[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

16 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I honestly don't know why things turned out the way they did, I'm still trying to piece it together.  Maybe someone was AFK and forgot to send the kill order, like FRAYDO. He's high on the suspicion list and has been absent a lot. There's a few scenarios I can see playing out, though all of it would just be conjecture.

AFK: yes.
Forget to send a kill order: can't forget to if I'm not scum

13 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Also cat5 claimed Austrian, which according to retal might be the warmongers from (but I'm not completely sold on that since he went after Orange hard yesterday and even before).

Good catch on the evidence, Retal. We have been fixated this whole time that all Serbians are the warmongers here, we seemed to have overlooked the claimed Austrians. This is however, assuming nationalities have always been a factor. Otherwise, we're chasing misleading information here.

10 hours ago, Killing You said:

-snip-

That's a noble deed, Killing_You. Putting yourself up for investigation when you have nothing to worry about. Did you come up with that in the scum doc?

I have the Spyglass and a piece of evidence. Both items came my way, and you will find these on me should I be investigated today. Interestingly enough, my status for today is Innocent.

I'm inclined to believe your neutral survivor story Killing_You, although that stops at having no night actions. Our D5 World Tension meter is currently at 46% and before that N4 World Tension was at 40%. The recent appearance of the target switcher and our current World Tension fit together well, wouldn't you say? With the target that has been on my back since my first investigation and your newfound ability, it's just too easy to pin this on me and set me up for a fall, and that's bs.

Clearly however, there's no reason to investigate you at this time. You made sure to have no incriminating evidence or items on your person and that's why you're comfortable putting yourself up for investigation. Town has nothing to gain on your investigation aside from what possible evidence you may have. Since I do now have the Spyglass in my possession, I can search you tonight for it while investigating someone today who is more suspicious.

##voteinvestigate Orange

13 hours ago, Killing You said:

I'm ready. Doubt it'll help my case, though, as it seems I'm once again being perma-labeled scum, and once again, I have nobody to blame but myself.

You guys are half-right when you say that I'm not town. That's because, technically, I'm not. I'm a neutral survivor, who simply has to stay alive or avoid being permanently detained in order to win.

NXya07F.gif

You are being a very aggressive player for one that is neutral. As a neutral, you should play a bit more quiet play, attack less and especially not act scummy.

That's the short version. The long version is this: I'm the younger brother of one of the assassins, who managed to evade arrest. That's why I had the grenade, my brother had given it to me so that I could use it to defend myself if I needed to. However, I made the decision to get rid of it because I felt like I didn't need it, as explained before. And yes, I did it to gain townie points as well, but not for the same reason you guys think.

This is the most ridiculous plot I've heard in a long time in mafia game. How much it took you guys to forge it in the scum doc? And as for the grenade, it's certainly not to protect anyone. But I'll get to that later.

I don't have any night actions, nor do I have any items at present. I was fully expecting for scum to pass me Cat5's Spyglass and try to get me investigated today so that they could claim I am the thief. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't, though, as being able to come out and say "I have your thing, you can have it back tonight" would have been helpful to everyone. Except scum, of course, but why be helpful to scum?

According to the Irish role chart, we have too many scum roles and the list of suspected players is getting shorter. Claiming a role with no abilities at this point doesn't add up, at least you would counter claim another guys role. Also right after you said your theory about spyglass, Fraydo comes in claiming he has it. It's way too fitting. Almost like, I tell this, then you tell this...

I apologize for my behavior yesterday, though, but I REALLY thought Verti was scum. To be honest, I also thought (and still think) Orange is scum, but I didn't see the harm in letting RNGesus do its thing.

No matter if you thought that I'm scum or not (It was very unlikely in the first place as Retal and other s pointed out anyway due to circumstances), you were trying very hard to get me investigated, while the best course of action was to investigate Orange (for reasons we established). Voting me was basically totally anti town when Orange claimed a bodyguard. I believe the reason was that you wanted to see what I have or to simply protect the thievery deed of Orange.

That's all there is to it, really. And I don't have any problem being investigated. In fact, ##investigate Killing_You, as I am innocent, have no night actions, and passed away the only item I've had all game. I might have some evidence on me, though (even though my role PM says I don't).

Yes now you don't have a problem, maybe because you cleared yourself of all items/evidence? Or simply to cause a distraction, once again, from Orange being investigated?

Why not vote Orange ffs?

To sum this up. I don't believe you are neutral for multiple reasons. According to the claims and possible warmonger roles, we have 3 warmongers on the lose, possibly even one more. With additional neutral, that would mean we have 60% or even 50% of town players, which is a pretty low number considering we can't even lynch/get rid of any confirmed scum while scum can already night kill. Your game meta suggest that you have hidden agenda, and definitely not just "stay low and survive" meta neutrals usually have. Last thing is the grenade. You claimed it was for protection but it's definitely not. It's a tool to block a player or outright kill him, it's basically an attack weapon. Why would a neutral guy require a grenade is beyond me.

Speaking of which, I happen to have the grenade now, it's also due to your own actions. Want it back? Here, catch!

##GRENADE Killing_You

Best case scenario we kill a scum, worst case scenario a useless "neutral" is out of the way and we can concentrate on other players. I can live with this.

Also whoever gets nominated tomorrow may have the fun with the grenade in vault. It has 25% chance of kill, 60% chance of day action block.

Just now, Mojoman said:

I can't believe we have an unlimited hand grenade. This should be in APB Mafia.

What about the colt, is it one time use?

The Grenade has a very small chance to kill. And it can be passed around as you can see, so technically anyone could use it.

In APB mafia we don't deal with passable items, every role has determined weapon and actions.

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

You are being a very aggressive player for one that is neutral. As a neutral, you should play a bit more quiet play, attack less and especially not act scummy.

I could've played for town, scum, or myself. I chose town and came to a few wrong conclusions. Big whoop.

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

This is the most ridiculous plot I've heard in a long time in mafia game. How much it took you guys to forge it in the scum doc? And as for the grenade, it's certainly not to protect anyone. But I'll get to that later.

Again, it's for self-defense.

3 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

According to the Irish role chart, we have too many scum roles and the list of suspected players is getting shorter. Claiming a role with no abilities at this point doesn't add up, at least you would counter claim another guys role. Also right after you said your theory about spyglass, Fraydo comes in claiming he has it. It's way too fitting. Almost like, I tell this, then you tell this..

Yeah, I bet FRAYDO was the one who swiped it. How do you not see that as a slip on his part?

4 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

No matter if you thought that I'm scum or not (It was very unlikely in the first place as Retal and other s pointed out anyway due to circumstances), you were trying very hard to get me investigated, while the best course of action was to investigate Orange (for reasons we established). Voting me was basically totally anti town when Orange claimed a bodyguard. I believe the reason was that you wanted to see what I have or to simply protect the thievery deed of Orange.

First off, I don't like going off of GM-Meta arguments like those. It's only a matter of time before it bites us in the ass. Second, I had been scumreading you for a while, I missed the parts where Cat5 went batshit crazy over people voting you. In my head, I was thinking at least one of you was scum, and I didn't care who got investigated first. So yes. I made a goddamn mistake and didn't think things through. Fucking SUE ME.

10 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Yes now you don't have a problem, maybe because you cleared yourself of all items/evidence? Or simply to cause a distraction, once again, from Orange being investigated?

I never had a problem. I was just never under the microscope. As for who gets investigated, if everyone else wants to investigate Orange, fine by me. I'm keeping my vote on myself as a show of good faith. I have nothing to hide, nothing to fear. And, once again, I'm Innocent. How would I be responsible for thieving, killing, thieving again, AND role switching without an alignment change?!

14 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

To sum this up. I don't believe you are neutral for multiple reasons. According to the claims and possible warmonger roles, we have 3 warmongers on the lose, possibly even one more. With additional neutral, that would mean we have 60% or even 50% of town players, which is a pretty low number considering we can't even lynch/get rid of any confirmed scum while scum can already night kill. Your game meta suggest that you have hidden agenda, and definitely not just "stay low and survive" meta neutrals usually have. Last thing is the grenade. You claimed it was for protection but it's definitely not. It's a tool to block a player or outright kill him, it's basically an attack weapon. Why would a neutral guy require a grenade is beyond me.

For starters, I don't think the amount of warmongers is set in stone. It's possible we have two: one thief and one targetswapper or whatever the hell happened.

Also, what is my hidden agenda?

And once again, it's a self defense weapon. I'm just telling you what was presented to me. I don't know the ins and outs of the setup.

18 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Speaking of which, I happen to have the grenade now, it's also due to your own actions. Want it back? Here, catch!

##GRENADE Killing_You

Hoist by my own petard, it seems. All this time I thought keeping it would do me in, when in reality it was getting rid of it that brought about my demise.

3 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Hoist by my own petard, it seems. All this time I thought keeping it would do me in, when in reality it was getting rid of it that brought about my demise.

You have to agree though, being killed (although very unlikely due to rng) by your own weapon would be hilarious!

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

Happy now? Maybe I should request scum roles from now on. Clearly it's the only way I'll ever be of any benefit to town.

Problem is with your claim being neutral. You completely went opposite way how to play a neutral role :p So either you lie or you failed the concept of playing neutral and you are a big distraction now for town.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

No, because we're supposed to stop talking while waiting for action resolution. I think Voe is supposed to be handling it.

Nodlied said he would return in the evening (EU time), which is now so I it shouldn't take too long.

23 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Nodlied said he would return in the evening (EU time), which is now so I it shouldn't take too long.

20 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Wednesday evening

+ a day.

@Voe

(maybe I should co-host next time ;))

1 hour ago, VERTi60 said:

##GRENADE Killing_You

Rolling: 1d100

Result: 86

Vertigo tossed a grenade at Killing_You, but the bomb miraculously bounced off his forehead and escaped into space! Nothing happened.

6 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

No tension increase this time?

You're right. World tension increased by 2%. Let me run through the rules and post and update on day status.