[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

Ok. So, the game just started. For the most part, the only thing any player knows is what their own role is, and which alignment they are. You should have checked your PMs to see that info. Everyone who is playing belongs to one of four possible alignments, Town (Good guys), Mafia (Bad guys), Third Party (Alternate Bad Guys who hate everyone), or Neutral (Matters to nobody). If you aren't Town, you have say which alignment you are immediately.

Right now we're in Day 1. At this point we have to decide which player we want to remove from the game (called a lynch). We vote on this, and "No Lynch" is a possible option. If you are Town, you are looking to lynch Mafia or Third Party. If you are Mafia, you want to lynch Town or Third Party. If you are Neutral, you just want to stay alive.

If you want to vote for a player, post

##vote <player name or no lynch> 

If your role has a day action, you may consider using it during this phase, but beware, day actions are usually limited is uses, so check your role PM for details. How you use any action should be detailed in your PM.

We have that rule so that if someone "slips" and says something incriminating, they can't clean it up by editing the post.

Other important rules are "Don't directly quote anything that the GM (Jeod in this game) sends you" and "If you are dead, you can no longer post in this thread" and "Don't talk about this game outside of this thread"

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

Mojoman fires an ubercharge at OrangeP47!

raw

OrangeP47 is now lynchproof and cannot be lynched today!

Okay that wasn't what I was expected, but I'm not going to complain, not that I think I was in any real danger or anything.

4 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I guess Jeod could be trying to explain what lynchproof means for newer players.

I'm leaning toward it specifying that Orange is now lynchproof until something happens with that ability, and because of that he can't be lynched today.

That would also make more sense for why Mojoman went ahead and used it already, instead of risking himself dieing to something.

12 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Sorry, been busy this morning (Water pipe burst at my brother's apartment).  I'll say my PM hasn't been updated or anything so I literally know nothing more than the rest of you.

Which raises the question of why use the ability now then, if it doesn't have any long term effects past today?

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Which raises the question of why use the ability now then, if it doesn't have any long term effects past today?

Did Mojo explain what exactly supercharge was supposed to do? Was this always going to be the outcome? It's possible my existing role can't be super charged further so all I got was lynchproof.  Note, I'm not saying my role is already uber strong or anything, just that it doesn't particularly lend itself well to being amplified.

9 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Did Mojo explain what exactly supercharge was supposed to do? Was this always going to be the outcome? It's possible my existing role can't be super charged further so all I got was lynchproof.  Note, I'm not saying my role is already uber strong or anything, just that it doesn't particularly lend itself well to being amplified.

That's probably the least sinister scenario, in which Mojoman is unaware of what buff he'll give his target with the action.

Although imagine a neutral role giving out lynchproof...

Based on the action, I can think of one role that is very likely for mojoman to have. I would suspect his willingness to use that action means it is re-usable each day (or maybe every other day).

Not enough to go off of obviously, but I could see that action being useful for both town and mafia.