[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Come on Cat5. How is that not implying "Oh, just let something bad to you and we kill Shade." If I were town, why would I want something bad to happen two town?

He barely said anything to you that should have been alarming to a town player.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

How do you know he's town?

In the context of your arguments it seemed you're assuming he's town. That's why my response is "assuming" he's town.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

He barely said anything to you that should have been alarming to a town player.

In your opinion only.

Ok. So why is a "test of character" threatening to you?

Because it's coming from Shade. I can't recall the last time a D1/N1/D2 gambit from Shade wasn't potentially dangerous.

A "test of character" also implies testing a person's flavor/character. I have no qualms about mine being revealed (I'm pretty sure I've revealed it anyways with my action), but just a reveal of who/what your role is doesn't seem that useful. So why would Shade try to build it up, make it public, etc? I feel there's more to it.

I'm interested to hear what leads you to put Orange on that list.

I find him suspicious for much the same reasons you do. He's quick to jump around on how he says he sees Shade. It's not enough to determine his alignment, but it's still suspicious.

As for you, you also seem quick to "assume" Shade is town for performing that gambit but that he also would/should be lynched if his gambit caused town to die. To me that says you believe he may be town because he tried a gambit, but he probably is scum if his gambit kills town? That's not how you judge gambits. They're called gambits for a reason.

I don't think there's a Cat5/Orange scum team, but I'm still suspicious of you both. One of you could be scum.

And Shade is Shade. I tested the waters by saying I need to know more about his gambit (knowing that I have an escape route) to see what he'd say. He's not as high on my scum list as either of you, but he's still somebody I'm gonna keep an eye on.

You're still assuming that I think Shade would wind up killing his target. I doubted that, though I did believe it was possible that there would be a negative effect. I viewed it as more likely to be an investigative effect, which would more or less be deadly to someone who isn't town. Which is why I'd expect someone who isn't town to do anything to get out of the way.

Frankly, I think it's all a clever bluff, because he didn't state that it was a night action until it drew out a day action use. He was being careful to reveal much about what his role was, while most of what he said would be most threatening to scum players. He might not have anything of the sort, but it still scared you.

You're still assuming that I think Shade would wind up killing his target. I doubted that, though I did believe it was possible that there would be a negative effect. I viewed it as more likely to be an investigative effect, which would more or less be deadly to someone who isn't town. Which is why I'd expect someone who isn't town to do anything to get out of the way.

That's where we differ. I can recall a gambit of his (though I don't remember the game) where I think he made a vague claim about what he could do and then he just shot somebody. I don't trust Shade in a gambit, especially when I'm the target. We can agree to disagree there, but that's my position.

8 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I find him suspicious for much the same reasons you do. He's quick to jump around on how he says he sees Shade. It's not enough to determine his alignment, but it's still suspicious.

That's a paper thin reasoning you have there, just piggy backing off the argument that's been made for you. Why would you reference my argument when you also don't trust me?

Are you sure you didn't just slap his name in there to try to distance yourself from him?

That's a paper thin reasoning you have there, just piggy backing off the argument that's been made for you. Why would you reference my argument when you also don't trust me?

Are you sure you didn't just slap his name in there to try to distance yourself from him?

Now you're just tunneling. Do you want me to just rephrase everything you've said so I don't "plagiarize" you? I've been watching and he is suspicious for how he is kind of backing Shade but also kind of calling him suspicious. I guess I can't have that suspicion since you've already stated it.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Now you're just tunneling. Do you want me to just rephrase everything you've said so I don't "plagiarize" you? I've been watching and he is suspicious for how he is kind of backing Shade but also kind of calling him suspicious. I guess I can't have that suspicion since you've already stated it.

Perhaps I am. Luckily for you, we can't even consider doing anything about you right now. Anything more will have to wait for whatever transpires N1. Having D1 discussion actually come up with something meaningful is kinda nice.

Perhaps I am. Luckily for you, we can't even consider doing anything about you right now. Anything more will have to wait for whatever transpires N1. Having D1 discussion actually come up with something meaningful is kinda nice.

Agreed, I hate D1 where it's just memeing. I do think we have fallen into the pattern of first half is just memes and shitposting, then something happens and the latter half has some actual discussion.

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Will you make up your mind whether you find Shade suspicious or not?

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

YES. Shade drawing out a suspicious response from iLTS is kind of the whole basis for me trusting him.

I'm going to address the later posts later, but this is the crux of the issue.

Shade being town =/= Shade being smart.  You equating these things reflects badly upon YOU.

Catagorically, at this moment, I'm not suspicious of Shade, however, I'm saying he's not playing optimal.  Normally you're smart enough to understand this argument, especially as I make it every damn game, and the fact that you are having so much trouble with it is really making you suspicious.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Why do you think iLTS has a triggered day immunity ability?

I already answered that, basically.  But I'm saying two wrongs don't make a right and we shouldn't reward this bad behavior. I mean, good that we have someone acting openly suspicious, but you should be careful about continuing to fish.

18 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I already answered that, basically.  But I'm saying two wrongs don't make a right and we shouldn't reward this bad behavior. I mean, good that we have someone acting openly suspicious, but you should be careful about continuing to fish.

So, is that your defense? Because iLTS literally only has his own actions to blame for this situation.