{Game Over} {CYOR} Spooky Scary Scumhunting

Retaliation

Just now, Jeod said:

I thought it was Mojoman.

Chances are that it is him, yes. As it would make sense for him to get even with me.

At the same time, it also makes sense if scum used it on me, as I'm known as the role blocker, it is possible that the user tried to get me to hit Sunflower.

I'm looking back through several pages to see if I can find any connections between Louis and a potential partner. Biggest one to jump out at me is Nodlied, who doesn't really seem to be addressing the Louis controversy at all.

Category 5 Unlikely. Cat5's surprise at receiving an item seemed genuine.
Made hider claim before Louis item pass claim. Cat5 voting for Louis.
ChopBam Quick to point out Louis as one of the two biggest suspects for the Mojokill,
and to point out the discrepancy between Orange's report and Louis' visit claim.
FRAYDO Confirmed neutral (??? this is based off something Orange said and FRAYDO confirmed)
Claimed someone tried to kill him, confirmed saved by Sunflower
Jeod They've been at each other's throats all day. Could be faked? Maybe, maybe not,
but Louis was quick to vote for Jeod.
Killing_You 99% positive he's not scum. Quick to vote Louis.
Nodlied Could be scum roleblocker? Doesn't appear to be fighting for or against Louis.
OrangeP47 Discrepancy between RNG tracking report and Louis' visit claim makes it very dubious that
he'd be on a scumteam with her.
Sunflower I think we can all agree she's pretty low on the scum possibilities.

5 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I can go either way, that’s why I’ve been asking for other input. I do feel a case for Cat5 is stronger than a case for Louis. There’s so far been nothing to tell us that the party profiler is an item. Doesn’t match flavor for Montresor either.

I'll tell you where I'm at right now, and I'll let you do with the info as you please.

Right now, I have two possible scum teams in my head: Cat5 and Louis or you and Louis. The case on Cat5 and Louis is mainly due to them both being unconfirmed both nights and the apparent night interactions between the two (Cat5 choosing to hide behind her). You and Louis, however, is mainly due to how as soon as votes started piling up on Louis, you started making a case for Cat5. I also can't ignore the fact that Louis was Suspect Alpha for a lot of yesterday, until your spat with iLTS steered the lynch onto him. \

Either way, Louis is on both teams I can think of, and therefore will probably get my vote today.

It's unlikely in a game of this size that there'd be only one scum. If Nodlied stops being a potential scum partner for Louis, the next best likelihood is Jeod (with Louis half-heartedly throwing shade at him and voting for him to create distance.). Failing this, I'd be willing to consider that Louis is town. To think otherwise would not be diligent unless we have an explanation for any of the other players being matched up with Louis. 

Potential bad scum slip-ups are another possibility, but at this point it gets to WIFOM arguments.

14 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I'm looking back through several pages to see if I can find any connections between Louis and a potential partner. Biggest one to jump out at me is Nodlied, who doesn't really seem to be addressing the Louis controversy at all.

Category 5 Unlikely. Cat5's surprise at receiving an item seemed genuine.
Made hider claim before Louis item pass claim. Cat5 voting for Louis.
ChopBam Quick to point out Louis as one of the two biggest suspects for the Mojokill,
and to point out the discrepancy between Orange's report and Louis' visit claim.
FRAYDO Confirmed neutral (??? this is based off something Orange said and FRAYDO confirmed)
Claimed someone tried to kill him, confirmed saved by Sunflower
Jeod They've been at each other's throats all day. Could be faked? Maybe, maybe not,
but Louis was quick to vote for Jeod.
Killing_You 99% positive he's not scum. Quick to vote Louis.
Nodlied Could be scum roleblocker? Doesn't appear to be fighting for or against Louis.
OrangeP47 Discrepancy between RNG tracking report and Louis' visit claim makes it very dubious that
he'd be on a scumteam with her.
Sunflower I think we can all agree she's pretty low on the scum possibilities.

Nodlied has access to the battle of wits and explicitly said he wasn’t going to activate it. Maybe tells you something?

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

It's unlikely in a game of this size that there'd be only one scum. If Nodlied stops being a potential scum partner for Louis, the next best likelihood is Jeod (with Louis half-heartedly throwing shade at him and voting for him to create distance.). Failing this, I'd be willing to consider that Louis is town. To think otherwise would not be diligent unless we have an explanation for any of the other players being matched up with Louis. 

Potential bad scum slip-ups are another possibility, but at this point it gets to WIFOM arguments.

If you think Louis and I are a team, it means Louis must have been the one to perform the last two kills. Does that work?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Nodlied has access to the battle of wits and explicitly said he wasn’t going to activate it. Maybe tells you something?

Not sure I understand. Nodlied hasn't been very forthcoming with his actions to me this game. Sort of a "go back and look," and when I do, his original claims were cryptic. Can you elaborate?

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

If you think Louis and I are a team, it means Louis must have been the one to perform the last two kills. Does that work?

Yes, she's unverified both nights afaik.

Not sure I understand. Nodlied hasn't been very forthcoming with his actions to me this game. Sort of a "go back and look," and when I do, his original claims were cryptic. Can you elaborate?

Yes, she's unverified both nights afaik.

Sorry, I mean during our masonry. He had the same opportunity I did to activate the battle and get either of us killed, yet said early on that he didn’t think he’d use it.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Sorry, I mean during our masonry. He had the same opportunity I did to activate the battle and get either of us killed, yet said early on that he didn’t think he’d use it.

Do you think this lends him townie points? If you and Nodlied are both definitely town, I might reconsider my vote on Louis. But there's no way to know this.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Do you think this lends him townie points? If you and Nodlied are both definitely town, I might reconsider my vote on Louis. But there's no way to know this.

I don’t think Nodlied is one to put his scum life on the line for a chance to get a kill in. It was also the first night so if he is, it was too early to do so.

33 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I can go either way, that’s why I’ve been asking for other input. I do feel a case for Cat5 is stronger than a case for Louis. There’s so far been nothing to tell us that the party profiler is an item. Doesn’t match flavor for Montresor either.

TBH I should have just called it the Guestbook, because Montresor started his journey at a Carnival Party, but for some reason I thought that would sound lame so I called it the Party Profiler.

1 minute ago, Sunflower said:

Between Chop and Jeod both claiming block, Nodlied's action seems pretty much confirmed last night. I'm not sure about the first night but we at least know the Dutch gimmick happened to Mojo somehow.

Louis could have done the kill both nights, yes?

Louis could have done the kill both nights, yes?

Maybe. She didn't claim any action on N1 except passing Cat 5 an item. On N2 it's more complicated because she says she tried to steal from Jeod. Orange says he saw her do nothing. So for her to do the kill N2, Orange's report would have to be wrong.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Maybe. She didn't claim any action on N1 except passing Cat 5 an item. On N2 it's more complicated because she says she tried to steal from Jeod. Orange says he saw her do nothing. So for her to do the kill N2, Orange's report would have to be wrong.

If she’s scum however, her passive might be more oriented toward masking her movements.

Just now, Jeod said:

If she’s scum however, her passive might be more oriented toward masking her movements.

This is what I'd be leaning toward. She claims night BP after all, but as scum this could be translated to a more general night protection and the BP would be the lie.

On Louis vs Cat 5:  TBH they're both rubbing me the wrong way. Obviously I have more personal interaction with Louis here, and that would tend to bias me towards wanting to vote her, so I feel like I need to dive deeper into Cat 5 to make sure I don't overlook him. Cat 5 seems less verifiable than Louis, for one thing, but on the other hand, Louis being obstinate is pretty anti-town.  Vengeful scum has a precedent (in the first game I hosted) so I'm wary of that. Honestly, what are our thoughts on Cat 5 - Louis scum team? It might have been ruled out and I missed it, but if it's a possibility, I'd want to go for Cat 5 first, so we can deal with the possible vengeful claim last, because if we hit that in the middle our odds of succeeding go down as our force for the next day is diminished.

3 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Orange says he saw her do nothing. So for her to do the kill N2, Orange's report would have to be wrong.

Yes, but it'd have to be wrong anyway because she said she went somewhere.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Yes, but it'd have to be wrong anyway because she said she went somewhere.

So either she can mask, I'm lying, or something messed with me independent of this. Obviously I'm going to rule out the middle option, but I can see that generating some debate.  The last possibility is perhaps the most concerning though, whereas the first would be the simplest but also not a great look for Louis.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

So either she can mask, I'm lying, or something messed with me independent of this. Obviously I'm going to rule out the middle option, but I can see that generating some debate.  The last possibility is perhaps the most concerning though, whereas the first would be the simplest but also not a great look for Louis.

Do you know for sure that your RNG target was Louis? I guess it wouldn't make sense if your action was RNG and you were never told your target. :V

Just now, ChopBam said:

Do you know for sure that your RNG target was Louis? I guess it wouldn't make sense if your action was RNG and you were never told your target. :V

It specifically says who I target. It specifically says "Louis".

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Is there a reason we aren’t considering orange is the scum here?

Mostly just because he knew FRAYDO's info the same night that scum tried to kill FRAYDO. And I'm not sure how that makes sense for scum to investigate him and kill him on the same night. For me anyway.