[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

controlling the vote*

It still depends on various factors and rules. But one of the biggest problems of last game was how Scum had to hurt Town by battling them despite being outnumbered 2.5:1, which I'm assuming is supposed to be partially addressed by the investigations locations instead in this game.

4 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I thought you were talking about something new this game.

Not really? The items are still the same mostly, although healing items are far less effective in this game since attacks are more likely to two-shot or three-shot you, even without type advantages.

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Huh, I thought the damage formula stayed the same throughout the games.

Yeah, it was a mismatch of stats, based on a pokemon being level 1, while it's actual stats were based on it's effort values earned.

So a Chansey would have the following stats.

250 Hit Points
5 Attack
5 Defense
105 Special
50 Speed

I don't know anything about this egg thing you guys are talking about. You're getting me crossed up with someone else, it sounds like. I also didn't target anyone with my ability Night 2, nor Night 3, as my ability is somewhat limited in uses. I went TM shopping instead.

8 hours ago, Jeod said:

Well, if it was an egg, you should have had a much more clear reaction to it considering my interactions with Category 5 on Day 2 and Day 3. The soft communication was pretty easy to see for anyone who understood the references.

Good to know, it made more sense if Jeod had an egg in his inventory from game start all things considered, he's a bit obsessed with route 34 after all...

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

And yes, that is directed at you Category 5. That's the quote suggesting why I thought you might have given it to him.

Yeah, he probably had multiple things happen to him Night 1 and mis-attributed the egg to me. My visit should have given him a different effect. I gave him a bonus that should have helped him make up for his loss on Night 1, or at least put him in better position than he would have been otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, he probably had multiple things happen to him Night 1 and mis-attributed the egg to me. My visit should have given him a different effect. I gave him a bonus that should have helped him make up for his loss on Night 1, or at least put him in better position than he would have been otherwise. 

Despite the fact he was probably only trying to rush Route 34 because he would help himself out by likely getting some benefit from the Pokemon Daycare there, before anyone else could clear it...

It also makes more sense why he thinks I'm scum and was panicking just because I actually thought certain players might get bonuses for visiting different investigation locations, so it's also important who completes an investigation instead of it just being completed.

See: his opening post for this game, see: my interaction with him.

I was given the egg on Night 1 and it hatched on Day 3. I didn’t have it from the start, so Shade’s claim that it’s the reason I rushed to Route 34 is moot.

Shade’s continued obsession with making me the bad guy is like a shoddy detective who spends the entire show going after the protagonist instead of finding the true culprit.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I did get that bonus, by the way. Although you probably knew that when you saw that I asked Retaliation about training.

I already said I'm fine with investigating today, just that I'd prefer to do whatever the next investigation is since I feel prepared with all my items, it's just that you all will have to wait until 6 or 7 hours after hammer due to my work.

##Trainer TheIrishman

On a side note, I've also started playing Pokemon Sacred Gold, and just beat Faulkner. Funny enough, I've already caught half my team for this game. Also the rarest pokemon I've caught so far is Larvitar.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

I already said I'm fine with investigating today, just that I'd prefer to do whatever the next investigation is since I feel prepared with all my items, it's just that you all will have to wait until 6 or 7 hours after hammer due to my work.

##Trainer TheIrishman

On a side note, I've also started playing Pokemon Sacred Gold, and just beat Faulkner. Funny enough, I've already caught half my team for this game. Also the rarest pokemon I've caught so far is Larvitar.

Given the changes, no pokemon are particularly "Rare" in SG, if you're willing to break the budget on pokeballs.  I've always had the problem in Johto of being content with a team of 5, given the order of the gyms, but SG really lets you have your pick so the situation might change.

CVC

TheIrishMan leads trainer

Route 34 leads rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Radio Tower, Goldenrod Gym, Route 30, Route 34

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - Irishman/trainer

2.  Jeod - Irishman/trainer, Route 34/rocket

3.  Retaliation - no votes

4.  Shade939 - no votes

5.  Killing_You - no votes

6.  Brigitte - Brigitte/trainer, Route 34/rocket

7.  Cat 5 - no votes

34 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

##Trainer TheIrishman

Grats, did Cat5 get you started? I don't think the name of the romhack was mentioned, but I did send it to Cat5 since he said he'd never played Gen2.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Unless I can take that hack and make it so that Pokemon can remember 6 or more moves, I'm not playing it. I don't like how Pokemon limits tactics so much.

That'd fundamentally change the entire pokemon formula.  Four moves is generally plenty, especially when you have 6 pokemon to work with, that's really 24 moves.  You only need one move per type per pokemon, so the choice is really what types you want coverage on.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

That'd fundamentally change the entire pokemon formula.  Four moves is generally plenty, especially when you have 6 pokemon to work with, that's really 24 moves.  You only need one move per type per pokemon, so the choice is really what types you want coverage on.

I know it would change the formula. That's the kind of shakeup I want Pokemon to do. I'm bored of it. There are plenty of moves in Pokemon that are very situational and would be nice to keep, but the 4 move limit means you always have to toss them in favor of picking the four most powerful moves, one of each type. Boring.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I know it would change the formula. That's the kind of shakeup I want Pokemon to do. I'm bored of it. There are plenty of moves in Pokemon that are very situational and would be nice to keep, but the 4 move limit means you always have to toss them in favor of picking the four most powerful moves, one of each type. Boring.

Maybe in the actual story mode, but competitive is different.  I'm not that experienced in competitive, but I can say there are definitely lots of builds that rely on the more gimmicky moves there.  Try the Showdown Battles website to get a taste of that.

Let's take that Psyduck for example.

In it's natural learnset 

Scratch
Tail Whip
Disable
Confusion
Screech
Psych Up
Fury Swipes
Hydro Pump

The only move on this list that is totally replaced by something else is Tail Whip. No reason to have Tail Whip when you have Screech. Scratch has better accuracy than Fury Swipes and more PP. Disable is unique. Confusion is the only Psychic move. Psych Up is situational. Fury Swipes can do more damage than Scratch. Hydro Pump is the only Water move.

With 4 moves, you're going to take

Confusion
Fury Swipes
Hydro Pump
And one of Disable or Screech. Maybe Psych up, but probably not.

With 6 moves, you don't have to toss anything except Tail Whip. You can keep all useful moves.

Then you can start digging into the TM pile.

Dynamic Punch, highest power fighting move
Headbutt, outclassed by Return
Curse, I don't really know how this move works
Toxic, tricky Poison move
Rock Smash, most accurate Fighting move (less average damage than Dynamic Punch)
Hidden Power, tricky move that might be a good option if you know how it works
Snore, can be used ONLY WHEN USER IS SLEEPING. YOU GONNA FILL ONE OF FOUR SLOTS WITH THIS?
Blizzard, most powerful Ice move, only 5 PP
Icy Wind, more accurate than Blizzard, more uses, but is outclassed in both of those things by Ice Punch later, though this move very likely slows the target, which may be useful in limited cases.
Protect, tricky move
Rain Dance, weather changing move
Endure, tricky move
Frustration, tricky move but probably pointless
Iron Tail, only Steel move it can learn, pretty powerful
Return, probably best Normal move if happiness is high
Dig, best Ground move it can learn
Mud-slap, Ground move but not as good as Dig
Double Team, nice evasion move
Ice Punch, fairly powerful and most accurate Ice move
Swagger, I don't like this move, but it has it's uses
Sleep Talk can be used ONLY WHEN USER IS SLEEPING. YOU GONNA FILL ONE OF FOUR SLOTS WITH THIS?
Swift, a move that can attack multiple opponents and skips accuracy checks
Rest, a move that heals
Attract, a move that only works on opposite gender opponents
Surf, more accurate than Hydro Pump and more powerful than other water moves
Strength, outclassed by Return
Flash, nice accuracy reducing move
Whirlpool, trapping move
Waterfall, outclassed by Surf and Hydro Pump

There aren't a whole hell of a lot of moves on this list that aren't useful to learn. Complicating things further is the fact that TMs are limited in number (or at least they used to be), so you aren't just picking which moves to assign to your pokemon, but also which specific pokemon you're going to give it to. You're going to have to build Psyduck with one objective in mind. If you want to have a Psyduck that can combat specific situations, you need to catch another Psyduck and assign a different set of moves to it. I don't have time in the day to do that. If you're building the pokemon on a website or hacking like true competitive pokemon players do, sure, you can build whatever pokemon you want in minutes, and that'll still be true if you have 6 moves instead of 4. But I'm talking about having more flexibilty with one pokemon, when actually playing the game.