[GAME OVER]Back to Basics II: Classic APB Mafia

GeneralCamo

Turns out I suddenly have something tomorrow too... but that won't deter the start. I've decided to start this game 8 Hours Earlier than my original start time (13:00:00 GMT rather than 21:00:00 GMT) so this game starts at a reasonable time. Hammer time will remain at 21:00:00, which means that Day 1 will be 8 hours longer!

If you suddenly want to join this game, you have 2 hours from this post. Then I will close signups and start the PREGAME phase, where I assign roles and prepare our players for the D1 start tomorrow.

:soviet:DAY 1 :soviet:

n8ClhWg.png

It's a beautiful day on RA_Siege. The Soviets get up for their daily rations of Bread and Vodka every morning. It was looking like it was just going to be a normal day, but then, someone finds a body.
  • Engineer.gif COMRADE VODKA BREADINSKI (Example Corpse) HAS BEEN FOUND DEAD!
You realize this can be the work of none other than the ALLIED NATIONS! There are ALLIED SPIES lurking around this base! You must kill them all Comrades before they kill us!

Role Reference Sheet

Day Guidelines (Shamelessly stolen and butchered modified from VERTi60)

During the DAY PHASE (24-48 hour duration), everyone posts and tries to build cases against each other. While the Soviets are arguing to try and find the Allies, the Allies are trying to throw everyone off their trail.

The goal of the Day Phase is to find somebody for a Lynch.

People will vote for one person they want to be lynched and the person with the most votes will die at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:

##Vote PlayerName

If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

If a majority vote of 50%+1 is cast on one person, then they will be lynched right then and there, no need to wait for the end of the phase. When someone is lynched, everyone will find out their role and who they were aligned with.

Additional Rules (Shamelessly Stolen from VERTi60):

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No silliness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points without permission from your scummates.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and no one should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't like a player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod.
  • Don't edit your posts in the game thread.

Dead Players

• Engineer.gif Comrade Vodka Breadinski (Example Corpse)

CVC - Cumulative Vote Count 

Time Left:

2 day(s) , 7 hours, 0 min, 0 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

VERTi60 voted nobody

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Voe voted nobody

0/11 votes casted so far

No votes casted so far

Announcement: D1 will be longer (55 hours instead of 48) since we started early.

Time Left:

2 day(s) , 6 hours, 47 min, 24 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

VERTi60 voted nobody

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted for Voe

Killing You voted nobody

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Voe voted for Jeod

2/11 votes casted so far

Jeod and Voe are tied for a lynch.

Edited by GeneralCamo

Time Left:

2 day(s) , 6 hours, 39 min, 2 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

VERTi60 voted nobody

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted for Voe

Killing You voted nobody

Mojoman voted for VERTi60

Nodlied voted nobody

Voe voted for Jeod

3/11 votes casted so far

Jeod, Voe, and VERTi60 are tied for a lynch.

(Bold your votes by the way. I might not be able to catch it in the chaos of arguments otherwise)

Edited by GeneralCamo

I'm not going to do something silly like D1 vote for Voe...

Do something serious and lynch Jeod. Before he fucks up another game.

Are you afraid I'll easily find the scum again? Because I intend to easily find the scum again.

I'm not going to do something silly like D1 vote for Voe...

Do something serious and lynch Jeod. Before he fucks up another game.

Are you afraid I'll easily find the scum again? Because I intend to easily find the scum again.

That's what you do, but it ends up busing your teammates or being TP xD

##vote Jeod (for now)

Question for GM: Will we have forced voting?

Time Left:

2 day(s) , 6 hours, 25 min, 44 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

VERTi60 voted for Jeod

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted for Voe

Killing You voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Voe voted for Jeod

4/11 votes casted so far

Jeod has the majority for a lynch.

Question for GM: Will we have forced voting?

No forced voting in this game. Tie votes will be resolved as a "No Lynch" however, so be warned about that.

All three of you are town.

Explain?

I expected Voe to vote me right back. I feel like as a scum he'd wait for others to come to his defense first.

Mojoman put the spotlight on himself directly by saying he was implicitly not going to vote for Voe.

You took command of your vote by saying it was possibly temporary.

##unvote

The Spotlight Rule is so easy to use as a tool for scumhunting.

Time Left:

2 day(s) , 6 hours, 1 min, 32 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

VERTi60 voted for Jeod

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Voe voted for Jeod

3/11 votes casted so far

Jeod has the majority for a lynch.

All three of you are town.

Explain?

I expected Voe to vote me right back. I feel like as a scum he'd wait for others to come to his defense first.

Mojoman put the spotlight on himself directly by saying he was implicitly not going to vote for Voe.

You took command of your vote by saying it was possibly temporary.

##unvote

The Spotlight Rule is so easy to use as a tool for scumhunting.

Spotlight rule? That's more or less a meta rule rather than general rule (If it's a rule anyway).

Actually if we go by pure meta, you check previous games: Scum usually don't care much about spotlight. Even you yourself broke that rule.

Yes you are right about my temporary rule but right now I only have one other candidate which can also change :p

##vote Verti60

Oh that felt good.

##unvote

Welp, looks like we brexited the joke phase rather quickly. Time for scumhunting!

KY, I thought you learned something from previous game. This post is not remotely funny nor has any value. Makes you look scummy.

##unvote for now

Time Left:

2 day(s) , 5 hours, 55 min, 3 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

VERTi60 voted nobody

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Voe voted for Jeod

2/11 votes casted so far

Jeod and VERTi60 are tied for a lynch.

Edited by GeneralCamo

Actually, that was rather telling.

Regarding previous games, it's true that I and some other veterans don't care about the spotlight because we're confident enough to put a spin on it. However, there are still those who act on instinct and do their best to stay in the shadows until eyes are on someone else.

##vote Verti60

Oh that felt good.

##unvote

Welp, looks like we brexited the joke phase rather quickly. Time for scumhunting!

KY, I thought you learned something from previous game. This post is not remotely funny nor has any value. Makes you look scummy.

##unvote for now

>People do it en masse in Jeod Mafia, is fine cuz Verti is usually GM

>I do it for same reason, scumtell

k den

In all fairness, D1 is a tough scumhunt. I'd like to see what other people have to say.

##vote Verti60

Oh that felt good.

##unvote

##unvote for now

k den

In all fairness, D1 is a tough scumhunt. I'd like to see what other people have to say.

I'd planned to keep a journal of all of my thoughts throughout this game, D1 scumhunting included. If it goes well, then I'll release it.

Actually, that was rather telling.

Regarding previous games, it's true that I and some other veterans don't care about the spotlight because we're confident enough to put a spin on it. However, there are still those who act on instinct and do their best to stay in the shadows until eyes are on someone else.

Well the day just started, it's hard to tell if people are in shadows or just didn't had a chance to read the thread yet. You could tell when the day is over though.

##vote Verti60

Oh that felt good.

##unvote

##unvote for now

k den

What do you have to say? Any thoughts that could open some topics? It's indeed hard to go on scumhunt if you don't provide any points to discuss other than obvious observation content.

##vote Verti60

Oh that felt good.

##unvote

##unvote for now

k den

I'd planned to keep a journal of all of my thoughts throughout this game, D1 scumhunting included. If it goes well, then I'll release it.

Good idea, make it italic in your scum doc for easier reading :D

Last time I decided NOT to go with a revenge-driven crusade against Vert, he turned out to be a scum (see Nomination Mafia).

#NeverForget

##vote Vert

(On a serious note... I am serious. Might as well get some revenge while I can :p )

I'm town this time though. What makes you think I'll get to be scum again? If you seriously vote for revenge that's just scummy :p

Also what revenge? I didn't kill you or framed you or anything in Nomination Mafia. If anyone, voe should get revenge and I would agree on that one.

##vote Chaos_Knight

##vote RNGesus

The power of RNGesus made you vote for yourself!

Time Left:

2 day(s) , 5 hours, 38 min, 50 sec

CVC:

Chaos_Knight voted VERTi60

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted for FRAYDO

VERTi60 voted for Chaos_Knight

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody