[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I can think of 3 ways to make a bus driver work in the context of dune. Just off the top of my head.

It would be fun to be a Carryall, but I think we're limited to being humans. :p

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Also, that might very well answer my question about what ability Category 5 is using.

But not why he thinks he'd need to keep it hidden.

Not everyone thinks it's engaging mafia to use their flavor as a weapon mr light infantry.

NIGHT THREE

zrIPRA9.jpg

As the day draws to a close, you realize that you must reach a resolution on the vote to execute Category 5 Hurricane or TheIrishman. After flipping a coin...

You decide to execute TheIrishman under suspicion of being a Harkonnen spy. After a quick search of his belongings...

You find that he was Hadan McKinley, an Atreides Engineer!

The first Atreides casualty is by your own hand. You retire for the night, barely able to carry this weight...

Day Four begins in 24 hours.

FINAL VOTE COUNT

PLAYER VOTE
Jeod  
Category 5 Hurricane Shade939
Shade939 Category 5 Hurricane
FRAYDO TheIrishMan
ChopBam  
Retaliation TheIrishman
Louis Category 5 Hurricane
TheIrishMan  

Lead vote: TIED- TheIrishman/Category 5 Hurricane (2)

I would like to hold a moment of silence for Louis, in honor of our brave Town Jailer who was a vital component of Town's success so far, but was cruelly cut down during this night phase due to an inability to role block Category 5.

Huh. I practically ignored the thread because I was confident Irish was scum and liked seeing Shade and Category 5 hash it out.

22 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Oh, I thought tomorrow was hammer. Fuck.

RcTnk99 - Twitch

Unfortunate.

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

I would like to hold a moment of silence for Louis, in honor of our brave Town Jailer who was a vital component of Town's success so far, but was cruelly cut down during this night phase due to an inability to role block Category 5.

Predicting tonight's death, are we?

5 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Huh. I practically ignored the thread because I was confident Irish Jeod was scum and liked seeing Shade and Category 5 Jeod hash it out.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.J8XvPau4FgECxGOzcbtvEgHaEQ%26pid%3DApi&f=1

47 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I was kind of okay leaving this to RNG. Honestly the result surprises me slightly.

8 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Huh. I practically ignored the thread because I was confident Irish was scum and liked seeing Shade and Category 5 hash it out.

RcTnk99 - Twitch

Unfortunate.

33 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Oh, I thought tomorrow was hammer. Fuck.

I know I was dumb for missing hammer, but y'all except [redacted] were even dumber. Good luck.

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

A description or a prescription, you think? 

Yes. No. Maybe. Either way, I don't like the tone of it.

21 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Very well, since Category 5 said his ability has a one night cool down, can I propose a simple test then, based on the assumption there are not three mafia now?

Shall we lynch Irish, see if that'll end the game, and if not @ Louis will role block Category 5 so he couldn't convert anyone?

This seems like a solid plan to me, given how today turned out. Irish was lynched and now Shade can proceed with his test.

21 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Oh yeah, and if Category 5 is a bus driver, his ability should happen before Louis's action so he can role block me instead!

'course, Shade also believes this could happen too! If the cooldown claim is true, Category 5 should not be able to do that! How can this night possibly go wrong?

3 hours ago, Shade939 said:

And yet, Shade is already posting a eulogy noting an inability to role block Category 5. In what way would this be possible?

On 5/13/2022 at 11:54 AM, Shade939 said:

So, looking at Jeod's role he's set up where he has several items he can activate to directly counter Town roles in game, this is because we know how items work, and we know what a one time passive ability would have to be used to do.

And the Hunter Killer would have been the item set up to directly get around Louis's roleblock.

Which then leaves the Technology Scrambler, and the only remaining Town role it should counter, which sounds like Irish instead of Category 5's ability?

In light of your uncanny knowledge of these items and how they apparently fit into the picture here, have we not determined that Jeod died with those two items?

On this topic too, there was that potential slip of a third item from Shade. What if that's the item Mafia needs to succeed tonight? The item that may or may not be in Shade's possession.

All of this is very curious.

https://c.tenor.com/dj9pddUEV0kAAAAd/anime-chibi.gif

@ Louis it's up to you it seems! No pressure at all! You just need to make the right decision!

58 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I know I was dumb for missing hammer, but y'all except [redacted] were even dumber. Good luck.

52ru9g.png

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Sorry I haven't gotten any shitposts in most of the game.

You haven't! We're behind schedule!

EWhVuQHXsAYruEf.png

Ok, now I know what's happening here. I'll explain it once, and this'll be my entire contribution for the rest of this game, other than voting Category 5.

To point out something obvious, but since Mafia had a bus driver they knew how to get an easy day one lynch by switching out the targets with a Mafia member. Either Mafia is targeted, and the Town role doesn't know they hit the wrong target and hard accuse them, or the action  is moved from a Mafia player to a Town player instead, and they have to come out and claim what happened if it was a role block, or a Cop does something like think a Mafia role is a Town role instead.

This is in part, because of how players are eliminated in game, and how it can end during a night phase when mafia can perform the NK, or during a day phase when Town has control of the vote. Mafia want it to end during the night phase, when Town doesn't have control of the kill, and the maximum number of Town players will be alive to be considered for the day lynch.

@ Louis , Category 5 is going to use his bus driver ability before you can role block him, that means that if he can target himself, you have minuscule odds of being capable of targeting him by targeting whoever Category 5 decides to swap his position with, this is anyone in the entire game including yourself. But he can also simply, not swap with anyone, in which case you have to target him directly. But you don't know that, so you're going to target Category5 and if you're lucky, KY didn't let Category 5 self target.

5 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Thanks Shade for your vote of confidence, quite honestly I thought an Irish lynch was a mistake. Who ever I choose tonight, I won't be able to tell if I die. Let's hope as town's last helpful member survives the night.

11 hours ago, Shade939 said:

7 hours ago, Shade939 said:

@ Louis , Category 5 is going to use his bus driver ability before you can role block him, that means that if he can target himself, you have minuscule odds of being capable of targeting him by targeting whoever Category 5 decides to swap his position with, this is anyone in the entire game including yourself. But he can also simply, not swap with anyone, in which case you have to target him directly. But you don't know that, so you're going to target Category5 and if you're lucky, KY didn't let Category 5 self target.

I'm sorry, but what? I'm supposed to be doing the NK, afterall, right? Why are you concerned I might bus around some targets? You've spent a lot of time up until now coming up with all manner of alternate theories about what I can do (even though I've frankly already told you nearly every aspect), but now you're warning Louis that I might swap her targets?

Also up until now, you've claimed there can't be duplicate items, and you've labeled an item Jeod was holding to be a way to bypass a jailor as your reasoning for why Retaliation couldn't have broken through her jailing action.

ALSO up until now, you've been using the fact that I didn't swap anyone on N2 to try to say that I couldn't use the role because I needed to do the NK instead. Suddenly, the swap is the only thing you are worried about, which if you are scum is absolutely something you should be worried about, as I can prove my role and reveal you by swapping her and you.

So, with that in mind...if you are actually town...

Shouldn't you be telling her to be block me to make sure I don't kill her?

DAY FOUR

W2MN1VQ.jpg

You awaken the next day, with feelings of guilt over executing Hadan. Wondering if Bifar was truly a lone wolf, you make a grim discovery that proves otherwise.

Louis, as Thudor Brolin, has been murdered! She was an Atreides Levenbrech!

Your resolve strengthened, you realize that there must be another agent amongst you! You must bring them to justice, for the honor of Thudor and the late Duke Rogal Atreides!

Day Four ends in 48 hours.

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT: Shade939 has broken the rules by attempting to use flavor details as a test (a form of encryption under the standard Mafia rules). As such, he will have a penalty vote today.

14 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I realize Louis can't quite explain why they detained me, much less confirm if they made the choice to do this. However, this is how I spent last night if that wasn't already clear.

15 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Instant regret for accidentally giving away what I was going to do.

When did you accidentally give away that you were switching Louis' target to FRAYDO?