[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

7 hours ago, Jeod said:

Shade pointed out an error in the last battle:

Damage = ((2.4 * 90 * (70/30) /50) + 2) * ((0 + 1) * 2)

^That's the correct formula for Seel using Ice Beam on Rhyhorn. It comes out to 24 without a critical hit, and 48 with a critical hit. The only problem is that on Turn 1, Ice Beam did 34 damage to Rhyhorn somehow.

Damage = ((2.4 * 90 * (70/30) /50) + 2) * ((0 + 1.5) * 2)

But if I add in STAB, we get 36 damage, not 34.

Damage = ((2.4 * 90 * (70/30) /50) + 2) * ((0 + 1.5) * 1)

And if I take away Type, we get 18. So I suspect the 34 might have been a typo on my part when I mean to write 24, and then used 34 in HP subtraction. That would mean Rhyhorn survived Turn 2 with 8 HP left. I rolled for Horn Drill and it missed, but that doesn't mean it would have missed during the battle.

I'm giving Shade an additional item via rng due to this error. And I'll be more thorough in future battle resolutions and ignore demand for a speedy trial. :p

Dayum... we might have won if he survived one more round! :(

4 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Also I had like a major snafoo with my move and had to stay another day but all I have is a blanket to lay on the floor and my laptop... so here I am.

At least there's wifi?

Another clarification: Items do cost 1 Pokecoin to use during the rest phase, but not during the battle phase! That's because in the battle phase your primary Pokemon is the only possible target of the item.

On 8/13/2018 at 5:28 PM, Jeod said:

Clarification on healing Pokemon:

Healing exists as a sort of cop mechanic since there are no cop-like actions in the Rest Phase. Team Rocket roles cannot heal their Pokemon. However, Trainers can after a requirement: they must not battle in the next battle phase and must decide to use a Rest Action to heal.

Heal <Pokemon> (1 Pokecoin) - Heal your fainted Pokemon. This action can only be used if you have not participated in the previous battle phase.

Consequently, you can expect Team Rocket players to be able to block a healing action. This is to prevent town from playing 'battle roulette' to stay above the Rockets.

I was already at my max number of night posts so I wasn't able to explain myself further. Initially I thought that Team Rocket wouldn't be able to heal their pokemon so I laid out that plan for everyone, but then I decided to look back to see what exactly it said. I found out that it's only for reviving pokemon instead of generally healing them.

But it doesn't really matter since I ended up asking Jeod about this because there was some confusion, apparently this is no longer part of the game.

13 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I was already at my max number of night posts so I wasn't able to explain myself further. Initially I thought that Team Rocket wouldn't be able to heal their pokemon so I laid out that plan for everyone, but then I decided to look back to see what exactly it said. I found out that it's only for reviving pokemon instead of generally healing them.

But it doesn't really matter since I ended up asking Jeod about this because there was some confusion, apparently this is no longer part of the game.

Right, the items mechanic replaced that action.