Dog Run Animations

Jerad2142

Pretty cool man, I tried to do some animations for a simple chickens and that was beyond me lol.. Nice stuff :)

That was my fault, I told you to name it CK, but turns out you can only have a single letter IE: H_R_Human instead of H_CK_Human.

This does mean we're limited to 36 Skeletons, a few more if it also accepts special characters.

Pretty cool man, I tried to do some animations for a simple chickens and that was beyond me lol.. Nice stuff :)

That was my fault, I told you to name it CK, but turns out you can only have a single letter IE: H_R_Human instead of H_CK_Human.

This does mean we're limited to 36 Skeletons, a few more if it also accepts special characters.

Yeah it worked but only backwards and forward anims.. Shall try it again sometime.. So I'm guessing this dog does not have idle/jump animations. I think the forward animation is good perhaps a bit more movement in the spine as suggested

Yeah it worked but only backwards and forward anims.. Shall try it again sometime.. So I'm guessing this dog does not have idle/jump animations. I think the forward animation is good perhaps a bit more movement in the spine as suggested

Well try my hand at it. Idle, damage, death, jump, land animations I do last because they're the easiest and least stressing to do lol.

Great work! And honestly, I lol'd a bit when the dog jumped. ^^'

That dog is doing some things from nightmares right now lol. I've seen it twist up into some sort of ball a few times, and the gun recoil seems to stretch the middle of the body out right now lol.

The purpose of the jump was of course to hold spacebar so the dog would run slower (but it lagged so I had to do it again).

One thing: it looks like a metal rod was driven into the spine, as it is stiff. Perhaps just make it curve back and forth as it moves?

I have never had a dog myself, if you can find a video that happens to catch a dog running (ideally from the top view) it would help me immensely, otherwise if I make what I think looks right everyone else will be left throwing up lol.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

Dude you have to post this at APB or I will shit my pants.

I avoid APB as they don't like me much, if I posted anything there they'd just assume I was gloating. However if you want to post the Renegade and AR will soon have dogs go for it.

I like those slow-motion parkour doggy vids too:

You can study a lot of different movements and jumps from those.

Your right, that will help a lot with the jump animation, but the animation still isn't going to be as detailed as I tried to make the running and walk animations.

When that guy was jumping across those logs I was waiting for him to miss and rack himself (3:00).

So we are limited to only alphabetical or can we use numbers and symbols too? just curious

Example : H_O_Human , H_2_Human , H_&_Human :)

Edited by Mauler

So we are limited to only alphabetical or can we use numbers and symbols too? just curious

Example : H_O_Human , H_2_Human , H_&_Human :)

I suspect numbers will work, and its possible symbols would too (if it treats it like ascii I'd see no reason why not). However, I feel I must correct you on the use of the word "Limited" as in renegade's ~15 year life I have (to my knowledge) been the only one to make character animation sets that made it all the way into game, and this will be my fifth putting us at 8 of the 26 possibilities used (more if it supports numbers and symbols).

List of all animation sets:

A - Male

B - Female

C - Special mutant Set

D - Deer

K - Cats (K for kitten)

M - Moose (just a blown up and simplified version of the deer)

P - Dog (WIP (Obviously) (P for puppy))

U - Bears (U for Ursidae)

If you do make a set for the chicken, I suggest you use R for rooster, as I can see the possibility of someone using H for Horse some day (guess they could use E for equine too though).

The Attack Dogs are basically a go now, for any Ren game mod that gets your permission.

Well they might also need to either buy this model or make their own, the license I got it under allows me to use it in any of my projects as long as I don't make a profit, but I feel like sharing the 3d model to everyone (for their own mod use) is a bit sketchy. However, the animations will be for sure, and if they want to pay 20 bucks so will the dog, otherwise they just have to make their own dog model and rig it to my skeleton and they're set.

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/574621

As you can see its a Royalty Free License, which from my reading I meet all the requirements needed to allow me to put it in my own works and share it as long as I don't make money or distribute it for everyone's use.

i wanna use that dog to stick some C4´s on some tanks lol dog rush ftw :D

Was it the Germans that trained dogs to hide under tanks (strapped with bombs) or a different country.

The soviets used them. Germans too probably.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog

Haha, just how I remember being told about it:

Another serious training mistake was revealed later; the Soviets used their own diesel-engine tanks to train the dogs rather than German tanks which had gasoline engines. As the dogs relied on their acute sense of smell, the dogs sought out familiar Soviet tanks instead of strange-smelling German tanks.