Additional units in APB?

des1206

Eh, the idea I had was that you just use the beacon to summon the bots to a location where you think they'd be useful, and the bots basically just stay there and shoot whatever comes into range. No need to put in pathing orders, just have them sit there more or less. That's doable, right?

Just throwing out ideas...not saying I'm clamoring to have this feature added to APB, but if we want to see the Chronotank and/or Badger added in, this might be a way to do it.

You'd still need some form of pathfind generation similar to how I described it.

But yeah, it's good to talk about ideas, so you can learn if it is worth pushing forward or not.

Maybe I should make a list of everything that's been mentioned and confirmed/turned down and why because holy shit I will never hear the end of ADD CRUISERS ADD CRUISERS ADD CRUISERS otherwise.

Actually screw that the "why" for everything pretty much boils down to "major dev is over and the team is basically just me and W3D's scripts boffins at this point, so aside from bugfixes and aow maps we're only adding more features if the effort:reward ratio is really good". :v

Maybe I should make a list of everything that's been mentioned and confirmed/turned down and why because holy shit I will never hear the end of ADD CRUISERS ADD CRUISERS ADD CRUISERS otherwise.

Actually screw that the "why" for everything pretty much boils down to "major dev is over and the team is basically just me and W3D's scripts boffins at this point, so aside from bugfixes and aow maps we're only adding more features if the effort:reward ratio is really good". :v

Oi, relax mate.

You know what you should do?

Add cruisers!

Oi, relax mate.

Add cruisers!

Dude! Thats the best idea I've heard all day! xD

He totally should!

(Insert generic please add dogs request to be denied here)

Edited by Isaac The Madd

Oi, relax mate.

Add cruisers!

Dude! Thats the best idea I've heard all day! xD

He totally should!

I even got a way to add them in (see first page).

We know you guys want certain RA1 units in, but please listen to Lead Devs. These guys work with the engine and game the most and know what can and can't be done, also what would and wouldn't work. Delta's balance currently is pretty damn fantastic and all of it's units fit their roles perfectly. Adding in a unit just because it's not there would mean redefining every role linked to it, which could result in horribly destroying the game balance.

As we have also stated before, APB isn't going to be going under any major changes here at W3D Hub.

Correct. That's one of the reasons AI cruiser turrets would not be a good idea, unless you just gave them no bullet drop which looks odd next to your own ones which do.

The only reason the Seamist "cruisers" are able to get around this is because their gun is forcibly elevated to a certain degree and they are placed at just the right distance from the base for the shells to fall on the base and nowhere else. If you did this with a movable cruiser the AI turret would just be useless unless you're parked at a very specific distance from your target.