[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

33 minutes ago, Brigitte said:

Killing You has had literally no input on this game and could be scum? 

I want in on the fighting so we can progress this damn game

Sunflower was apparently having some IRL conflicts that kept her from being active, which is why KY replaced her. Give him some time to catch up.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

How much have you caught up on the events so far, KY?

I'm kind of caught up. I'll have to reread the battles, but other than that I've got kind of the gist of it. Brigitte's still my only real solid read.

Agh... this is quite the conundrum. The only one who's had any active resistance to progressing the game is Shade, and I've already stated why I don't think he's scum. I'm not exactly sure what to look for in these kinds of setups apart from that.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##rocket Route34

##Trainer Jeod

KY has a grass type and I have an electric type, I think KY makes more sense to send in. Why'd you choose me?

CVC

Killing_You leads trainer

Route 34 leads rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Radio Tower, Goldenrod Gym, Route 30, Route 34

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - Irishman/trainer

2.  Jeod - Killing_You/trainer, Route 34/rocket

3.  Retaliation - no votes

4.  Shade939 - Killing_You/trainer, Route 34/rocket

5.  Killing_You - Killing_You/trainer, Route 34/rocket

6.  Brigitte - Brigitte/trainer, Route 34/rocket

7.  Cat 5 - Jeod/trainer, Route 34/rocket

On double battles:  They're somewhat more rare to allow for investigations, but I have a formula I follow where each progressing day is more likely to be a double battle than the day before (until such time as a double battle happens).  I won't reveal exactly what the formula is, but I will say RNG has been extremely in favor of single battle days so far.

4 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Agh... this is quite the conundrum. The only one who's had any active resistance to progressing the game is Shade, and I've already stated why I don't think he's scum. I'm not exactly sure what to look for in these kinds of setups apart from that. 

If by progression you mean failing an investigation, and someone losing a pokemon over that...

19 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Curse, I don't really know how this move works

Quick Sidenote: This move is pure evil. Basically, it does a little bit of damage to the caster, and then the target takes damage every turn for the rest of the match. Combined with Mean Look (which keeps the target from leaving, whether by running or swap out), this can be a real pain in the ass.

I had to comment because a friggin' Ghastly used those two on my Machop once, and I basically had to wait for him to die because I couldn't do anything else. It's gone down as my most hated Pokemon moment ever. Petty? Sure. I don't care, though, I was mad.

Alright, back to the game.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Quick Sidenote: This move is pure evil. Basically, it does a little bit of damage to the caster, and then the target takes damage every turn for the rest of the match. Combined with Mean Look (which keeps the target from leaving, whether by running or swap out), this can be a real pain in the ass.

I had to comment because a friggin' Ghastly used those two on my Machop once, and I basically had to wait for him to die because I couldn't do anything else. It's gone down as my most hated Pokemon moment ever. Petty? Sure. I don't care, though, I was mad.

It only works that way if the user is ghost type.  If any other type it just raises both attack and defense stat.  As such it's used on Snorlax a lot in competitive.

I was thinking maybe of making an off topic pokemon thread, where we can all talk about SG and other things without cluttering up this thread.  Good idea?

It's a non-damaging stat changing move for non Ghost types though.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It only works that way if the user is ghost type.  If any other type it just raises both attack and defense stat.  As such it's used on Snorlax a lot in competitive.

I was thinking maybe of making an off topic pokemon thread, where we can all talk about SG and other things without cluttering up this thread.  Good idea?

I'd assume we'd actually be on topic if there was something to actually be on topic about though.

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Probably for the best. I'm close to going on a rant about Ghost-types being the bane of my existence, but I don't want to distract us from the task at hand.

While we still have time left until hammer, can we get a calculation breakdown of a Lv30 Jolteon w/ Thunder against a Lv30 Psyduck, vs. a Lv40 Sunflora against a Lv30 Psyduck?

Just a heads up btw, but I probably won't be around for hammer today.  However, the normal time still applies.  I'll be back fairly shortly after hammer, and I'll check the timestamps of any votes that appear to be close to the line.  You can expect a delay of around 30 minutes to an hour.

9 minutes ago, Jeod said:

While we still have time left until hammer, can we get a calculation breakdown of a Lv30 Jolteon w/ Thunder against a Lv30 Psyduck, vs. a Lv40 Sunflora against a Lv30 Psyduck?

Easily Sunflora, the only reason why it's not guaranteed is Psyduck is faster so it could beat Sunflora with a combination of luck and some extremely cheap tactics based on what moveset it could have.

8 minutes ago, Jeod said:

So then why did Cat5 nominate me? Still waiting for an answer.

To be fair, you already saw the odds for your Jolteon fighting against a Psyduck, so we're talking something like Killing_You having a 3% higher chance of winning.

But that's not the only thing to take into consideration.

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Well, sorry guys. I just got called in to work AGAIN, so I won't be around to battle for about 4-5 hours.

That's fine, and technically faster than Irish's schedule he always harps about :v  It gives me time to complete this season on Football Manager, and boy is it a good one.  I was probably going to be distracted by that anyway :p

Well, sorry guys. I just got called in to work AGAIN, so I won't be around to battle for about 4-5 hours.

You could probably win in the first turn, so you might prefer to just PM Orange your attack move and see if that'll end the match without any further input.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

You could probably win in the first turn, so you might prefer to just PM Orange your attack move and see if that'll end the match without any further input.

Also reminder that I myself will be somewhat late.... because I'm going to pick up Fried Chicken ;)

But yes, this is also an option. I can just resolve it when I get to it.

Hammer has passed.

CVC

Killing_You leads trainer

Route 34 leads rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Radio Tower, Goldenrod Gym, Route 30, Route 34

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - Irishman/trainer

2.  Jeod - Killing_You/trainer, Route 34/rocket

3.  Retaliation - no votes

4.  Shade939 - Killing_You/trainer, Route 34/rocket

5.  Killing_You - Killing_You/trainer, Route 34/rocket

6.  Brigitte - Brigitte/trainer, Route 34/rocket

7.  Cat 5 - Jeod/trainer, Route 34/rocket