how he planned to use it. He cannot control the mask and use the Wind Waker together, and so he proposed to pass it back to me. With forcing the mask onto ChopBam being his item action, then this reveals that his ability action was free to perform the NK on Shade.

N3 Shade was murdered. As I had opened with in this case, somebody had to do it. Mojoman is equally able to have been able to perform the N3 NK, but my argument for him sees him as Town. iLTS is scum and he is the one we need to nail today for the death of Shade.

##vote iLikeToSnipe