[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

20 hours ago, Voe said:

I still don't get how Jeod assumed that Nodlied had the death note. 

Do you carefully read everything I outlined earlier? It's quite clear. I assumed Nodlied had something on Day 2, but it was only after Misa's apprehension that I began to assume it was a notebook.

19 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I can see there being very circumstantial evidence. Nothing I would bet on, though. Something's fishy about Nodlied, but if he was that deep down the rabbit hole I have a hard time believing he'd act as he has, both incidentally and deliberately, and cast as much attention on himself as he has.

The same could be said of me re: "Jeod's a Shinigami".

18 hours ago, Nodlied said:

As I said before, I don't think we should risk entering the debtnote as I fear for a possible corruption when somebody opens that thing.

I think you know more than you're letting on. I don't think it should be opened either, but for different reasons. I don't fear corruption because if Mojoman opens it up, he probably can't pass it the same night. All we have to do is track him and find out what happens. As for why I don't want it opened--I'd prefer it confiscated because that's the goal of the game.

15 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

You know, there's a very common and extremely obvious n00b trap scum can do in normal games. Claim cop/doc and wait for the fool to counterclaim so that you could kill them later. This might be a similar case.

Bonus points: If Jeod is Shinigami he can do this trick safely, as even if actual N called him out and then died to Kira... what can WE do to a Shinigami? We can't even investigate or spy on him for that matter.

Grasping at straws. First, I'm not claiming any sort of power role. I don't have actions like you do. Second, I would have to know that N exists in the game from the start in order to set an obvious trap like that.

1 hour ago, Voe said:

I can see it this way: either jeod is a shinishitfest and gives away death notes,  giving the first one to Nodlied (and thus the certainty he has one) and the second to Mojoman. Or, chaos and Nodlied are indeed both scum and jeod is sincere and caught it early on. Problems arise where i think about it an realise that Mojoman certainly isn't scum as he claimed the possesion. In this case, why didn't Nodlied? Is he a bad guy? But if he is,  why is jeod trying to frame him? Doesn't jeod know who the other scum mates are?

There is another interesting thing. Jeod wants the note confiscated badly. Chaos wants to open it. Why such a great difference in opinion? Do you both have your own agendas? Does jeod steal the note when confiscated? Or does chaos gain some powers when one is used? Some food for thought. 

I do believe CK and Nodlied can be scum partners, but it bothers me that they buddy so hard early on. Doesn't add up to me. I called it out when I saw it because creating a blind alliance is super dumb, but Nodlied isn't the type to cozy up to his partner so openly. I would know.

55 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

I have my own means, 1 time use tho. :p

##propose suspicion Voe 50

The thing about confiscating is, if someone is given access to L's stuff he can steal stuff or release a prisoner. That I found out last night (since there was stuff to steal and a prisoner to release). I spent my action to spy on Nodlied (confirmed by him) but yeah, stealing is a possibility.

That's good to know, but if you're thinking I might steal the notebook if it's confiscated, too bad. That requires majority trust points, which Orange currently has.

7 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Do you carefully read everything I outlined earlier? It's quite clear. I assumed Nodlied had something on Day 2, but it was only after Misa's apprehension that I began to assume it was a notebook.

Grasping at the straws. This is Nodlied exact quote:

On 01.03.2017 at 3:51 PM, Nodlied said:

Also, did any of you wankers visit me tonight? If so, could you please tell me?

So he was visited. By someone. Stop playing dumb and "forgetting" that we have more than 1 type of visiting action in mafia/forum games :p

Oh well, what else to expect from a Shinigami than to mislead people?

12 minutes ago, Jeod said:

The same could be said of me re: "Jeod's a Shinigami".

Let's see.
- You were investigated with a funny result.
- My spy action on you failed completely.
- You lie and lie and lie.
Yep, TOTALLY not a single reason to push on you to at least make sure people don't trust you as we don't seem to be able to deal with you in any other way.

14 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Grasping at straws. First, I'm not claiming any sort of power role. I don't have actions like you do. Second, I would have to know that N exists in the game from the start in order to set an obvious trap like that.

- Claims N.
- Seems to be completely safe from all and any actions against him so even if it all misfires, he loses nothing.
- "I am not a power role, bruh! Just a "Tree Stump", ya know!".
Yea, right.

17 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I do believe CK and Nodlied can be scum partners, but it bothers me that they buddy so hard early on. Doesn't add up to me. I called it out when I saw it because creating a blind alliance is super dumb, but Nodlied isn't the type to cozy up to his partner so openly. I would know.

Nodlied and I have a long history of games, including several forum ones which put us through a pretty heavy trust check if you wish (see: THG RPG when we both had to perform the same action to win as a team, and if only one of us did it, the other would've won).
We might be getting a bit too comfy yet we are also well-aware that the other one might be an enemy. But after all, if you don't attempt to get close and study, how are you gonna find out if someone is a friend or foe? :p

23 minutes ago, Jeod said:

That's good to know, but if you're thinking I might steal the notebook if it's confiscated, too bad. That requires majority trust points, which Orange currently has.

You? Most likely not.

##propose suspicion Jeod 50

Your master/parthner/whatever on the other hand? We are yet to find out who it might be. Cat5 is a likely candidate but we don't have anything confirmed just yet.

Chaos, forgive me but allow me to play devil's advocate for a quick second: If Jeod was working with Kira, isn't it possible that Kira would want the attention on Jeod rather than sniffing them out?

33 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Chaos, forgive me but allow me to play devil's advocate for a quick second: If Jeod was working with Kira, isn't it possible that Kira would want the attention on Jeod rather than sniffing them out?

And I would agree with you.

This is why I never suggested voting him again and here even said that we should concentrate on finding Jeod's partner/master/etc:

On 02.03.2017 at 1:46 AM, Chaos_Knight said:

What I am trying to find is whom is he working with. After all, I am fairly sure that he knows who Kira is and can probably communicate with that person.

But it just kept on devolving into Jeod's debate over and over.

4 hours ago, Voe said:

##vote chaos_knight

[Vote Counted] Voe voted Chaos_Knight to be lynched!

4 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] Chaos_Knight voted Voe to be lynched!

2 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

##propose suspicion Voe 50

Chaos_Knight proposed 50 Suspicion Points to Voe!

1 hour ago, Killing You said:

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Voe to be lynched!

50 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

##propose suspicion Jeod 50

Chaos_Knight proposed 50 Suspicion Points to Jeod!

hHLhK9W.png

Wow, after a quiet yesterday, this morning is quite explosive eh? I'll attempt to respond by using a variety of tabs open at once and see if quotes cooperate :p Bit first, some general stuff.

On the subject of Voe:  I think he's angling town. He may be doing a pretty... 'provocative' job of it, and might technically be the third party Rem, as we've discussed many times previously, but I definitely think he can be an *asset* to the cause. Hell, I even think letting him have the ability to doc with people is a good idea as it might let him pull some tricks in our advantage, but I won't waste my points on insisting on that right now, as I'm likely not in the majority opinion there. Still, as far as voting goes, I think it would either be a waste of time due to shinigaminess or that it would be counter productive to finding the scum.

5 hours ago, Voe said:

I can see it this way: either jeod is a shinishitfest and gives away death notes,  giving the first one to Nodlied (and thus the certainty he has one) and the second to Mojoman. Or, chaos and Nodlied are indeed both scum and jeod is sincere and caught it early on. Problems arise where i think about it an realise that Mojoman certainly isn't scum as he claimed the possesion. In this case, why didn't Nodlied? Is he a bad guy? But if he is,  why is jeod trying to frame him? Doesn't jeod know who the other scum mates are?

There is another interesting thing. Jeod wants the note confiscated badly. Chaos wants to open it. Why such a great difference in opinion? Do you both have your own agendas? Does jeod steal the note when confiscated? Or does chaos gain some powers when one is used? Some food for thought. 

On the subject of Jeod. He's suspicious, yes, but I chalk that up to just how he is. He's definitely got some weirdness going on, but I *highly* doubt no matter what else he is that he's actually handing out Death Notes. Yeah, Ryuk tosses them around like candy in the series, but for the purposes of this game that just seems antithetical to any rational or coherent goal structure. IMO there are two people out there who started with a Death Note, at least, and neither of them are Jeod. Honestly, I don't believe Cat 5 when he said he didn't have a Death Note, because if Misa didn't touch one why is Rem here?

If Jeod's a shinigami he's Sidoh, who just wants his note back. That's not anti-town, though it likely would impair our ability to get at Kira, and therefore shouldn't be something we do if we can help it even if it isn't fatal for us. Is Jeod Near? Honestly, I have no idea on that. I don't think it's a scum trap though. I see how that'd work, and I don't think conditions right now are right for a player to be pulling that.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

They're suspicious too, but while theories put against them make sense, we don't have much solid on them, unfortunately. What I'd like to see is some independent reasoning by one or the other. Trusting people is fine, but subsumed is not. If they're town they should demonstrate they aren't shackled to each other, and if they're scum then at least we can tell who's threat number one and who's the lackey. Problem being, we can't exactly just up and tell them to argue about something without a suitable prompt. That's not how anything works. Really the only way we'd have is to let them both doc and then have a third party interview each seperately, though in this game if they've docced with each other they could still cheat. Can't pull off the prisoner's dilemma in this setup :\

3 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

- Claims N.
- Seems to be completely safe from all and any actions against him so even if it all misfires, he loses nothing.
- "I am not a power role, bruh! Just a "Tree Stump", ya know!".
Yea, right.

The classic 'backup' role is pretty well documented, and I'm at least willing to believe that's a possibility. Vanilla Townie with investigation immunity until L dies. IF he is telling the truth.

2 hours ago, Killing You said:

Well, that's fair. I suppose we could ignore him, it's not like he can do anything anyway with enough suspicion points to make Jesus look guilty.

This and what KY also said about people being a diversion. I agree on a broader scale. I think the loudest people here are all trying to draw attention from *something*, though they're not all batting for the same team so to speak.

2 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Would it be a waste to investigate Cat5 again? What if the notebook falls back into his hands?

I think theoretically he could get it back, but he wouldn't get it back *this fast*, as since he was in jail nobody could hand him anything last night pretty sure.

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

Also I want to see Nodlied have more trust than Orange, whom I know next to nothing about.

*sarcastic thanks* :v

19 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

*sarcastic thanks* :v

Just business! Nothing personal. :v

I agree with you about Voe and Jeod, although I now disagree about the suspiciousness of CK and Nodlied in "buddying up." I called them both out on this earlier and they each allow for the possibility that the other is scum. They just didn't make this clear at first.

10 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Just business! Nothing personal. :v

I agree with you about Voe and Jeod, although I now disagree about the suspiciousness of CK and Nodlied in "buddying up." I called them both out on this earlier and they each allow for the possibility that the other is scum. They just didn't make this clear at first.

A few brief words is not all it takes to sate the people's curiosity though ;)

Chaos must feel super threatened as he votes AND gives me suspicion immediately after i brought the spotlight to him. I think he might hold a deathnote himself, and with his advice for mojo to open it i am scared. ##propose suspicion chaos 57, or however much i have remaining. I dont like how he was completely ignoring me when i dumped all my points on jeod, but when questioned, suddenly a complete change of pace. Also, how on earth would he use an action to get points while investigating a person? Can't do two at the same time. He might be a thief. 

Btw the chaos nodlied killingyou and chopbam axis is worrying now how they throw Orange, jeod and me into the same basket.

The special L abilities might work differently. I'll admit, he's suspicious, but at the same time, according to canon at least, just touching and reading a death note isn't going to make anything bad happen. Granted, nobody has died, so there's likely nothing really in the Death Note to give us clues anyway.

Also chopbam supports chaos and Nodlied, whom we know completely nothing about. They are clearly buddying up, and chaos clearly has special powers hes not disclosing. Why are we letting that happen without finding out who they are? 

I do think we need kind of a perspective shift. People are focusing on reasons to *distrust* people, but we've seen a critical lack of reasons to give *trust* instead. That's why Chop is in the clear so much, because he's really been the only one who's done anything more than musing that appears to be trust worthy. For every right point Nod and CK have about Jeod or Voe, I can't help but think "yeah, but what have YOU done?" They've not been sketchy enough to make me vote for them, but they've not done anything trustworthy enough to make me not want to vote for them either. Fortunately for them, the lack of a reason to vote against is not reason to vote for, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Voe said:

Because im not trolling atm. I got immersed against my will, so to speak.

Are you able to disclose the nature of this at all?

2 minutes ago, Voe said:

Also chopbam supports chaos and Nodlied, whom we know completely nothing about. They are clearly buddying up, and chaos clearly has special powers hes not disclosing. Why are we letting that happen without finding out who they are? 

That's a good point. However, I don't recall Choppy expressing the level of trust for Chaos that he did for Nodlied. If anything, it's possible Chaos is Kira and Nodlied is simply a pawn.

As a matter of fact, I've never been 100% on board with him being town. His stories have checked out, but his behavior has been suspicious. Particularly his tunnelling Jeod long after it had been declared a fruitless effort.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I do think we need kind of a perspective shift. People are focusing on reasons to *distrust* people, but we've seen a critical lack of reasons to give *trust* instead. That's why Chop is in the clear so much, because he's really been the only one who's done anything more than musing that appears to be trust worthy. For every right point Nod and CK have about Jeod or Voe, I can't help but think "yeah, but what have YOU done?" They've not been sketchy enough to make me vote for them, but they've not done anything trustworthy enough to make me not want to vote for them either. Fortunately for them, the lack of a reason to vote against is not reason to vote for, IMO.

This is a very good point. Although, the fact that Mojo just came out and said, "Yeah I have the notebook" should be reason enough to trust him.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Nodlied and chaos play a complete reactive game. They react to jeods investigation, they react to cat5, they react to posts. There is nothing either came up with themselves. Neither of the investigation subjects was their idea. They go through and then shit on everyone who disagrees. This is why i trust Orange, hes proactive. And that is why i think we should imvrstigate chaos.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

This is a very good point. Although, the fact that Mojo just came out and said, "Yeah I have the notebook" should be reason enough to trust him.

Yeah, forgot about Mojo (sorry Mojo). Before that he was actually pretty high on my suspicion list, but that changed everything.

Oh yeah and Mojoman. I trust those two. I dont trust cat5 though, he doesn't seem to understand my objective towards him.