[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia II: Dark Night

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

56 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

That would also be @Category 5 Hurricane and the fact he lived past N1 is more sus.

WELL, OBVIOUSLY RETAIL REFLEXIVELY TRIED TO KILL ME, BUT IT FAILED WHEN IT TURNED OUT I'M HIS SCUM BUDDY. HE SHOULD REALLY READ THE SCUM DOC, BECAUSE SHADE WAS SUPPOSED TO DIE.

5 hours ago, Coolrock said:

Jesus Christ, people. None of this was explained to me.

Honestly I figured that was common sense. I also figured that since you’d been reading past games you’d also read the general rules. Sorry for dropping the ball there.

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

WELL, OBVIOUSLY RETAIL REFLEXIVELY TRIED TO KILL ME, BUT IT FAILED WHEN IT TURNED OUT I'M HIS SCUM BUDDY. HE SHOULD REALLY READ THE SCUM DOC, BECAUSE SHADE WAS SUPPOSED TO DIE.

I FORGOT YOU WERE THE MIRAGE TANK. STOP PICKING ROLES THAT PROTECT YOU!

11 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Wow we've kinda been pulling a dumb haven't we.

I was wondering why Shade was so confident :v

I don't see a reason why scum would not NK. Shade could end up roleblocking scum and they look guilty anyway. At best they put us even with a sucessful NK + no lynch.

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I was wondering why Shade was so confident :v

I don't see a reason why scum would not NK. Shade could end up roleblocking scum and they look guilty anyway. At best they put us even with a sucessful NK + no lynch.

I mean, I've been thinking, a conscript claim is easy to make.  Granted, that doesn't mean it won't be true sometimes, but it's the obvious thing scum would say in this situation.  Granted, I've not been thinking too hard... I've been distracted...  Fire Emblem is a complicated game.  I must say though, I picked Edelgard's house and really liking that ensemble so far (no spoilers).  Just got done doing an "auxiliary battle" against the monetary knights and utterly wrecked them, which I hope is a good sign.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, I've been thinking, a conscript claim is easy to make.  Granted, that doesn't mean it won't be true sometimes, but it's the obvious thing scum would say in this situation.  Granted, I've not been thinking too hard... I've been distracted...  Fire Emblem is a complicated game.  I must say though, I picked Edelgard's house and really liking that ensemble so far (no spoilers).  Just got done doing an "auxiliary battle" against the monetary knights and utterly wrecked them, which I hope is a good sign.

Real talk conscript is basically the only claim scum under pressure can make and stay alive.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Real talk conscript is basically the only claim scum under pressure can make and stay alive.

Which makes it unfortunate for people who actually are conscripts.

This whole thing, this basically a giant he said she said, except it had multiple levels to it, so even if we believe certain aspects (and some aspects are quite believable) we're still missing some parts of the puzzle.  Maybe a better metaphor is literally a puzzle with some pieces missing.  We're going to have to make a call and no matter what we'll be missing info.

Granted, I'm usually fine with that, but I know everyone else tends to shy away from it.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Which makes it unfortunate for people who actually are conscripts.

This whole thing, this basically a giant he said she said, except it had multiple levels to it, so even if we believe certain aspects (and some aspects are quite believable) we're still missing some parts of the puzzle.  Maybe a better metaphor is literally a puzzle with some pieces missing.  We're going to have to make a call and no matter what we'll be missing info.

Granted, I'm usually fine with that, but I know everyone else tends to shy away from it.

Conscripts are happy to take the bullet if it means that it's not viable for scum to claim power roles.

We could always fall back on the time honored tradition of Look At How The Suspect Talks to determine if we're really throwing caution to the wind.

True, but I'm convinced FRAYDO's scum skill is on par with my own so I'm not sure that'll do us any good.  Seriously, he was in the driver's seat last game.

20 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

True, but I'm convinced FRAYDO's scum skill is on par with my own so I'm not sure that'll do us any good.  Seriously, he was in the driver's seat last game.

Not even an attempt though?

D1 he goes after Shade but does nothing to interfere with the push by Shade on Louis or vote Shade. It feels eerily similar to the last couple games where scum tries to put pressure on a player but doesn't vote with it.

I don't like the attempt at "Scum didn't send in a kill to frame me!" theory. He doesn't try to explain why that's something scum would do compared to just killing. He also doesn't put any thought into the claim he didn't practice.

If scum guesses wrong who Shade's going to fixate on and he goes after one of them, they missed out on a kill and committed suicide by proxy. If they're really that confident in who Shade is going to roleblock, why not just kill Shade's target and prevent the role confirm?

24 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

If scum guesses wrong who Shade's going to fixate on and he goes after one of them, they missed out on a kill and committed suicide by proxy. If they're really that confident in who Shade is going to roleblock, why not just kill Shade's target and prevent the role confirm?

What if Category 5 was immune to the NK, would that make everything make more sense?

12 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It wouldn't even have to be cat5. 

41 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I don't like the attempt at "Scum didn't send in a kill to frame me!" theory. He doesn't try to explain why that's something scum would do compared to just killing. He also doesn't put any thought into the claim he didn't practice.

It's currently my best attempt given the unfortunate circumstances. Right now, it seems to be working in scum's favor.

38 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I would reason that with one silo dead, even with the victory/loss condition changed, they could afford to let one night go and leave today with the easy lynch.