[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game I

VERTi60

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate/play RA: APB-themed Mafia Forum Game?

• Yes, at least once a month
    • Yes, at least once in a two weeks
    • Yes, anytime (even weekly)
    • Probably not, but maybe sometimes (I'm not sure yet)
    • Never
    • I would prefer chat version only (fast game)

wow when i was a sleep i missed a lot.

especially regarding the convo between voe and ilts.

and to be honest i'm a bit unsure who to trust and who not in this convo.

but i agree with the idea that most likely either of them is scum or third party.

but i voe is scum i would say the second person is gencamo.

they really seem like they have some strange relation to each other at one point they are defending each other then they attack each other and then they defend each other again.

if gc really thinks voe is scum he would have kept his vote on him.

Thanks for not killing me and thanks in advance for never trying to do that again.

What I think is going on here is that Voe is entirely truthful. He's a town jailer and he jailed iLTS. I also think that the multiple claims iLTS has made are impossible.

We know that iLTS is an Engineer. We don't know which side.

iLTS Claims are as follows:

He attempted to visit Chaos.

He could have saved Chaos.

He was stopped from doing so.

He knows multiple people visited him.

He can visit people.

He did not create a custom role.

This combination of claims is impossible. If he is an Engineer (which we know), he can't target other players. If he is an Engineer (which we know), he cannot protect anyone, so he couldn't save Chaos. I also think it's impossible for him to be visited by others when locked up, though I'm not certain of that. It's not really important anyway. Well, it might matter later in regards to someone else's argument, but for the sake of focusing on one target at a time, I'm leaving that out.

So, looking at the standard Soviet Engineer, his claims are impossible.

However

If he was an Allied Engineer instead, we're getting closer to likely. The Allied Engineer can indeed visit people. Indeed, I would not be surprised if the actual order of events was iLTS placing C4 at Voe as an unstoppable kill, and then Chaos visited Voe and was killed. Suddenly the mystery of the odd targeting of a quiet player makes more sense.

He knew right away he was going to have to explain himself and tried to get a word in right away before whoever jailed him started ripping him apart, ignoring the shot at me. He's been on edge all day, and he tried to get ahead of it by inventing a claim that he gathered from the extended knowledge that scum teams get from each other as his last bet and probably got one to invent a claim to back him up. He either didn't know he painted himself into a corner, or did so intentionally so that he could get lynched quick to avoid others getting caught up in it.

I'll be back before hammer, but unless something magically stupid happens, I'm voting iLTS.

You're making the exact same mistake Voe is making. Why do I have to have the exact same role as what is on the standard quick mafia role chart? I might not have known about custom roles and didn't request one, doesn't mean Vertigo didn't give me one himself.
Camo claimed to have tracked me even though I was being interrogated. It doesn't make any mechanical sense that somebody couldn't perform any kind of tracking action on me while I was jailed. If you trust Voe, how could I possibly have planted C4 at him? He claims that he locked me up, which means I don't get an action. Voe has backed up my claim that I was unable to perform any actions. Camo has backed up my claim that I was tracked.
Also, why do you think it's scummy that I've "ignored" the shot Voe took at you? Isn't it scummier to be the one who actually took the shot? The only reasons you've listed to vote for me are ignoring posts made by Voe and Camo and they're very, very meta-gamey.

(OOC: If you all are attempting to base arguments on a game role, please remember one of the two major lessons from Allie29's "Back to Basics": Do not assume you know the moderator's mechanics. That game was spent arguing about "Guard Duty" when it didn't even matter, and we lost to a THIRD PARTY because of that.)

I'm not sure why you keep saying that image was made for another game. The image was first posted with these words around it.

Here is the first role sheet that will be used next game. As you can see, all units have one one-time-use killing action during battle (day) phase determined by two dice rolls and a special night action which has it's own frequency and total number of usages:

As you can see, this game now offers new concept of vehicles and vehicle infantry fighters - the Soviet RPG soldier and Allied Rocket Soldier.
These are the only infantry that can successfully destroy the vehicles during the Battle Phase, or damage them during the Plan Phase.

There's a couple things here you need to pay attention to. The first is where he says, "will be used in the next game". As in this game. He then describes, "this game now offers new concept [...] Soviet RPG Soldier". We can confirm there is/was a unit of this type in this game, because he's dead.

Is that not enough to confirm that the list was made for this game?

But wait! There is more!

The image itself has some clues to that "mystery". Next to battle phase actions, it says, "via Forum chat in game". That doesn't sound like chat mafia. Next to plan phase actions, it says, "via Private Messenger to Game Moderator". Definitely not chat mafia.

As far as whether or not you have a custom role that VERTi60 assigned to you? Yeah, you might. But I don't think you do. I believe custom roles are for units not listed. They'd receive a new name. I could be wrong, I freely admit.

I believe normally a jailed player cannot be acted on by anyone else, though that doesn't mean VERTi60 does it that way. If he did, Gencam's claim is impossible if we believe Voe. You have confirmed Voe's action, so we don't have to wonder about that. As far as placing C4, that depends on whether or not that is considered unblockable or not. It doesn't say it is, so I'm likely wrong about that. It's just a minor theory I'm throwing around.

Voe, I meant he placed a trap on you for the next person to visit you to get killed by. Seems like a good idea if scum were to expect a cop to investigate Voe right off the bat.

I have more to say, but I must leave for work now.

##vote iLikeToSnipe

I'm not sure why you keep saying that image was made for another game. The image was first posted with these words around it.

Here is the first role sheet that will be used next game. As you can see, all units have one one-time-use killing action during battle (day) phase determined by two dice rolls and a special night action which has it's own frequency and total number of usages:

As you can see, this game now offers new concept of vehicles and vehicle infantry fighters - the Soviet RPG soldier and Allied Rocket Soldier.

These are the only infantry that can successfully destroy the vehicles during the Battle Phase, or damage them during the Plan Phase.

There's a couple things here you need to pay attention to. The first is where he says, "will be used in the next game". As in this game. He then describes, "this game now offers new concept [...] Soviet RPG Soldier". We can confirm there is/was a unit of this type in this game, because he's dead.

Is that not enough to confirm that the list was made for this game?

But wait! There is more!

The image itself has some clues to that "mystery". Next to battle phase actions, it says, "via Forum chat in game". That doesn't sound like chat mafia. Next to plan phase actions, it says, "via Private Messenger to Game Moderator". Definitely not chat mafia.

As far as whether or not you have a custom role that VERTi60 assigned to you? Yeah, you might. But I don't think you do. I believe custom roles are for units not listed. They'd receive a new name. I could be wrong, I freely admit.

I believe normally a jailed player cannot be acted on by anyone else, though that doesn't mean VERTi60 does it that way. If he did, Gencam's claim is impossible if we believe Voe. You have confirmed Voe's action, so we don't have to wonder about that. As far as placing C4, that depends on whether or not that is considered unblockable or not. It doesn't say it is, so I'm likely wrong about that. It's just a minor theory I'm throwing around.

Voe, I meant he placed a trap on you for the next person to visit you to get killed by. Seems like a good idea if scum were to expect a cop to investigate Voe right off the bat.

I have more to say, but I must leave for work now.

##vote iLikeToSnipe

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted iLikeToSnipe to be lynched!

Time Left:

4 hours, 21 min, 43 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted iLikeToSnipe

FRAYDO voted nobody

Generalcamo voted iLikeToSnipe

iLikeToSnipe voted Voe

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted iLikeToSnipe

One Winged Angel voted nobody

triattack voted nobody

Voe voted iLikeToSnipe

5/9 votes casted so far

iLikeToSnipe has the most votes - 4

Gm announcement:

Regarding the meta arguments: The pic posted contains only casual roles which were used in previous games and are a source pool of characters that players can chose or will be assigned if they didn't chose for the next game. It doesn't mean that everything will be same for the sake of balance. Sometimes I do change things and sometimes I don't have to. Roles which worked before are usually not changed though, but sometimes I discover if something doesn't add up so I'll have to change it without going back announcing to everyone (just the person who had the role assigned).

What is also mentioned that in each game I'm hosting there's always custom roles and sometimes a mystery role, which are either modifications to existing ones, completely new units which are not used in every game, or even crazy roles if it fits the theme.

Gm announcement:

Regarding the meta arguments: The pic posted contains only casual roles which were used in previous games and are a source pool of characters that players can chose or will be assigned if they didn't chose for the next game. It doesn't mean that everything will be same for the sake of balance. Sometimes I do change things and sometimes I don't have to. Roles which worked before are usually not changed though, but sometimes I discover if something doesn't add up so I'll have to change it without going back announcing to everyone (just the person who had the role assigned).

What is also mentioned that in each game I'm hosting there's always custom roles and sometimes a mystery role, which are either modifications to existing ones, completely new units which are not used in every game, or even crazy roles if it fits the theme.

This doesn't mean anything. Vertigo pls.

Camo is a custom role no doubt. iLTS and I are both generic. It has already been established.

Time Left:

4 hours, 21 min, 43 sec

It may be too late by then, iLTS

I remain undecided on the vote.

:(

Well, I've made my case. I've used logic and reason while referencing factual posts. Voe and Co have relied almost entirely on the meta of previous roles. If you think that crappy meta trumps logic then your choice is clear.

I'll try checking in before hammer but doubt I can make it.

The thing that has also caused my suspicion is that you call out Voe and Cat5 for using the bullshit meta and arguments. Yet I do the same and I have not been called out on it in the same manner. Is it because I'm so far in the town zone? Am I untargetable? I'm pretty sure that a townie would have at least called me wrong and then stupid for keeping myself to my suspicions about you. Granted, I've not been pushing as hard as Voe, nor have I posted as much, but still.

Leaving me alone indicates that I'm not a possibile candidate to divert the lynch on. This has been bothering me for a while. Just thought I'd get it out there now. (So yes, I've not written down all of my suspicions in the thread. I only do so when necessary to not make myself too big of a nightkill target.)

(Although, to be fair, Verti's post does make me rethink the current situations at least a bit. Which may or may not influence the outcome of this day.)

If you'd made similar meta arguments I hadn't really noticed them as anything more than idle musings. All my time and attention has been on Voe and Camo.

Besides, meta is literally the only argument they're pushing.

About to go into a meeting. Might last longer than hammer and I'll be talking on my phone. See you all tonight or in the afterlife.

If you'd made similar meta arguments I hadn't really noticed them as anything more than idle musings. All my time and attention has been on Voe and Camo.

Besides, meta is literally the only argument they're pushing.

About to go into a meeting. Might last longer than hammer and I'll be talking on my phone. See you all tonight or in the afterlife.

Shhh, no tears, only dreams.

Time Left:

1 hours, 26 min, 44 sec

CVC:

FRAYDO voted nobody

iLikeToSnipe voted Voe

Mojoman voted nobody

triattack voted nobody

Voe voted iLikeToSnipe

5/9 votes casted so far

Time Left:

0 hours, 30 min, 0 sec

CVC:

FRAYDO voted nobody

iLikeToSnipe voted Voe

Mojoman voted nobody

triattack voted nobody

Voe voted iLikeToSnipe

5/9 votes casted so far

Kind of disappointed with town today. We almost certainly have three scum and we've really had just six active people today. So it looks like we've already lost. If we're lucky, I might be able to change that.

Camo, if you are town, sorry, but you really shouldn't make yourself a target on purpose during the first day. If you're scum, then I'm not sorry, but you really shouldn't hop onto bandwagons with flimsy reasons.

##shoot GeneralCamo

I hope we can turn this around and get two scum today. I'll be back in in an hour.

Kind of disappointed with town today. We almost certainly have three scum and we've really had just six active people today. So it looks like we've already lost. If we're lucky, I might be able to change that.

Camo, if you are town, sorry, but you really shouldn't make yourself a target on purpose during the first day. If you're scum, then I'm not sorry, but you really shouldn't hop onto bandwagons with flimsy reasons.

##shoot GeneralCamo

I hope we can turn this around and get two scum today. I'll be back in in an hour.

[battle Action] iLikeToSnipe is attempting to shoot Generalcamo - please STANDBY for result !

After reading through the thread again, I'm going to take a chance and agree with what Cat5 is saying. Although Voe has been really aggressive this round, iLTS has been really suspicious when parts of his role were revealed, but then he stated that he hadn't made a custom role. Either Vertigo has made a mystery role, or iLTS is scum. Either way, if we're wrong, that does implicate GenCamo and Voe I guess.

##Vote ILikeToSnipe

[battle Action Result - SUCCESS] iLikeToSnipe shoots and kills Generalcamo, the Soviet MCT!
mbMWn9s.jpg?1

After reading through the thread again, I'm going to take a chance and agree with what Cat5 is saying. Although Voe has been really aggressive this round, iLTS has been really suspicious when parts of his role were revealed, but then he stated that he hadn't made a custom role. Either Vertigo has made a mystery role, or iLTS is scum. Either way, if we're wrong, that does implicate GenCamo and Voe I guess.

##Vote ILikeToSnipe

[Vote Counted] One Winged Angel voted iLikeToSnipe to be lynched!

Time Left:
0 hours, 8 min, 0 sec
CVC:
FRAYDO voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted Voe
Mojoman voted nobody
One Winged Angel voted iLikeToSnipe
triattack voted nobody
Voe voted iLikeToSnipe
5/8 votes casted so far

post-14-1148300394.gif Lynch 2 Result

[Lynch Result] Players have decided that iLikeToSnipe is going to be lynched today!
iLikeToSnipe, the Allied Engineer, will not help the Allies anymore!
51dKkHO.jpg
It seems the suspicions were correct. Congratulations, you have lynched the first scum!
Don't slow now comrades, make the right decision tomorrow again, before more of our comrades are killed!

post-14-1148300394.gif NIGHT 2

3ZrLV6e.png

After the lynch, the night falls soon. The Outpost staff is getting ready to sleep and Allies are planning a night kill right now. If you have any Plan Actions you want to perform during the Night, please send them now via PM before next Day starts!

post-14-1148300394.gif Night Guidelines

During the Night - Plan Phase (24 hour duration), Allies will have to decide to kill a Soviet player. They must also decide who will make the kill. However, certain people in both the Allies and Soviets have special roles they can use during the night to kill, protect, disrupt, or gather information. Some roles carry a certain risk while others give a little more freedom. When the new Battle Phase begins, everyone will see who has died during the night and find out what side they were on and what role they had.

Plan/Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message (PM Forum Messenger, outside the chat), same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM at least 5 mins before the next Battle phase begins what you are doing with it, you do nothing that night. Talking in the chat during the plan phase will be restricted. This is because I won't have time to mod it since I'll be focusing on resolving the received actions (+5 extra mins for resolving). You can only chat in general, but no game-based stuff (accusations, plans, role claims, etc.). Players who won't comply might get role-blocked that phase.

Forum Posting is Limited - 2 posts per player max during night!!!

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

post-14-1148300394.gif Players alive/end day CVC

Time Left:
No time left
CVC:
FRAYDO voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
One Winged Angel voted iLikeToSnipe
triattack voted nobody
Voe voted iLikeToSnipe

Players have decided that iLikeToSnipe is going to be lynched today!

iLikeToSnipe, the Allied Engineer, will not help the Allies anymore!

51dKkHO.jpg

It seems the suspicions were correct. Congratulations, you have lynched the first scum!

Don't slow now comrades, make the right decision tomorrow again, before more of our comrades are killed!

awww-yeah.jpg