[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia II: Dark Night

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Someday we will get burned by Luigi being scum.

I mean someday we will get burned by Anon_Kat being scum. Sorry, easy to get both confused when they both win by doing nothing.

Luigi was my preferred Mario Kart character.

I did nothing last night.

Frankly, I'm a bit uneasy about lynching FRAYDO. Nobody's made a real effort to try to take the heat off of him, so it's looking less and less like he has a partner. The circumstantial evidence that he was blocked is strong, sure, but the fact that nobody's tried to divert the lynch elsewhere makes me think that this is the wrong track. I'm not sure if Coolrock is the right way to go, either; he's reading as "new/dumb town" to me rather than "scum."

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Someday we will get burned by Luigi being scum.

I mean someday we will get burned by Anon_Kat being scum. Sorry, easy to get both confused when they both win by doing nothing.

Maybe one of them is a building, and going to win the game for the Soviets by remaining inactive while we all kill each other :v

Just now, Killing_You said:

Frankly, I'm a bit uneasy about lynching FRAYDO. Nobody's made a real effort to try to take the heat off of him, so it's looking less and less like he has a partner. The circumstantial evidence that he was blocked is strong, sure, but the fact that nobody's tried to divert the lynch elsewhere makes me think that this is the wrong track. I'm not sure if Coolrock is the right way to go, either; he's reading as "new/dumb town" to me rather than "scum."

Aww, thanks buddy! I did actually try to take heat off of Fraydo, by the way.

image.thumb.gif.0bda2a35b7ae5d93da92ab5bb7e05a75.gif

1 minute ago, Coolrock said:

Aww, thanks buddy! I did actually try to take heat off of Fraydo, by the way.

image.thumb.gif.0bda2a35b7ae5d93da92ab5bb7e05a75.gif

That's not quite what I meant, though. Usually if a scum member gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar, their partner will rush to find a way to push the lynch onto someone else. You're the only one who really did something similar, and I'm townreading you, hence my concern.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

That's not quite what I meant, though. Usually if a scum member gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar, their partner will rush to find a way to push the lynch onto someone else. You're the only one who really did something similar, and I'm townreading you, hence my concern.

You say that, yet look where the votes are.

5 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

We had 3 votes on FRAYDO at one point, but now Coolrock is in the lead. FRAYDO is a pretty easy case for scum to push BUT THEY'RE NOT.

Why?

3 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

If you’re so strong about it, then why did you remove your vote from Fraydo?

13 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I remember Louis using the new/dumb town strat for a long time and slipping under our radars.

5 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

FRAYDO is a pretty easy case for scum to push BUT THEY'RE NOT.

Why?

I would argue that it's too easy to push and it would be a better play to let it go as-is. Any further push may lead to revealing info that can out them.

6 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I would argue that it's too easy to push and it would be a better play to let it go as-is. Any further push may lead to revealing info that can out them.

The only way this could possibly make sense to you is if you think both you and coolrock are town.

Just now, Coolrock said:

If you’re so strong about it, then why did you remove your vote from Fraydo?

Because the way he responded read as "town" to me, and I stand by that feeling because of what I just said.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You say that, yet look where the votes are.

Two on Coolrock, one of which is himself. Not much of a trend IMO.

Just now, Killing_You said:

Because the way he responded read as "town" to me, and I stand by that feeling because of what I just said.

Two on Coolrock, one of which is himself. Not much of a trend IMO.

3 on coolrock, everyone seemed to have forgotten shade voted him as well.

TBH I think we're all collectively over thinking this.  Granted, I don't know who it is, but we shouldn't be resorting to wild theories when sometimes the simple answer really is the best.  TBH I think I'd still go with FRAYDO, and just chalk Coolrock up as... performance art...

I really wasn't convinced by FRAYDO's suggestion that mafia skipped their night kill just to implicate him, but he's otherwise playing his defense game pretty well.

Meta-wise, I don't see Coolrock likely being scum on his first game but knowing Coolrock I can totally picture him having a conversation with Jeod beforehand and going, "Scum? Sure let's do it, I volunteer as tribute!"

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Why do you think this?

Shenanigans aside, Coolrock has shown to be very supportive of me. No scum would willingly jump onto this chopping block to save their partner, only to set themselves up to be tomorrow's lynch. That's just improbable. I know I'm Town and I don't think a scum player would consider doing such a play when it's easier to have me lynched today.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I really wasn't convinced by FRAYDO's suggestion that mafia skipped their night kill just to implicate him, but he's otherwise playing his defense game pretty well.

Meta-wise, I don't see Coolrock likely being scum on his first game but knowing Coolrock I can totally picture him having a conversation with Jeod beforehand and going, "Scum? Sure let's do it, I volunteer as tribute!"

Didn't we all agree yesterday FRAYDO's defense had been kinda bad?

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Shenanigans aside, Coolrock has shown to be very supportive of me. No scum would willingly jump onto this chopping block to save their partner, only to set themselves up to be tomorrow's lynch. That's just improbable. I know I'm Town and I don't think a scum player would consider doing such a play when it's easier to have me lynched today.

Which chopping block would Coolrock be jumping onto? I feel like you're talking about yourself as a scum and town player.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Didn't we all agree yesterday FRAYDO's defense had been kinda bad?

That aspect of it certainly was, but I'm pretty empathetic when it comes to reading what I perceive to be the tone of posts. Guess I can get taken in easily by that.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yes, and this new idea that both FRAYDO and Coolrock are town doesn't fly with me. To accept that as true would mean we effectively have Day 1 again.

Not to mention that we'd have no reason for the lack of a NK despite FRAYDO and Coolrock both being potential reasons on their own.