[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

27 minutes ago, Voe said:

I can't tell you because if I lie about what I say then the truth is a lie or am I telling the truth whilst lying, so no point there really.

What the hell is THAT supposed to mean? You're not doing anyone any favors, particularly not yourself.

6 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

What a curious slip. Sure, a lot of us SUSPECT that might be the case, but there's evidence that it might not be the case like Vert straight up saying "Try again some other time maybe?".
So, KY. Do you know something interesting the rest of us are unaware of maybe?

In my head, he's either a Shinigami or N. If he's a Shinigami, reinvestigation would be pointless because we haven't found the Death Note and therefore cannot see Shinigami. If he's N (which his claims point to), then he won't come into play until much later after a certain spoiler happens. And again, reinvestigation would be pointless.

By the way, when I say "reinvestigation," I'm really saying "D2 investigation." Point is, if my line of thinking is correct, certain things needs to happen before we can try again without just getting the same result over and over.

4 minutes ago, Voe said:

fb4821a55878e400ce303c79cd0aff6a97bc6ac5

I give up trying to figure out your motives. Now I just want to see who you are.

L has to die before I become active

Good thing Near isn't my true name. But it's easily findable. In any case, investigating me first seems to have allowed Kira to discover who I am anyway thanks to the constant questioning.

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

OT: I really hate the new reply system, whole multi-quote thing just disappears if you click one reply to show, but keeps saving a a blank reply to one blank quote...

I am kinda used to it from Warframe forums tbh. You can just draw a selection within person's post and click on the appearing "Quote this" button. A bit awkward but works.
But yes, it's VERY annoying compared to the old system. The only thing I like about the upgrade is that no more auto-merging posts to mess up vote time. (*cough* *cough*)

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Reveal hidden contents

L has to die before I become active

Good thing Near isn't my true name. But it's easily findable. In any case, investigating me first seems to have allowed Kira to discover who I am anyway thanks to the constant questioning.

I would assume that your identity would have to be revealed ingame somehow before it becomes a valid method of killing you. Otherwise Kira would be able to kill you via google and possibly break the game.

Either way, you're in the clear.

7 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Well, L would have to die in a flavor text if what you are saying is true. Which I kinda doubt still but let's pretend for a moment that I believe you.
The thing is, didn't Vert say that he'll make 2 of the main chars unplayable and only appear in flavor texts? Lo and behold, L and Light are in the flavor texts.

Your whole situation smells kinda bad to me, not going to lie.

1 minute ago, Chaos_Knight said:

Well, L would have to die in a flavor text if what you are saying is true. Which I kinda doubt still but let's pretend for a moment that I believe you.
The thing is, didn't Vert say that he'll make 2 of the main chars unplayable and only appear in flavor texts? Lo and behold, L and Light are in the flavor texts.

Agreed.

Just now, Chaos_Knight said:

That's right. But the flavor texts are progressing the story. L has introduced himself to Light. A few episodes later, L dies by the Shinigami Rem's hands to save Misa Amane. However, as we don't know if those two roles exist in this game, are flavors, or will even be used at all, we can't tell when or how L will meet his end. The very fact that my role exists proves that L can die in this game, however.

Keep in mind that Light didn't kill L. It was Rem. Also, Verti did say that this would have variations from the source material to fit the game. It's not that outlandish, or at least, not more outlandish than him being a Shinigami. Those are the only two possibilities that I can see. If you guys have a third suspicion, go ahead and say it.

4 hours ago, Nodlied said:

But yes I'm not too happy with the lack of the BBcode feature and lack of pure code toggle that the previous version of the forum had.

You can highlight text, then do "quote this" actually. Discovered that by mistake a few days ago. Also can I claim the color Orange, it is my name after all? ;) (I actually don't care, but couldn't resist)

4 hours ago, Mojoman said:

So we ignore Jeod for today. No point voting for him or anything. Night actions would take care of him if he's a threat, but he clearly isn't right now.

No one mentioning that I gave Voe trust?

I mentioned it :p

I still think that Jeod is oddly concerned over having suspicion points directed at him, to the point of now saying we'll lose because of it.

Why will we lose because of Voe using up his proposal points on you?

This is Cat 5's post, formatting got messed up cause quoting across pages... I actually thought Jeod was relatively *unconcerned* at first, and now he just finds it a nuisance.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

This is Cat 5's post, formatting got messed up cause quoting across pages... I actually thought Jeod was relatively *unconcerned* at first, and now he just finds it a nuisance.

I wouldn't really call 

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

You're going to be the reason we lose this game.

"finding it a nuisance" tbh.

Oh, the formatting *didn't* get messed up... whatever...

Anywho, for some more substantial thoughts now.

While I'll agree Jeod has gotten a lot more suspicious in the past few hours, I also will stand firm that I think investigating him again is just going to waste our day vote. In reply to CK's post which I saw while typing this, I'd say Jeod's point there was more that Voe is flailing around, which moves me to my next point.

That said... Voe... I don't know him well I admit, but his play certainly is... "something". However, it's just too over the top. Suspicious, yes, but in a way that's almost like trying to draw our attention away from something else. If we're focused on him, we're less focused on other, possible more important matters. If this is intentional, I think Voe would be of the people we need on our list, but he's not the "prize" so to speak. If we have no better targets I guess we could go for an investigation, but I think it'd be more productive to investigate someone who's scummy yet a bit more subtle.

(For crying out loud, every time I try and post now there's Cat 5's post and I have to delete it...)

I suppose in other, perhaps more simple terms, when everyone else says 'this is in line with the usual meta' or something like that, I'm basically pointing out that I've not been here to experience that before. I'm giving some people the benefit of the doubt pretty hard (everyone really), but without the context of people's usual play styles everything is quite interesting. That provides the context for my musings.

For a tl;dr of the rest, I think you're suspicious Voe, but you're too suspicious. Your actions naturally are painting a target on you, regardless of people are aiming for it or not. If you were the 'big bad' you wouldn't do that, but you might be trying to distract from someone else.