Welcome to W3D Hub

danpaul88

BluPyjB.png

We are pleased to announce a new modding and community hub for all W3D games and associated spin-off games. The site has been founded by several prominent members of the W3D modding community and will provide a range of services to our members regardless of their game and community affiliations.

W3D Hub Services

W3D Hub Launcher
The W3D Hub launcher is a one-stop shop for your W3D gaming needs, providing game downloads and automatic updating, an integrated server browser, centralized management of in-game options and many other features.As one of our core products we will continue to evolve this service and add new and exciting features in the future, such as a server chat lobby and buddy lists.

W3D Hub Stats
Whilst we appreciate that many communities and servers already run their own stats service, we believe there is still a great deal more that can be done to improve stats in the W3D community.To this end we are developing a brand new stats system which is more tightly coupled with the game server engine and provides more in depth stats than ever before, all linked directly to your W3DHub user account regardless of which username you choose to use in-game, or even which server you play in (as long as they run our stats system, optionally alongside their own).Whilst many of the details are still being worked on and finalized, here is a short list of the features we are hoping to offer
  • Cross-game stats integrated into a single stats profile
  • Detailed breakdown of stats on a per game, per map, per team or even per match level for any player
  • Achievements linked directly to in-game actions
  • Rich support for clans (aggregating clan stats from all members, both in total and average per player)
  • Leaderboards for both individuals and clans
  • Query interface for generating signature images / integrating into your own community website (example usage: host a competition and track scores based on game sessions in your own servers)
Server Deployment
Also in development is a new server deployment tool which will allow server hosts to install, update and manage their servers and the bots which are installed upon them. More details on this will be announced once they are available.

W3D Modding & Development

As you might expect from a community founded by modders, there will be a lot of modding related activity in the community.We will offer modding support to any individual or group who wants to work with the W3D engine, including tutorials, FAQs and forum based support for anything W3D.

In House Games
Popular W3D games *Tiberian Sun: Reborn*, *Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising* and *Battle for Dune* will be developed by our in-house development team.

Third Party Studios
Third party development studios will be welcome to apply for hosting on our services, including forum areas, access to our launcher system (including the ability to upload new versions and manage access to your test builds using W3D Hub user account groups) and integrating custom achievements in our stats system.As a hub of the W3D community we will provide all such services for free and aim to ensure that all of our services are impartial and treat third party studio content in exactly the same way as that of our own in house studio.

Sounds good , lets hope the ball starts rolling and the new stats system is implemented soon .

And what is " Battle For Dune " another project on W3D or what ?

yes, actually a very old mod, just less advertised because it has no public release yet.

http://www.moddb.com/games/battle-for-dune/images

Edited by rackz

sorry for going offtopic.

seems like BFD has really no advesrting. i myselfe didnt hear anything about it for a pretty long time (almost forgot about it) not even on other w3d communitys. there is so much quality work and there is much to show already. this really needs to be spread away more to motivate the devs again!

BFD is a very oldschool Renegade mod.

You most likely remember the very first team and version, RenBFD.

sorry for going offtopic.

seems like BFD has really no advesrting. i myselfe didnt hear anything about it for a pretty long time (almost forgot about it) not even on other w3d communitys. there is so much quality work and there is much to show already. this really needs to be spread away more to motivate the devs again!

Thank you for the compliment.

And yes, battle for Dune is has been in the making for almost as long as Apoc Rising but has had a smaller team. PR has always been up and down for it unfortunately.

Hello everybody.

I don't mind this, but I only wish I didn't have to create a new account. :'(

We did carry over the accounts from BHP initially, but they didn't like it so we removed them. Sorry man!

Hello everybody.

I don't mind this, but I only wish I didn't have to create a new account. :'(

We did carry over the accounts from BHP initially, but they didn't like it so we removed them. Sorry man!

Yeah, it's weird that some accounts carried over while others did not. Oh well...

I like the name. W3D is so nostalgic.