{Game Over} {CYOR} Spooky Scary Scumhunting

Retaliation

Honestly @Jeodit feels like you have intentionally misrepresented my case in an attempt to get rid of me, and maybe I should be voting you instead. That flip flop is just majestic. In what world would it make sense to join the others in scrutinizing you for saying FRAYDO and Sunflower could be faking the failed kill, when my actual position on the idea was that I found it possible. Unlikely, but possible, and not to be forgotten about.

3 hours ago, ChopBam said:

My night action has the potential to determine whether Cat5 is really a hider. However, if he's hiding behind someone and I attempt to visit him, will my action not work? I guess that might also be some kind of verification. UNLESS, he actually has a passive roleblock and uses the hiding claim to get away with both that and a nightkill.

I don't know how Retal flavors it, but previous games I've seen would give a "can't find your target" result.

KY, when you drive someone to a new target, does your target know they wound up at the wrong place?

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Honestly @Jeodit feels like you have intentionally misrepresented my case in an attempt to get rid of me, and maybe I should be voting you instead. That flip flop is just majestic. In what world would it make sense to join the others in scrutinizing you for saying FRAYDO and Sunflower could be faking the failed kill, when my actual position on the idea was that I found it possible. Unlikely, but possible, and not to be forgotten about.

Thats how it’s going to look when I’ve been thinking about it all day and at the same time not posted much. I’ll read your rebuttal properly when I’m fully awake in a few hours.

Aha, I see. True, you did claim Hider before knowing who passed you the item. If you had said you'd hidden behind anyone other than Louis, then, the claim falls apart because she gave you the item. However, one facet of the traditional Hider role is that if they hide behind scum, they die. As a result, if your claim is true, then it should follow that Louis is town. Yet you're voting her. Does your variant not have this facet?

I mean, that logic would mean that being detected by scum = killed, and being detected by town = they can target you. Either way, detection ought to mean that your target knows you hid behind them.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

More questions: Due to Cat5's unverifiable suspicion, why haven't our claimed investigative roles targeted him? Party profiler anyone?

Chop was blocked and Orange had to pass it last night. That answers that.

A final question for now, and I want everyone to consider their own opinion on the matter: Do we think Mojoman was the intended kill target or do we think scum was redirected? If the former, should we re-evaluate Cat5 with the possibility that scum killed Mojoman hoping to also hit Cat5?

I'm not sure why they targeted Mojo, especially cause it helped to confirm the weird Dutch gimmick. I could see Nodlied wanting that, but he seems to have an alibi for both days. I guess they might have also done it, thinking I wouldn't have him high on my protection list. And they were right that I didn't.

I said this to KY early in the day, but statistically, it's not that unlikely Mojo was the kill.  First we remove scum, as obviously they won't kill themselves, but we can't know who they are. (they might be repeated in the next pools though).  Then we remove myself, Cat 5, and Louis, for being everyone's top scum read.  Scum generally don't kill people who might get lynched instead.  Then we remove FRAYDO/KY for being claimed neutral (or maybe TP).  Then I'd go so far as to remove Sunflower, as being the obvious kill, and probably a trap set up by abilities that might not have been known at the time the kill was being made.

That only leaves a handful of people, and it's really like 25% chance it could be any one of them, including Mojo.  That's not a big chance, but it's not a small chance as if we were considering the entire playing field either.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

And like, a point everyone seems to be missing too, we're probably dealing with more than just the killer.  Yeah nail the killer first, but we won't be out of the woods once we do so.

I haven't missed it. But the problem is we have no way of knowing who is hiding behind what smoke and mirrors. There's definitely a few "clear" people that I'm suspicious of tho.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I haven't missed it. But the problem is we have no way of knowing who is hiding behind what smoke and mirrors. There's definitely a few "clear" people that I'm suspicious of tho.

Comment was more directed at Jeod ;)

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

And like, a point everyone seems to be missing too, we're probably dealing with more than just the killer.  Yeah nail the killer first, but we won't be out of the woods once we do so.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Precisely. Nailing the killer is easier at the moment.

##unvote

Looks like there's a lot of good arguments in favor of either Cat5 or Louis. I'd be fine with lynching either one today. That being said, I can see Jeod's push on Cat5 as subtly steering the lynch away from Louis, but it's not strong enough for me to make a definitive case.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

I expected to be the second kill due to the ease of proving innocence via masonry.

Well, it's also known that the battle of the wits can kill, perhaps scum is hoping it'd hit town or that you kill yourself.

Just now, Killing_You said:

MAFIA EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'll be placing my vote closer to hammer. I want to see where the arguments go today.

Same here, I'll be working at my desk, checking tests, until hammer itself, so I'll be around.

4 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

##unvote

Looks like there's a lot of good arguments in favor of either Cat5 or Louis. I'd be fine with lynching either one today. That being said, I can see Jeod's push on Cat5 as subtly steering the lynch away from Louis, but it's not strong enough for me to make a definitive case.

I can go either way, that’s why I’ve been asking for other input. I do feel a case for Cat5 is stronger than a case for Louis. There’s so far been nothing to tell us that the party profiler is an item. Doesn’t match flavor for Montresor either.