[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

As for my aim here, I do not consider Shinigami a threat. I will agree with CK that it's likely their goal is to get X kills from the notebook or even ensure the notebook reaches the 'intended' owner. I've said before that of the three Shinigami that might exist in this game, and it's unlikely all three are present, the following might be their goals:

Ryuk - Have X kills from the Death Note. Ryuk as a character started the whole series because he was bored. This makes sense because he needs his boredom satisfied.

Rem - Protect Misa Amane. Rem's a complicated backstory, but she needs Misa Amane to be protected due to a life debt to her friend. Rem's role would only exist if Misa also existed. Otherwise, there is no point.

Sidoh - Sidoh is the original owner of the Death Note that Ryuk stole, which was given to Light. He just wants his notebook back, man. Of the three Shinigami, Sidoh is the most independent and the least dangerous to us, because he is not dependent on other players.

So again, not a direct threat. None of them care if L wins or Light wins. If any of them are to be considered a threat, it would be Ryuk since he would encourage use of the Death Note. However, since none of them can be killed or investigated, it makes sense that they're not the direct threat.

Of course Jeod doesn't like the spot he's in, who would?

I almost feel sorry for him.

Let's investigate cat5. ##vote cat5

3 minutes ago, Voe said:

Of course Jeod doesn't like the spot he's in, who would?

I almost feel sorry for him.

Let's investigate cat5. ##vote cat5

I don't think he's our culprit. He's too confused and in an "I don't really care about this game yet" state.

20 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I don't think he's our culprit. He's too confused and in an "I don't really care about this game yet" state.

Mojoman, on the other hand, this is the first game I've played with him that he actually seems to care about.

You know, Jeod. It's quite funny. First you oppose me, now you agree with me but try to nudge stuff in a way that Shinigami shouldn't be considered an actual threat. And tbh I have to agree with that. If source material is any indication. BUT they might have their own interest in making sure Kira kills/escapes/passes the Note/etc.

The point of tunneling you and the whole Shinigami discussion wasn't to try and waste investigations on you. Tbh I didn't even consider spending my points on this leave alone a vote. If you really are a Shinigami it all would be a wasted time and effort anyway. The point of my assault on you was to make it clear why people should not trust and/or let you herd them up and direct the game. Like you tend to do, ya know :p 

There, as blunt as it can possibly be.

5 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Mojoman, on the other hand, this is the first game I've played with him that he actually seems to care about.

Don't even remind me about the time when he and I lost to you... because he couldn't be bothered to vote. Ah, good times.

Though his last few posts seemed kinda more of 1-liners rather than anything. So idk, he might be returning to the original state of semi-indifference.

So looking at the playing field, I'd say Jeod is not a threat one way or another. If he's N, he'll come into play later and will be more important down the line. As for the time skip thing, flavor would take care of that. If he's a Shinigami, he made a good flow chart. I'd say that he wouldn't be entirely trustworthy, but at the moment he's not a threat. Either way, let's keep an eye on Jeod for the time being just in case.

Chaos_Knight and Nodlied seem to be teaming up, but I don't see this as a bad thing, as those two make a strong team no matter what. CK seems deadset on the idea that I'm Kira and Jeod is a Shinigami. I don't blame him for following this line of thinking, but I have to ask a couple of things:

1. You seem to have ignored me when I explain the few things you pointed out as "slips." Why is that?
2. If I was working with Jeod, why would I throw him under the bus?

In any case, tempting as it is to build a "revenge-case" against CK, there isn't one to be made. Even if he's got the wrong target in mind, he's behaving like a town player. I think he's in the clear. In fact, I'll help him out a little bit.

##propose trust Chaos_Knight 15

Mojoman, Voe, and Category 5 Hurricane are my prime suspects.

-Mojoman has been fairly active, but the thing that stands out to me is the fact that he gave Voe trust, and then asked if anyone noticed. Seems to me like he may have been testing the waters. And with his activity dieing down, I wonder if he made sure that people weren't too suspicious of him before trying to stay out of the spotlight. I don't think this should go unnoticed.

-Voe is behaving oddly for sure. I can't get a read on him, and I do wonder what's going on. Frankly, though, I'm more interested in who he is and what sort of craziness he may think has happened, or whatever he's saying.

-Cat5 hasn't been very active. Sure, he may not have his head entirely in the game, but the one time Cat5 was scum, he sat back and let people hash things out until he was able to build a near-bulletproof case. Any other time I've played with him, he's always been front and center with the psychoanalysis no matter what. The fact that he's been relatively inactive worries me.

##vote Cat5

4 minutes ago, Killing You said:

CK seems deadset on the idea that I'm Kira and Jeod is a Shinigami

Nah, I am just certain that Jeod is Shinigami. Everything else is debatable.

##unvote

Your slips just looked pretty interesting at the time, not going to lie but IMO there's plenty of potential Kira candidates.

ChopBam had a slip also about Kira instantly learning someone's name if invited to the doc conversation. It wasn't even a suggestion/theory but looked more of a straight up stated fact. Wouldn't be the first time he makes up stuff either.
FRAYDO is a mystery. With activity level he could be a flying spagetti monster for all I know.
Cat5... hm. Hard to say really. He's less active, yes, but he's also salty at Vert. Very much so even.
Voe is an oddball. Wouldn't be the first time he plays fool in public to dampen everyone's attention either.
Mojoman has a declining activity. Seems odd that he was so talkative earlier but then switched to 1-liners which don't even seem to pay attention to the current situation (see his last vote)
Orange is a new person. I have no knowledge of him or his play styles. He gives me good vibes but he also seems to play everything WAY too safe.
Hell, for all I know, Nodlied might be plotting something and only wants to form his alliance on the basis of "I like you, I'll kill you last" or whatever.

You know, come to think of it, I suspect everyone. >_>

But my best bets right now would be Chopbam, Voe and Mojo.

46 minutes ago, Killing You said:

-Mojoman has been fairly active, but the thing that stands out to me is the fact that he gave Voe trust, and then asked if anyone noticed. Seems to me like he may have been testing the waters. And with his activity dieing down, I wonder if he made sure that people weren't too suspicious of him before trying to stay out of the spotlight. I don't think this should go unnoticed.

I noticed and he did not notice I noticed and did not notice that I noticed him asking if we noticed either :(

Anywho, I'd be agreeable to investigating the inactive people. As per usual I don't want to commit too hard to anything without solid evidence. I don't have anything against Cat 5, but seeing what he is would be interesting. I'd lump FRAYDO into the same reasons. I agree with the suspicions against Mojo, too. Voe... yeah... but for some reason I think we'd get more questions than answers, and someone else is definitely pulling the strings, so no there.

That said, I don't think we're at a tie right now, so I can sit back and still be indecisive :v (The CVC repost, while helpful, wasn't up to date btw I'm pretty sure). If we get back into a tie situation I'll break the tie, but it's just for want of being productive, and shouldn't be taken as wanting to throw anyone to the wolves.

18 hours ago, Mojoman said:

##Vote_Nodlied

[Vote Counted] Mojoman voted Nodlied to be lynched!

1 hour ago, Voe said:

##vote cat5

[Vote Counted] Voe voted Category 5 Hurricane to be lynched!       

34 minutes ago, Killing You said:

trust Chaos_Knight 15

##vote Cat5

Killing You proposed 15 Trust Points to Chaos_Knight!

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Category 5 Hurricane to be lynched!

10 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

##unvote

[Vote Cancelled] Chaos_Knight cancelled his/her vote on Killing You!

IBMnyxH.png

5 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I'm still partial to CK and Nodlied monopolizing the trust points especially after ChopBam gave useful information.

##propose suspicion Chaos Knight 13

Heh, you are becoming predictable. I ain't even surprised.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Did we ever ask if having too much suspicion cancels out getting the special L power from most trust?

That is something we'll find out soon enough I think.

21 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

Heh, you are becoming predictable. I ain't even surprised.

That is something we'll find out soon enough I think.

Again outright ignoring ChopBam's info. You're just as predictable.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Speaking of, at this rate, the only people who will be able to start docs are ChopBam and Nodlied.

Precisely. It's as if they don't want us to communicate that way.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Speaking of, at this rate, the only people who will be able to start docs are ChopBam and Nodlied.

Not only that, they'd be the only ones being able to talk to each other. xD

On 28.02.2017 at 3:00 AM, VERTi60 said:

Only Players that have gained more Trust than Suspicion can invite and accept other Players to doc communication. Players will be able to stay and discuss until one of them decides to leave. Please note that there are also risks visiting someone, so be aware who you accept to meet. You can only accept during the night, not next day.

You know what? Let the people talk! At least ones at 0/0

##propose trust Killing_You 2
##propose trust FRAYDO 2
##propose trust Mojoman 2
##propose trust Cat5 2
##propose trust Orange 2

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I've been trying to block CK. Granting trust points to ChopBam wouldn't have solved anything unless everyone else did the same.

Eh, red herring. I mean you could have just *not* done anything, or gifted the points to someone else. After all, I don't think CK is who ChopBam needs to talk to anyway, but there are (were) lots of people at 0 trust who are blocked as it stands (stood).

2 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

You know what? Let the people talk! At least ones at 0/0

Thanks. For what it's worth, I think if you have doc open and your points change balance the doc stays open though. (Just speculation I don't know.)

For some reason I read it as the players with the most trust points at the end of a day could talk at night. That one is my bad and it sort of screws with my line of thinking. However, CK and Nodlied still monopolize the market unless we choose to pile the trust on a single player.

Like I said, on the fence. I'll admit, I'm not the most comfortable with L's power going to CK, yet at the same time, of the 3 people closest, I'm not comfortable and/or confident enough in them to warrant the expenditure of resources to change it. ChopBam would be the "most" trustworthy alternative (IMO), but still, I'm not quite sure what his angle is so I'm not sure I'd want to hand it over. Voe, in distant 5th with trust, gets a 'lol no' assessment for that. Everyone else is far enough down we'd have to spend *a lot* to put them in the running, but for completeness' sake, Cat 5 and FRAYDO too inactive/mysterious for the job, Mojo has minor suspicion IMO the same as the top level candidates, and that just leaves myself and KY. Obviously I think very highly of myself, but I can't ask you guys to share that sentiment ;) I'd actually be fine with giving it to KY, but I think others haven't felt as rosy about his analysis as I have, and he's also down here at the bottom, so...

Yeah... summary again is I'm not exactly happy with the trust levels, but don't feel as if we can (right now, on Day 2) justify throwing our proposal points to the wind to 'correct' that.

Oh and my one liners aren't not paying attention to the situation. Nodlied was pushing Jeod way too hard for my liking, he doesn't need to put an actual vote on Jeod again if he just paints a big target on his back. Which seems to have worked since you're all still talking about him.