cncfan59

best way to beat anyone in Tiberian sun

Simple Spam artillary. artillery is the answer to everything playing red alert? Nod artillery. doing exams? Nod artillery. playing tiberian sun reborn? Nod artillery. getting bullied? Nod artillery. the answer to life the universe and everything ain't 42 its not artillery

it's all fun and games until you get to Firestorm, then the Artillery is no longer the devastating weapon it once was

How many people here play the old C&Cs on CNCnet?

Just spam Orca Bombers or Jumpjet troopers to kill them: Or conversely counter Nod artillery with Nod artillery.

1 hour ago, delta said:

How many people here play the old C&Cs on CNCnet?

Me. I don't play much TS anymore (mostly TD and Red Alert) but the Nod artillery is the only useful Nod unit other than cyborg commando and subterranean APC and sometimes banshees on the high level.

So I was watching some videos of TS multiplayer a while ago, and it seems like everyone plays vanilla TS rather than Firestorm? Any reason for that?

I'd say ask @FRAYDO

He's pretty good at doing a Mario Party betrayal over losing 2 infantry.

Edited by MPRA2

On 8/8/2019 at 7:00 PM, cncfan59 said:

Simple Spam artillary. artillery is the answer to everything playing red alert? Nod artillery. doing exams? Nod artillery. playing tiberian sun reborn? Nod artillery. getting bullied? Nod artillery. the answer to life the universe and everything ain't 42 its not artillery

This is the most truthful post about any game there ever was. The fucking artillery in Tiberian Sun locks unto your unit no matter what. You could be halfway across the map and if your unit was shot at there is a 100% chance the shell will hit it. I've edited the rules.ini so that both teams can only buy one artillery at a time because as much as I love losing every single tank to a unit i can't hit hidden behind base defences, I really don't.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:18 PM, FRAYDO said:

it's all fun and games until you get to Firestorm, then the Artillery is no longer the devastating weapon it once was

Idk what version of Firestorm everyone has but the artillery in it still locks on and is just as devastating as before.

I think Firestorm has a slightly different ruleset in multiplayer compared to the campaign to maintain consistency, like how Red Alert Aftermath gave the Allies the super-strong Turret and weakened the Tesla Coil in MP.

Edited by KevinLancaster

On 8/8/2019 at 7:00 PM, cncfan59 said:

have to ask, what are you using KTFF's alias (beanshapiro) and 1 number off Dale's renegade nick (cncfan95)?