[GAME OVER] CYOR V (Anniversary Edition)

Jeod

NIGHT THREE

Obviously, Killing_You is lynched! He was King Ghidorah, the Mafia Mastermind!

Known as "The Devil with Three Heads," King Ghidorah is a monstrous dragon from outer space, intent on conquering Earth like he has done to countless other worlds. He is one of the greatest threats the planet has ever faced.

But we're not out of the woods yet folks. Category 5's fighter jets take aim and fire! It's a direct hit on Shade939! He was All Might, and Town. That's RNG for you.

You have 24 hours to get your night actions in. Since there are only four players remaining, I will accept an earlier daystart if all actions come in sooner.

12 minutes ago, Louis said:

Sorry Shade I'm so mad that you're dead

I feel like even if it's indirectly my fault Shade died, by helping Cat 5 (turning scramble into an item), Shade always has it coming, so I'm not too mad.

We just vote Cat 5 tomorrow, ez pz.

God, tomorrow's going to be an F3. I was just telling people over at MU how we never get down to F3 over here, guess I jinxed it.  Anywho, Cat 5's not going to kill me, because I'm the other suspect, but it's bleedingly obvious it's Cat 5 because he just murderized Shade.  Don't fall for any shenanigans he tries to pull. 

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

God, tomorrow's going to be an F3. I was just telling people over at MU how we never get down to F3 over here, guess I jinxed it.  Anywho, Cat 5's not going to kill me, because I'm the other suspect, but it's bleedingly obvious it's Cat 5 because he just murderized Shade.  Don't fall for any shenanigans he tries to pull. 

Final 3s are amazing and we need them more often.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Final 3s are amazing and we need them more often.

Meta:  I kinda agree. After the conversation I had it got me thinking about game design and made me want to design something that'd be as close a game as possible. Like, I have no idea how I'd go about doing that at this stage, I'll probably have to do some research, but be on the lookout for a game from me in the future where I'm trying to get you guys down to a F3.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Meta:  I kinda agree. After the conversation I had it got me thinking about game design and made me want to design something that'd be as close a game as possible. Like, I have no idea how I'd go about doing that at this stage, I'll probably have to do some research, but be on the lookout for a game from me in the future where I'm trying to get you guys down to a F3.

The tricky thing about F3s is ensuring it doesn't come down to a coin toss. It's tough enough to have roles that don't actually help you nail all the scum before F3, but so much of it relies on the players to be participating so there's something to go back and base all your reasoning on.

Just now, Jeod said:

The tricky thing about F3s is ensuring it doesn't come down to a coin toss. It's tough enough to have roles that don't actually help you nail all the scum before F3, but so much of it relies on the players to be participating so there's something to go back and base all your reasoning on.

Thankfully nobody in our community is a true potato. I mean, we do have some low-posters, but looking at the different communities that participate in champs, there's some people that take inactivity to whole new levels...

Well look at that, Shade got hit by a Meteor.

41QBO2jQzTL.jpg

I know the Gloster Meteor isn't a naval aircraft. Fuck you. Also the HMS Indomitable could never fit Jet Fighter aircraft, Jeod WTF. Seafires and Albacores, man. Get with the program!
Also, right now, in the dead doc, Shade is throwing a fit about me being town.

Right. Well, not that ya'll've gone and fucked the plan I was making for tonight and took away my last chance gambit for tomorrow, I'm going to tell you what the plan was anyway just so that I can waste of your time, a fraction of the time that I wasted making this plan. Also a couple of other things happened that burned this plan too, but I'll get to those later.

First, the plan was that FRAYDO would Investigate me, Orange would steal my ability again, and Louis would be free to target..anyone she wants, actually. This was meant to be a double verification test, in which most any lie among us would be caught.

First, by FRAYDO investigating me, I would see him and verify that he at least did an action that targeted me. I suppose I couldn't prove that his action was a cop action, but if anything else occurred, I would know that FRAYDO did it.

Now, if either FRAYDO or I were lying, there would be a dispute here. He could claim the wrong alignment for me as he's been faking his role the whole time, or I could be faking my role. Orange visiting me and Louis picking one or the other would be my verification check. If Orange takes my role and loses it in the same night, then Orange knows Louis tracked him. If Orange takes my role and keeps it, then he knows Louis tracked me or FRAYDO. Also, if Louis tracks Orange but doesn't get my ability from him, then she knows where Orange did not take my ability. Louis could also track FRAYDO and see what he does. Both Louis and Orange should know who among them targeted me. If I were to declare the wrong people targeted me, there would be at least one way to prove I'm lying. FRAYDO has to target me for this plan to work, but if he were to deviate from the plan, he is at risk of being caught by Louis.

If I declare everything correctly according to what Orange and Louis know, that should be pretty good evidence that I have the passive I claim to have. Granted, it would be mathematically possible to guess the correct combination of who did what, but at least a number could be applied to that knowledge. That would get weighed against any claim from FRAYDO.

Of course, I have total faith in what my investigation would appear as, so really the goal of this test was just to prove that I have the role I claim to have, while getting FRAYDO to prove me town. This would leave the TP to be among the rest of Orange, Louis, and Shade.

Now, obviously, since you attempted to take away my ability and forced me to use it, none of this can be attempted. But it's just as well, because we're not TP hunting any more. With KY flipping as Mafia Mastermind, we're Mafia hunting again. I couldn't really fight the idea that I was TP, but I can fight the idea that I am Mafia.

You may remember that I was calling Mojoman out as scum on Day 1. I called KY out as scum on Day 2. If I'm Mafia, I'm doing a pretty bad job looking out for my team. Granted, I know the Mastermind thing throws some wrenches in there, but scum need to get into a winning position before they start stabbing each other in the back.

A couple people have already figured out that this means the next day will be a Final 3 phase, which naturally means there will be a NK before then. My plan was built with the idea that there would not be a NK, because it kinda requires everyone survive the phase for it to work.

On the flipside of that, Orange very quickly adapted to the idea that we're going down to a Final 3. Almost like he knew that's what was going to happen in the first place, right? The rest of us have been looking for a TP, but lo and behold, it's actually the second Mafia member we're looking for.

Now, you wanna know something interesting about Orange? He's been looking for a TP since the game started. Notice that during D1 he was already fixated on the idea that there was a TP in the game. Players who know that there was a TP in the game include: The two Mafia members who needed to find the Mastermind. So instead of hunting Mafia, he goes for me because he thinks I'm TP. Then he targets Retaliation, who I had pretty clear town in my books (granted this was because he discreetly signaled to me that he had my ability, something Mafia would never do). Orange has not contributed in any way to the takedowns on Mojoman and KY. All he has done is follow the lead given from others. He didn't even do his job in defending Shade. Why was that my job this game?

The only thing that has me questioning any part of this case is FRAYDO's claimed result on Orange. This one thing makes me want to say FRAYDO is Mafia, but his roles in taking down Mojoman and KY are pretty solid. And the point is likely moot as he is almost certainly dead already.

DAY FOUR

Happy Mother's Day! As a first-time parent, I will be fairly busy all day. Therefore, I have sent out your PMs and started the day phase early. It will still be a normal hammertime, so consider this an extension.

FRAYDO was killed last night! He was Ranpo Edogawa and Town, with the abilities Glasses and Superdeduction.

A member of the Armed Detective Agency. He is known as one of the best detectives out there, despite not being an ability user.

image.png.f6dbea4500350573e6616e2375d5a9c7.png

@Category 5 Hurricane @OrangeP47 I'd like to know both sides input last night and who your firm suggestion as scum is.

As for me I'm at a lost here:

Cat5 did kill Shade... And for what reason? As Shade is town, removing a highly needed number for town to win, he isn't looking good. But he has also called out Mojo and KY, however I know Cat5 is a busy man, and is barely able to contribute, but his plan did sound sensible.

Orange was confirmed town, but it could also mean that he is still scum, someone who has his alignment hidden, and its true that he has only been following the votes and the clues to suspect scum. FRAYDOs report maybe wrong or true, but to my knowledge Orange is the only one I haven't checked out for myself so I can't believe just yet if he is actually scum.

Coming back to me, I have been giving results truthfully and nailed Mojo to the grave on D2. Though we all were wrong to assume that he was Mastermind until KY was lynched. I won't take credit for that one.

Last but not least last night I did check Cat5 and he didn't visit anyone last night, as to my knowledge

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

If Cat 5 didn't go anywhere, and I stole Cat 5's ability (he can confirm this), then it's you.

Like holy shit, I'm the only one who can be confirmed here, unless Cat 5 lies, in which case it's him.