APB Dev. Blog :: December 11th, 2016

Looking great!

I could have pushed things quite a bit more, visually, but Siege is a very large and open map with a lot of open "background" space (also, flight enabled with underground sections, AKA the recipe for VIS disasters), so for performance concerns I opted to focus the detail on the most played regions of the map.

My last map will be MUCH more compact, so I won't be forced to choose which areas get to be more detailed, I simply get to make everything Delta-level detailed.

Edit: Regarding some sort of ETA for the map, Pushwall ran into a few issues that didn't exist on my end. This is presumptuously the side effect of having two different working environments, since myself and a select number of people who previewed the map, never encountered problems. I'm sure however that things will get resolved soon.

Edited by Raap

like the new helipad design for the map, and the 1 way vehicle lane..... It'll give breathing room to smaller games, or teams who cant defend on multi-vehicular lane maps, as well as saving catting, me, alstar, etc. from having to repairwhore/defend/v2snipe everything.... gonna have to watch out for sneaky infantry rushes I'm assuming. cant wait to camp the cannons as well.

like the new helipad design for the map, and the 1 way vehicle lane..... It'll give breathing room to smaller games, or teams who cant defend on multi-vehicular lane maps, as well as saving catting, me, alstar, etc. from having to repairwhore/defend/v2snipe everything.... gonna have to watch out for sneaky infantry rushes I'm assuming. cant wait to camp the cannons as well.

It's NOT a helipad as you are used to, they are purchase landing pads, with no refill capabilities.

The reason I added them was to better communicate to players where aircraft land on purchase, and avoid a lot of "accidental" deaths.

It's NOT a helipad as you are used to, they are purchase landing pads, with no refill capabilities.

The reason I added them was to better communicate to players where aircraft land on purchase, and avoid a lot of "accidental" deaths.

good idea, now I dont have to be crushed when running by an actual helipad when someone decides to buy something.