[GAME OVER] CYOR V (Anniversary Edition)

Jeod

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Also, don't think I haven't noticed that you haven't answered what your ability is yet.

It's a self protective action. Needless to say, I don't have a good reason to go into details in public.

Ah, yes, that's right. I remember you saying that before. However, do you not have a second role?

Nope, I got stuck with a role that can only protect itself. Which is a highly entertaining role to get stuck with I can assure you.

So, if, say, Orange were to take your action from you and he were third party, how bad would that be?

In theory, I might lose my protective ability so Scum could actually kill me. Or I might not, I have countermeasures against someone stealing my abilities built into my role.

Which basically, I have multiple abilities that are directly connected to each other and work in combination. Some of them involve avoiding some rather negative effects, since they counterbalance each other out.

Ok, I don't need any more details. I was more worried about what it would mean for the TP player if a TP stole your action rather than how it would effect you personally.

They'd have to target me multiple times before they could possibly do anything.

3 hours ago, Louis said:

Hmmm how bout nooo

Thinking on it more, I realized I was making a mistake about the argument that players created the items. I thought that it would make sense if Protect & Serve meant protecting the target while also serving food, before I remembered that we know Retaliation targeted Orange N1, not iLTS. I was also suspecting that you created the tape, and that Shade created the Time stone for himself, but I never found an answer for the Watermelon...

@FRAYDO I hope you come in here and give some insight while I'm asleep, because I'm trying to brainstorm a plan for the night phase. I'm pretty sure I need you to investigate me, but I also need to prevent my action getting to a TP, which would require Louis contribute to the plan...unless you are absolutely certain Orange is town.

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I completely forgot about that, and that's particularly pertinent since FRAYDO claims that was guaranteed accurate. However, Orange is the only player demonstrated to have to have the ability to take an ability or item from someone else, such as glasses. Weird.

Yeah I may have misspoke at some point and made things unclear, but I can't take items, just abilities.

It's entirely possible the game just ends at the end of the day, and this slow role is anti-climatic. :raise:

That said, there's not really much I can do to prove I'm town, though it actually sounds like maybe I *should* visit Shade in case he actually is the TP in case his protection is lynchproof too.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Game will not be ending at hammer.

I'd go with my standard "You could get hit with a meteor", but the only ever recorded instance of that happening not only was non-fatal, but the person wasn't even injured.

57 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'd go with my standard "You could get hit with a meteor", but the only ever recorded instance of that happening not only was non-fatal, but the person wasn't even injured.

There's a first time for everything!

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

@FRAYDO I hope you come in here and give some insight while I'm asleep, because I'm trying to brainstorm a plan for the night phase. I'm pretty sure I need you to investigate me, but I also need to prevent my action getting to a TP, which would require Louis contribute to the plan...unless you are absolutely certain Orange is town.

What's the plan

Just now, Louis said:

Okay...?

For one thing, we should spread out who's visiting who a bit, so we can't say have two players target the TP, only to run into a landmine killing all of them in a single phase.

Unless you already have some form of protection from dieing during the night phase. In which case you should target Category 5.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

For one thing, we should spread out who's visiting who a bit, so we can't say have two players target the TP, only to run into a landmine killing all of them in a single phase.

Unless you already have some form of protection from dieing during the night phase. In which case you should target Category 5.

I have a passive that protects me from any harmful actions at night, it's a risk I guess to target Cat5

Or maybe Category 5's daykill can target multiple players if they visit him during the night phase, so you might also need to watch out for that.

First ability is a radar lock for visiting him, and then a daykill to finish them off. That's one way Category 5 could be a TP trying to win the game.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Or maybe Category 5's daykill can target multiple players if they visit him during the night phase, so you might also need to watch out for that.

First ability is a radar lock for visiting him, and then a daykill to finish them off. That's one way Category 5 could be a TP trying to win the game.

I have a day ability that let's me disable and disarm a players day ability permanently if things get worse

Just now, Louis said:

I have a day ability that let's me disable and disarm a players day ability permanently if things get worse

Well then, that sounds like you're the hero we need.

I also find it interesting that we have three different players that can stop day actions.