[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game I

VERTi60

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate/play RA: APB-themed Mafia Forum Game?

• Yes, at least once a month
    • Yes, at least once in a two weeks
    • Yes, anytime (even weekly)
    • Probably not, but maybe sometimes (I'm not sure yet)
    • Never
    • I would prefer chat version only (fast game)

I'm not sure how often I'm allowed to use this. My night action has a clearly defined use limit, but my day action does not. No better way to find out but try, I guess.

I feel like things are going to get real stupid real quick, so I'm going to try again while I wait for either Voe or triattack to respond.

##MINEFIELD Category5

Frankly I haven't been around much since we lynched last scum. I'd rather have the game end right now.

The fact that i failed to kill chaos right now makes it even worse. How are we supposed to get rid of him if we're out of guns and cannot lynch him?

Responding to you Cat5, I'm still not convinced about you. You have a protection role, granted, but wouldn't that mean your role didn't change since the blood moon? Or were you something else prior to that an i missed it?

Well regardless, we can't lynch camo and we can't lynch chaos. It leaves us two and triattack. What if we're the only town left, and the cult (if such exists) already has 2/5 members? What do we do?

Also I can protect tonight again. So I expect the night killer to go after me rather than risking a 50/50. Would be neat if someone else could also protect.

Oh and ##vote camo, maybe his role changed, too. Honestly I'm just really out of ideas. I thought i won this game.

I'm not sure how often I'm allowed to use this. My night action has a clearly defined use limit, but my day action does not. No better way to find out but try, I guess.

I feel like things are going to get real stupid real quick, so I'm going to try again while I wait for either Voe or triattack to respond.

##MINEFIELD Category5

[battle Action Result - SUCCESS] Category 5 Hurricane has layed down a minefield! All players attempting to attack Category 5 Hurricane this day will have to cross a minefield first - 50% weapon stuck/50% kill success.

Oh and ##vote camo, maybe his role changed, too. Honestly I'm just really out of ideas. I thought i won this game.

[Vote Counted] Voe voted Generalcamo to be lynched!

Time Left:

8 hours, 27 min, 19 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Chaos_Knight voted Voe

Generalcamo voted Voe

triattack voted nobody

Voe voted Generalcamo

3/5 votes casted so far

Voe has the most votes - 2

##vote Voe

[Day End] Voe has been HAMMERED with 3 votes!

Time Left:

7 hours, 59 min, 59 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Chaos_Knight voted Voe

Generalcamo voted Voe

triattack voted nobody

Voe voted Voe

3/5 votes casted so far

Voe has been HAMMERED with 3 votes!

[Day end will be updated]

post-14-1148300394.gif Lynch 7 Result

[Lynch Result - Success] Players have decided that Voe is going to be lynched today!
You have all gathered around Voe. He seems to be hiding inside a tank, so you needed some time to flush him out:
RDn2C82.png
As soon as he got out, he tried to escape, but got stopped just outside by base perimeter by mysterious force. Or was it just an ordinary anti personnel landmine?
0dUbRrv.png
Voe, the Soviet Heavy Tank (former captain), will not fight for Stalin anymore!

post-14-1148300394.gif NIGHT 7 - Game END

After the lynch, triattack went for a night watch before the sunset, but didn't expect this to happen. A wild Killer Mine Layer has appeared, completing his lust for annihilating everything... alive.
VoWAgIx.png

triattack, the soviet sniper (former infantry), was killed where he stood.

Category 5 Hurricane, the Killer Mine Layer (TP) being possessed by the evil spirit, in his vicious attempt to kill everything, has murdered all of his comrades and was victorious.

When the soviets returned to the abandoned base, they tried to discover what has happened here.

According to the high energy readings, it seems that Allies in their last attempt to change the course of the war for this vital outpost, used a device known to us as "chronosphere".

Although since we do not know what this device was suppose to do, the Allies didn't manage to change the outcome of the battle, but instead, they have changed everything else.

Ghosts of our fallen soldiers have returned and some of them possessed our finest assets, including Category 5's Mine Layer.

Even the MCT was possessed by a former General, which was then released from it. Although it seems all Ghosts of the past disappeared to their final resting place, for reasons unknown, but maybe because there was nothing else to resolve, or, the chronosphere effect was disappearing as well.

UQAupN3.png

Generalcamo, the FOI Ghost Soldier managed to put all things at rest.

Since the spirits have left the base, our engineers were able to restore it to the former state, removing all of the effects of the mysterious force of chronosphere.

And thus Allies, even in their last attempt to change things, have failed once again.

And so, long live the heroes of our motherland, for our cause will prevail!

Soviets have won!

Who else we forgot?

Oh yea, there is a funny looking tree in the base. Nobody bloody knows how it got there, but it maybe a glitch some mapper forgot to fix.
Seems like Chopbam was laying off the job, no chop, no bam, no fix.
VTK0MnA.png

post-14-1148300394.gif Player & Game Information

Game Winners:
Category 5 Hurricane, the Killer Mine Layer (Mystery 1), has been altered back to its former state - Soviet Mine layer and is victorious!

triattack, the Soviet Sniper (former infantry), is victorious!
Voe, the Soviet Heavy Tank (former Captain), is victorious!
Nodlied, the Soviet Flamethrower (former infantry), is victorious!
Fraydo, the Soviet Soviet Starshina (which got paranoid), is victorious!
Generalcamo, the former Ghost occupying the Soviet MCT (Custom 1), is victorious!
Chaos_Knight, the Floating Rainbow Tree (Custom 2) (former RPG trooper), is victorious!
Congratulations to Allies as well:
iLikeToSnipe, the FOI Ghost Soldier (Bonus 1) (former Allied Engineer)
One Winged Angel, the Allied APC
Mojoman, the Allied Spy
Player Role Infos:
VJqs8lc.png
Don't forget to check out the DOCS, as there is more information to the game, as well as some of the funny moments!

post-14-1148300394.gif Game Log

00Phx4d.png

(click for large)

But seriously, town rocked this game. We were also terribly, terribly, lucky, as even when we were right about scum, we were actually just getting the right answer by coincidence (see OWA lynch, night kill wasn't stopped, it was actually not sent)

And believe it or not, I did not request the Mine Layer role. I was first told about the game just as I was going to bed, and the game was to start before I woke up. I just told VERTi to assign me a role.

Then, when the "second phase" started, I was given the option to insta-end the game. I'm sorry. Frankly, that's what I wanted to do, but I could see VERT's desire to have the game continue as it was over absurdly early, so I accepted on the condition that the game would be considered a town win regardless of what happens. (He may have been planning that in the first place, I have no idea, but I wanted to be sure)

And believe it or not, I did not request the Mine Layer role. I was first told about the game just as I was going to bed, and the game was to start before I woke up. I just told VERTi to assign me a role.

Then, when the "second phase" started, I was given the option to insta-end the game. I'm sorry. Frankly, that's what I wanted to do, but I could see VERT's desire to have the game continue as it was over absurdly early, so I accepted on the condition that the game would be considered a town win regardless of what happens. (He may have been planning that in the first place, I have no idea, but I wanted to be sure)

You had the Mystery role (although not that different from the original custom role ML that was used on BHP)

Custom roles were Camo's MCT, Ghosts and Chaos' FRTree. Some of the actions of the custom roles were modified though from the original to balance them a bit.

You were amazing this game. You picked up scum or 3rd party with all of your interrogations, stopping potential night kills 4 times. You stopped iLTS from getting a potential extra kill (though it would not have happened anyway), then stopped OWA from gettiing a kill when he was supposed to (though he forgot to send it in anyway), stopped Mojoman from doing a kill (even though he didn't actually order one), and then stopped me from doing so (even though I canceled my night kill for a number of reasons.)

Seriously. That's amazing. And an incredible waste. You stopped 4 potential killers, all of whom would have failed to kill anyway, and then by sheer coincidence, correctly labeled all but me as scum. I think you just wasted all your mafia luck for the rest of your life in one game.

Edited by Category 5 Hurricane

I'm sure it was easy to believe that the ghosts were the ones doing the kills. Afterall, 2/3rds of you came out of the gate hostile towards us. Hell, I was concerned about getting targeted and seriously considered protecting myself rather than making a kill on the first night after you appeared.

It's fun to note that I pretty much had big cases ready to post for all scum (plus triattack who was scummy at times, minus iLTS, which was a roadkill in itself). It's just that I usually got home long after the day started and noticed that the lynches were already well underway. :v So I guess I'm correct to assume that Town completely wrecked scum, both by sheer luck, the usage of meta and action results, and normal scum hunting methods.

I was rather pissed at the second phase though (read the dead doc to see my rant), it felt more like a punishment for having done a job well done (steamrolling scum).

The fact that we didn't manage to really track down Cat5 had to do with stubbornness, lack of time and the appearance of undead (in a verti game - go figure) of whom two thirds, while completely neutral, acted hostile.

I'm sure it was easy to believe that the ghosts were the ones doing the kills. Afterall, 2/3rds of you came out of the gate hostile towards us. Hell, I was concerned about getting targeted and seriously considered protecting myself rather than making a kill on the first night after you appeared.

The fact that we didn't manage to really track down Cat5 had to do with stubbornness, lack of time and the appearance of undead (in a verti game - go figure) of whom two thirds, while completely neutral, acted hostile.

Just an observation - scum acts hostile only when they have either nothing to lose or are very close to victory (even my Necros from DS acted friendly at first :p). Ghosts acted hostile because they've found you hostile (they knew one of you might be scum - see dead doc). On the false pretenses, town got distracted believing that if somebody is hostile it means they simply must be hostile...

hTdulRG.png

1949703_1314933749091.53res_420_236.jpg

I had a feeling it was a setup, and sure enough it was. You suck.

(Well played, man :p)

For my first-time, things went rather well. Scum got properly rekt and this "second phase" had to be added just 'cause town was that good. I share Nodlied's frustration with that continuation. Town absolutely steamrolled scum.

Well played everyone, this was fun! Good playing with you all! :D

Well, it was a both a setup to make sure you didn't investigate me, and also sound advice. You did get false results twice, afterall. It is generally accepted mafia meta that if you are a cop, you should investigate yourself first, because you could otherwise spend the entire game misleading yourself.

As an outside observer, never continue a game just because it was over too early. Tends to feel BS for the players. Better to start a new game from scratch than just go hog wild trying to fix what ain't broken.

There were reasons to this.

I decided that I'm not running next game with floating rainbow trees and ghosts which players suggested me to have during the game :p I rather used those things in a game where it doesn't matter as much (e.g. troll roles where town wins anyways)

Also Cat5 had the mystery role since beginning, I just didn't want the TP to be active along with so many new players together with mafia at the same time - it could mean both town and allied loss.

The condition to activate TP was that town must have at least half of the population alive when last allied dies, and, as Cat5 reveladed, he had the option to END the game whenever he liked.

There was no reason since the second phase turned out to be more interesting than expected, and it didn't drag the game for too long either.

Next game when? :dance:

Next game will be announced either this Friday or this weekend and it will most likely be scheduled for next weekend, or the weekend after it (but before Easter).

It's not gonna be a classic forum game though, but the chat version on our W3D Teamspeak.

Specific time for the game will be crucial so I'll let players decide when they are available during the weekend or if we need to make two sessions.

Some of you would prefer this version, because it will be short and very simple.

You may find the chat version quite different, maybe more challenging too.

Here's the main attributes for example:

• Short 10 minute phases - meaning there will be no place for lurking (quiet players are hammered usually), manufacturing large cases, no way to go back and quote large amounts of texts, backtracking all the time. Players will need to be vigilant, look for slips and leads on the spot and make quick decisions. It's almost as real life! :p
  • No lore or additional content/objectives - the game is simplified to "find and lynch scum or die trying", there is no time to develop additional content or create a backstory. Game is concentrated on the game-play itself. All actions will have to be typed out in chat still, but the game is truly driven by the players, what they talk about. There are no outside influences or mid-game inventions, bonus stages, anything. Everything has tight rules and simple flow of things.
  • Less Power Roles (or PRs) - to make the game go smooth and make the actions resolve faster (especially PPs), there are less Power Roles. All day actions are one time use for the whole game. PP actions are also semi limited, you will have to be careful with frequency and/or max amount. Voting is more important in this setting then actions, but on the other hand a well played action can make a bigger difference then.
  • More adrenaline - you will notice that while playing a chat game your adrenaline will go high, so most of the players will play either more aggressive or make more mistakes. It needs a bit of a concentration to play casually. On the other hand this tension creates many funny moments and the game can also turn into a laugh fest.
  • Instant resolving - you don't have to wait for the GM to resolve something when he's available, all actions are resolved within seconds. Plan actions are also resolved within few minutes so there is no time to "change plans". Everything done is done and there is no way back, even if a mistake is done.
  • More games - if one game ends too short there is an option to start another one immediately instead if players like to.

Next Forum game version will be announced before Easter.

Geezus, i played a lot of Town of Salem but this version is very complicated for me o_o I'll see what i can learn and then inform if im willing to join or not.

It's essentially same, just imagine soviet base instead of the village, RA:APB soldiers and units instead of town and scum members and their appropriate roles. Also since we have battle units, all units have at least one RNG based battle action along their night/plan actions to make it more interesting.

The OP explains all other little details.