[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia II: Dark Night

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Pin on anime

Figure out the truth you say?

Also, I regret not being a Radar Tower so I could use this gif.

TBH it's something I should say to you as well, with your grandiose leaps of logic at times :p  Though that is not exactly the issue at hand here.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Well that's a black and white way of looking at it. In your mind, there seems like only one kind of work to do?

I wouldn't say "one kind of work".  Indeed, there's several tools I tout as being great ways to scumhunt.  However, there are also ways to scumhunt incorrectly.  Building a case using too many assumptions without verifying any of your assumptions is one of them.  Sure, when you have nothing better, you can go with such a case, but when you have something better, you should not.  If you want it explained simply, "Chasing wild fantasy is generally a bad idea".  Why do you think I argue with Shade so much.

It's like the scene in Star Trek 6.  They correctly conclude the torpedo that disabled the Klingon Chancellor's ship did not come from the Enterprise, but was fired by a cloaked vessel underneath them.  But you know what they did before coming to that conclusion?  They actually counted how many torpedoes on board to make sure they didn't fire it, as it first appeared, and only came to that conclusion after verifying every torpedo was accounted for.  Generally Spock's famous quote afterwards is used to support the idea that sometimes some strange batshit things happen sometimes, but actually they did their *due diligence* in making sure the mundane was not happening first before jumping to that conclusion.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

It's like the scene in Star Trek 6.  They correctly conclude the torpedo that disabled the Klingon Chancellor's ship did not come from the Enterprise, but was fired by a cloaked vessel underneath them.  But you know what they did before coming to that conclusion?  They actually counted how many torpedoes on board to make sure they didn't fire it, as it first appeared, and only came to that conclusion after verifying every torpedo was accounted for.  Generally Spock's famous quote afterwards is used to support the idea that sometimes some strange batshit things happen sometimes, but actually they did their *due diligence* in making sure the mundane was not happening first before jumping to that conclusion.

Ngl. I’m very impressed you could pull up a Star Trek episode to get your point across. Makes me want to sit down and marathon it sometime.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

Ngl. I’m very impressed you could pull up a Star Trek episode to get your point across. Makes me want to sit down and marathon it sometime.

It's one of the original movies, The Undiscovered Country, generally considered one of the best.  Before I seriously slacked off on the GMing game I was designing a Mafia around it.

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

It's from one of the movies, actually. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, one of the best Star Trek movies. (Currently my fourth favorite, for those keeping score).

If you want to get into it, they're a good place to start. Specifically, in this order: Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country.

Also, avoid The Motion Picture, The Final Frontier, and Nemesis. Like the plague.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It's one of the original movies, The Undiscovered Country, generally considered one of the best.  Before I seriously slacked off on the GMing game I was designing a Mafia around it.

Be careful, you might be tempted to design a 5 or 6-sided mafia game based on Three Houses by the time you're done with that.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Be careful, you might be tempted to design a 5 or 6-sided mafia game based on Three Houses by the time you're done with that.

I technically have a "2 faction Mafia English Civil War" mafia idea floating around too.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

It's from one of the movies, actually. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, one of the best Star Trek movies. (Currently my fourth favorite, for those keeping score).

If you want to get into it, they're a good place to start. Specifically, in this order: Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country.

Also, avoid The Motion Picture, The Final Frontier, and Nemesis. Like the plague.

You forgot to mention the new ones as being the worst ones though. :v

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

If I don’t get the Black Eagles/Adrestian Empire I’m throwing.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

You forgot to mention the new ones as being the worst ones though. :v

Oh boy, I'm about to make myself public enemy number one here...

I actually rather enjoy the Kelvin Trilogy. It's kinda dumb at times, sure (especially Into Darkness), but I still have a lot of fun with them.

Just now, Killing_You said:

I actually rather enjoy the Kelvin Trilogy. It's kinda dumb at times, sure (especially Into Darkness), but I still have a lot of fun with them.

Yeah, it's a dumb action movie with lots of explosions and fight scenes, but still really dumb.

3 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

*makes note to scum mason KY next time I'm a scum mason*

@Killing_You, yeah, it might be a fun movie to watch, but there's no real substance or plot to it, or anything to make it a memorable or good movie to watch or something that you'd even really bother remembering what happens in it.

The only selling point it has is it's action scenes, but that doesn't make a good movie by itself.

Just now, Shade939 said:

@Killing_You, yeah, it might be a fun movie to watch, but there's no real substance or plot to it, or anything to make it a memorable or good movie to watch or something that you'd even really bother remembering what happens in it.

The only selling point it has is it's action scenes, but that doesn't make a good movie by itself.

Have you watched all three of the new movies or is this more complaining about things you haven't watched?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yes, I read your other reminder that it's not a good movie. I'll remember to force myself not to enjoy it :v 

In all seriousness, while I acknowledge that it's not good, I do feel that there are some legitimately good parts to it. There's some attempts at a commentary on post-911 attitudes, and the movie does get better if you see it through that lens. More importantly, I will defend the overall character arc for Kirk in the Kelvin Trilogy, even if most of the development is in 2009 and Beyond.