[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I have no role besides the one attached to the SpyGlass. I've basically already full claimed, given that I've talked about my SpyGlass and what it does, revealed my nationality, and I've told you every action I've taken.

Can you remind me what the spyglass does? It's a tracking tool right? The problem with that claim is that we already have Jeod as tracker and CK (now confirmed by you via evidence). It just doesn't go together that town has 3 trackers. Or something is not adding up.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

I was already confirmed Town by Jeod and through the PM ordeal, I'd rather not put a target on my back.

I need some more info on this (I skipped two days and some other parts too due to time limits).

Just now, VERTi60 said:

I need some more info on this (I skipped two days and some other parts too due to time limits).

Jeod was a Follower type Tracker, so he could see the action performed by his target. He saw my action and through it determined me to be Town. I don't remember where exactly, but it was around page 7-ish I think.

Spyglass allows the user to see if the person has any evidence, and cat5 added today it moves said evidence to the vault.

Speaking of which, does anyone actually have "carries evidence" section in their PM as a yes? Spyglass might only work on previously discovered evidence.

Jeod previous tracked irish doing something. Since his ability uncovered the action, but not target, we can be reasonably sure in Jeod's intuitions. Irish also puts too much emphasis on the wording of our objective in the PM because it makes him seem smart. In reality it doesn't deal with the Nodlied differing the wording slightly (my objective has an additional word).

4 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Jeod was a Follower type Tracker, so he could see the action performed by his target. He saw my action and through it determined me to be Town. I don't remember where exactly, but it was around page 7-ish I think.

He was actually suspicious of you on pages 6-7, even voted for you. :p

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Spyglass allows the user to see if the person has any evidence, and cat5 added today it moves said evidence to the vault.

Speaking of which, does anyone actually have "carries evidence" section in their PM as a yes? Spyglass might only work on previously discovered evidence.

I wanted cat5 to re-confirm it, though. Oh well. Are you carrying evidence Retal btw? I have no such section btw.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Jeod previous tracked irish doing something. Since his ability uncovered the action, but not target, we can be reasonably sure in Jeod's intuitions. Irish also puts too much emphasis on the wording of our objective in the PM because it makes him seem smart. In reality it doesn't deal with the Nodlied differing the wording slightly (my objective has an additional word).

So Jeod didn't say what exactly? He seemed to be suspicious of Irish.

Right, it's not a tracker role. In a way, I guess I'm an evidence thief, as I search a person, and if they have evidence, it goes to the vault. I don't know the limitations on the role. Since I never found anything, I don't know if evidence needs to be known before I can find it, or what?

It was a pretty sudden shift that happened on Day 3? I can look for the lists jeod made before he died where he basically said he knows Irish's role.

Are you sure you don't have a section on evidence? It's the last part of my PM and I didn't notice it was there until last night.

On 8/9/2017 at 1:14 AM, Jeod said:

Alright, here we go:

01. Jeod – Took item from vault, tracked Irish
02. Mojoman – Contacted Cat5; has colt and telephone, unusable
03. Fraydo – Locked up
04. OrangeP47 – No evidence, probably not thief
05. TheIrishman – Jeod confirmed action
06. Cat5 - Victim
07. Chaos_Knight
08. Killing_You
09. Retaliation – Said he has unusable actions/items just like Mojo (but before Mojo was known to him)
10. Verti60

I am the tracker. I chose to keep my ability hidden and tack it onto Mojoman, but now that there are no nightkills, and that I've narrowed down our suspects, I feel safer to come out in the open.

As a final test, if one of CK, KY, or Verti can tell me what item I now have in my possession (it was lying in the vault, and it's not the spyglass), then they might be able to be eliminated from the list.

Ok reminder here. (sorry for my memory lost, it's 4 am now for me with two nights without sleep)

Something I've noticed that I want to mention, both of the tracking events that Chaos has claimed to do, involved someone visiting OrangeP47. If OrangeP47 has some sort of self-watcher role, and Chaos is also scum, Chaos would still be able to know this information without being a tracker.

Don't really believe this is the case, but I want to mention it is possible, so Chaos isn't technically proven yet.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Something I've noticed that I want to mention, both of the tracking events that Chaos has claimed to do, involved someone visiting OrangeP47. If OrangeP47 has some sort of self-watcher role, and Chaos is also scum, Chaos would still be able to know this information without being a tracker.

Don't really believe this is the case, but I want to mention it is possible, so Chaos isn't technically proven yet.

But didn't you just claim that his evidence is fake? So is it possible that scum planted fake evidence on themselves?

Just now, VERTi60 said:

But didn't you just claim that his evidence is fake? So is it possible that scum planted fake evidence on themselves?

Sure. During the last phase I hypothesized that scum may have deliberately led us to find fake evidence by investigating Chaos, and they could have done that with Chaos being scum or not. Assuming they have control of fake evidence, I suppose. We've been having a hard time finding any evidence, which bothers me.

Well the evidence is the goal of this game, much like the backstories, interactions and goals in Death Note mafia.

The evidence may not be tied to people directly, but it could be treated as a puzzle, where some do fit to the story, and some simply don't.

As I theorized before, it's also possible that evidence is generated based on the actions people do, much like the suspicious levels are changing. Whether they turn into fake or not depends on the success of the actions or other interactions...

I had no interactions with evidence yet so I don't know. That's why I would like to visit the vault this night to see for myself how this works. 

The best expert on evidence is you cat5, and it's also troubling, because we haven't fully verified you. Sometimes I have a feeling that I'm L and you are Light :p Acting friendly and supportive yet not telling full truth. But just like L I wish to believe you, so I was trying to get some more reactions from you.

1 hour ago, VERTi60 said:

@Category 5 Hurricane @TheIrishman @FRAYDO @Killing You are you ready to claim your roles? It would make the puzzle more complete to determine scum team combinations.

I'm ready. Doubt it'll help my case, though, as it seems I'm once again being perma-labeled scum, and once again, I have nobody to blame but myself.

You guys are half-right when you say that I'm not town. That's because, technically, I'm not. I'm a neutral survivor, who simply has to stay alive or avoid being permanently detained in order to win.

That's the short version. The long version is this: I'm the younger brother of one of the assassins, who managed to evade arrest. That's why I had the grenade, my brother had given it to me so that I could use it to defend myself if I needed to. However, I made the decision to get rid of it because I felt like I didn't need it, as explained before. And yes, I did it to gain townie points as well, but not for the same reason you guys think.

I don't have any night actions, nor do I have any items at present. I was fully expecting for scum to pass me Cat5's Spyglass and try to get me investigated today so that they could claim I am the thief. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't, though, as being able to come out and say "I have your thing, you can have it back tonight" would have been helpful to everyone. Except scum, of course, but why be helpful to scum?

I apologize for my behavior yesterday, though, but I REALLY thought Verti was scum. To be honest, I also thought (and still think) Orange is scum, but I didn't see the harm in letting RNGesus do its thing.

That's all there is to it, really. And I don't have any problem being investigated. In fact, ##investigate Killing_You, as I am innocent, have no night actions, and passed away the only item I've had all game. I might have some evidence on me, though (even though my role PM says I don't).

7 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I would like to point out that chaos was all "Oops I was wrong tehe!" when vert was RNG'd, and now that:

A) There was no kill

B) He tracked me to Orange

C) Orange claimed roleblocked

He's still not voting orange.

6 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

This is suspicious shade thrown right after Verti suggested you two might be a pair, btw.

Are you guys playing reverse tug-o-war with me now? >_>

5 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Someone has an action that causes me to change the target of my actions, and so both the item I recovered (which was my Spyglass!) and Chaos's evidence were totally removed from the vault.

So my evidence was worth 10 pts.
This brings a question though. Was it fake or, maybe, not all evidence holds the same "weight"? We were set BACK after all.

5 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

The only catch of all this is Cat5's testimony. He's the one that claims there is a  thief (nobody else got their stuff stolen?) and now the recent action target switcher (nobody else got their targets switched?). So at some point we need to investigate Cat5 as well but for now we have Fraydo and Orange as biggest suspects.

Eh, I thought about it when Cat5 was basically defending you yesterday. Wouldn't be the first time scum team pulled a hoax but then you turned up completely innocent with no items and/or evidence.
Though I would recommend watching those sodium levels since quite a few of your posts felt more of an emotion rather than logic. :v 

5 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Otherwise the bad guys are: Thief, Killer, Target Switcher, and even possibly tracker. We know Jeod was a tracker, so scum could have one too (ey CK? :P)

As I said earlier (which is mod-confirmed to be truth btw) Jeod was a watcher/investigator. He could see actions taken but not targets.
I can see target(s) (idk, didn't get to see more than 1 so far) but not action taken. So I am a "true" tracker. You should know better as a GM yourself :p 

That's a pretty lengthy list of scum roles tho.

3 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Roleblocking changes your status. I went from suspicious to hostile when I smacked orange with my cane.

Huh. Grenade toss aka attempted murder via means dangerous to general public merely made Jeod suspicious, and beating people up is instant "suspiciout-to-hostile"-worthy? Wat.
How did you even get suspicious if you didn't have any actions beforehand? Props for coming out about it though.

3 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well I can always try and track someone else. Hopefully they won't go for Orange as well XD

3 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Ok meanwhile I would like to hear from @Chaos_Knight & @FRAYDO to tell us as much about their evidence as possible. See if that help us somehow to understand it. 

Considering that I had no visible evidence on me reported I am not sure I can help much here. Though I have to say that removing it from the vault has set our progress back, while placing it on the "correct" section has no positive or negative effects.

I am still spitballing because there is no other indication on whether something is true or not, but I imagine that to fulfill the "find all evidence" win condition, we need the fake evidence as well. So we will need to get your evidence back, or just eliminate scum the easier way, which looks like locking them up should be possible at this point.

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I am still spitballing because there is no other indication on whether something is true or not, but I imagine that to fulfill the "find all evidence" win condition, we need the fake evidence as well. So we will need to get your evidence back, or just eliminate scum the easier way, which looks like locking them up should be possible at this point.

I am fairly sure at least murderer should be marked as "hostile" atm. So there's that.

Though, the story of mysterious item and evidence disappearance is pretty odd.