[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

12 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

"We" didn't want to have a 2nd auto battle?

6 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

it's true that autobattle twice in a row is not a good thing.

11 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Which you could have done when you sent Pidgey instead.

Sure, could have. Didn't though.

8 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Mewtwo is already gone.

Good Job

Regarding the autobattle thing, nobody should be getting forced into planning an autobattle before they know what they are facing. This is a turn based game. It's literally designed to allow players time to decide what to do. We don't need instant gratification, and we don't need to penalize people who aren't around at the same time as everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Regarding the autobattle thing, nobody should be getting forced into planning an autobattle before they know what they are facing. This is a turn based game. It's literally designed to allow players time to decide what to do. We don't need instant gratification, and we don't need to penalize people who aren't around at the same time as everyone else.

In all fairness, the most effective way to win, is to eliminate KY to gain a vote advantage before worrying about Brigitte and Irish.

And then the argument should settle itself in a rather obvious fashion by putting the two up against each other.

Also, mind putting your vote down for the plan me and Retaliation are going with?

The only way KY will win that battle is if he's the sole survivor, and Irish successfully throws the match for him and sacrifices himself. Which will create a rather serious problem for them tomorrow...

6 hours ago, Brigitte said:

Except you're missing a pretty core thing.

The investigation results were insane.

Cat5 and I - cleared by Insane Investigations, There is nothing pointing to either of us to show that we Scummy. Town.

7 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

We basically now know that KY's results had to be insane since Jeod was revealed to be Town. Unfortunately, the Scyther reveal is relatively useless since either one could be Town (due to insane results it would've targeted a Town player and mentioned their pokemon was Scum). 

Did you read what I said?

On 3/1/2019 at 8:57 PM, OrangeP47 said:

I do remember one thing however.  I know Team Rocket has, or at least had at the time I met them, a SCYTHER."

So if it's insane, it's basically saying "I know Town has, or at least had at the time I met them, a Scyther."

Meaning it only clears one of you as Town, not both of you, and that's assuming you actually do have a Scyther.

3 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Did you read what I said?

So if it's insane, it's basically saying "I know Town has, or at least had at the time I met them, a Scyther."

Meaning it only clears one of you as Town, not both of you, and that's assuming you actually do have a Scyther.

It only clears Both of us as town, but as we reveal our scythers.

Cat5 has revealed a Scizor, which is fine.

I can't reveal my Scyther without taking a death (level 10 vs. level 50 = Insta lose)

3 hours ago, Brigitte said:

Not that there's anything fundamentally wrong with it @OrangeP47 , It's too slow for my tastes when we should be shortening days at this stage.

Anyway

From a GM's perspective, agreed. Battle phases can and should still be scheduled, autobattling only when necessary, but this game's been going for over a month. For sanity's sake, perhaps the early hammer should become a permanent thing starting next week. No doubt you're all getting a bit exhausted, and placing a focus on scheduling for the battle phases is affecting votes during the day phase. That isn't something that should be an issue, but it is. If stress over scheduling conflicts is going to influence decisions, then a change should be made to accommodate and eliminate the influence.

CVC

Retaliation/Cat 5 (3) and Irish (4) leads for trainers

Shade (3) and Killing_You (6) leads for rocket

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - TheIrishMan and Retaliation/trainer, Killing_You and Brigitte/rocket

2.  Retaliation - Irish and Cat 5/trainer, Shade and Killing_You/rocket

3.  Shade939 - Irish and Cat 5/trainer, Shade and Killing_You/rocket

4.  Killing_You - Brigitte and Retaliation/trainer, Killing_You/rocket

5.  Brigitte - Shade and Retaliation/trainer, Irish and Killing_You/rocket

6.  Cat 5 - Cat 5 and Irish/trainer, Shade and KY/Rocket

I recommend you attack his Snorlax, Cat5, before Rest restores all its HP. I'm assuming he has the Mint Berry I gave him equipped, so Snorlax will wake up right away. Articuno does half dmg to you and 1/4 dmg to me, so it's not nearly as much of a threat. We can gang up on KY after Snorlax is KO'd.

My attack does 63 dmg, so as long as you do 36 dmg, he'll be down.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

I recommend you attack his Snorlax, Cat5, before Rest restores all its HP. I'm assuming he has the Mint Berry I gave him equipped, so Snorlax will wake up right away. Articuno does half dmg to you and 1/4 dmg to me, so it's not nearly as much of a threat. We can gang up on KY after Snorlax is KO'd.

My attack does 63 dmg, so as long as you do 36 dmg, he'll be down.

Except, Surf also hits Category 5, so KY is probably using Rain Dance to give it a 1.5 damage boost, so Category 5 needs to finish off Articuno so the match end this turn.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Except, Surf also hits Category 5, so KY is probably using Rain Dance to give it a 1.5 damage boost, so Category 5 needs to finish off Articuno so the match end this turn.

Surf doesn't hit everyone until Gen IV, I made sure to double check after my first mistake.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Surf_(move)

Just now, Shade939 said:

In which case, Articuno is still the more pressing threat that Category 5 actually needs to deal with.

Why? Articuno can only learn moves that do half dmg to Cat5, while only the normal moves it can learn would do a decent amount of damage to me. KY's first move didn't target anyone and we already know his moveset so it's not hard to guess what he probably used. Reminder - Ice Beam, Reflect, Mud Slap, Blizzard.

If we eliminate you, we can take down Articuno no problem.