RIP zunnie

FRAYDO

I remember back in mp gaming, when I had zunnie's full support during the days of ChopBot. I remember the days when I would log in to his computer using TeamViewer to help him with something in gmax. In recent years we've grown apart, but at heart I think from what I could see that he was a good man. He tried his best to bring smiles to many faces for a decade-and-a-half in the Renegade community. RIP man, you will be missed by many.

Although the methods and goals of W3D Hub and MPF have not aligned as well as they perhaps could have done, the news that zunnie has has passed is deeply saddening. zunnie was a force for change in the Renegade community and inspired people to get involved with the engine in a positive way that will be remembered for years to come. We had some good years during the Beta era of APB where we really made some thunder in this community.

zunnie was one of the big characters of this community with a larger than life personality that made him incredibly infamous. This is a terrible loss for the Renegade community and he will be missed.

R.I.P zunnie - A Renegade Legend

I had good memories with him in designing levels, he was the one that help me planted the seed to start IA, it started way back when I was making Nuclear Winter map with ai bots and Renegade map with ai bots.

It is unfortunate that his passing happened. I guess is just a matter of time that things comes and go.

May his last thoughts were at peace and happiness.

I heard of Zunnie from a meanspirited joke pretty shortly after firing up AOW for the first time back in 2008. Jokes and dicking around aside I had no qualms with the guy and I hear he's had a big influence on lots of folks. 

It's a shame to see yet another "Renegade" pass away. 

I already posted a commentary in MPF topic ( if you wish to read it, click here ). In addition, Zunnie was one of my closest foreign familiars. We never met in real live, but I saw his face in Skype, and I of course heard his voice several times. I remember the last time we met in Skype, he was ill, and, as he explained to me, it was just a common cold. This was months ago, we were setting up the server for Commando Assault, so I don't know what happened to him. And no matter, is it a joke to cover him or a real event, I will be always missing him.

P. S.: Coffee time! Yep, definitely.

A true friend to us all, a Renegade guru and legend. He inspired a lot of us in many different ways, accomplished a lot for Renegade and left behind a legacy we should all be so lucky to follow. Many people of mentioned their difference in different things, but we should all take this time to realize, it’s all the same game and players in the end. Rip!

Oh man, that is sad news.

I had some brief engagements with him over W3D/Renegade related things. He was a very spontaneous man with a lot of crazy ideas, and seemingly his modus operandi was to always "try a bunch of things quickly and see what sticks". You could turn your back to him for a moment and then return to witness a whole bunch of crazy shit happening.

This spontaneous behavior always put Zunnie at odds with people who did things more "carefully", and it is why he was sometimes a challenge to work with. But one thing is clear: He had a lot of fun doing what he did, and I dare say he knew how to have fun with development much better than most people did.

I have no idea what he worked on at MPF, I do hope he had fun doing it... Ultimately that is all that matters, right?

He was one of the friendliest person when I was new to this community. Wish I could test his TCW when he invited me and spend more time talking to him.

RIP zunnie, Still playing on the C&C3 Steam you gift me.

On 7/13/2018 at 1:59 PM, NodGuy said:

I'll always have a memory of him, as a bush, jumping around the Soviet base on Keep Off The Grass. :)

Rest In Peace.

I remember Zunnie doing that on the original hostile waters map (another time he was a walking flame tower, LOL)

zunnie was always full of energy, and he loved bringing people together.

For those who didn’t know him, he created a lot of Co-Op maps. These missions were Humans verse AI with different objectives. They were the closest APB had to a single player experience. All be it none of the maps could be done alone like a single player mission, but that was intentional. He believed a lot (and tested) the strength of teamwork. He a few times had a good laugh on how powerful a 5 player team could be (two snipers, medic, mechanic, and Medium Tank). 

I think my favorite map he made was allied invasion.

Anyways Rest In Peace Zunnie, May your legacy live on and your hair never grow shorter.

Edit: wait chopbam was chopbot... LoL. Ok, Zunnie used to tell me chopbot was his most advanced AI, and I didn’t believe him till a he typed in !Summon chopbot. Then suddenly chopbot joined the game start kicking the crap out of the players online. He had me fooled.

Edited by Raptor29aa

54 minutes ago, Raptor29aa said:

Edit: wait chopbam was chopbot... LoL. Ok, Zunnie used to tell me chopbot was his most advanced AI, and I didn’t believe him till a he typed in !Summon chopbot. Then suddenly chopbot joined the game start kicking the crap out of the players online. He had me fooled.

Good ‘ol chopbot.