[GAME OVER] CYOR- Marvel Secret Invasion Edition

Killing_You

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I can confirm that I was blocked, Cat5 knew the action that happened to me, and Sunflower confirmed it. As far as I'm concerned, Sunflower is not lying about her roleblocking ability.

ChopBam was able to use a block/counter action on Jeod yesterday so we can confirm that there is at least one blocker for the day and the night.

Fraydo claims to have done something to block ChopBam last night and Jeod claims that he cannot be targeted during the night while he is back in Asgard. That leaves us with almost half of those in this game being immune to actions during a certain phase or being able to block. Perhaps one or more of these players is lying?

Would anybody else care to share their thoughts?

I'll just say I can confirm KY did indeed "balance" the game, but I don't want to get into it too much if I don't have to.

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'll just say I can confirm KY did indeed "balance" the game, but I don't want to get into it too much if I don't have to.

If that is the case, than I find it likely that at least one of the blockers is a skrull. And one of those who was blocked is possibly a skrull.

Blockers:

• Sunflower
  • Fraydo
  • ChopBam (day blocker)

Blocked:

• iLikeToSnipe
  • ChopBam

12 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I can confirm that I was blocked, Cat5 knew the action that happened to me, and Sunflower confirmed it. As far as I'm concerned, Sunflower is not lying about her roleblocking ability.

ChopBam was able to use a block/counter action on Jeod yesterday so we can confirm that there is at least one blocker for the day and the night.

Fraydo claims to have done something to block ChopBam last night and Jeod claims that he cannot be targeted during the night while he is back in Asgard. That leaves us with almost half of those in this game being immune to actions during a certain phase or being able to block. Perhaps one or more of these players is lying?

Would anybody else care to share their thoughts?

We also have nearly half of the players in game claiming a possible seperate reasoning why the NK could have failed...

While it's easiest to focus on who was blocked, we still don't have anything more than circumstantial evidence to indicate that's why the NK actually failed, if it was even performed last night.

I'd find it just as likely that the Skrull could have roleblocked a player and not performed a NK just to get a mislynch in this case...

Just now, Shade939 said:

While it's easiest to focus on who was blocked, we still don't have anything more than circumstantial evidence to indicate that's why the NK actually failed, if it was even performed last night.

I'd find it just as likely that the Skrull could have roleblocked a player and not performed a NK just to get a mislynch in this case...

I was considering the meta point of having at least one roleblocker being a skrull. It's possible that none of them are, but I don't believe that's likely.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

That's what I was suggesting with FRAYDO tunneling me so hard before and after roleblocking me...

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

A pity we wasted yesterday on nothing instead...

Well hey, my vote was squared away on myself, but then somebody extra voted nolynch, removing at least the chance for me to die.

Frankly I think it would help us better if I died today, because there is too much discussion on the blockers and the blocked. I'd rather the dubious players were removed first so that scum couldn't continue to mislead. We can afford to lose me. My nighttime protection action is suicidal if successful anyway, so it's not really even a doctor role.

I guess there are lots of different types of roleblocks.

We have mine which is pretty much just a straight up targetable night roleblock. We have Chop's day ability: it's more of a protection ability really where he has to wait for someone to do an action first and then block it. We have Jeod's day block that he used on Shade, and Jeod's thing where he can't be targeted at night. And then we have FRAYDO's where we don't know for sure how it works, but Chop's theory is that he has to target someone. Does it only work if the person he picks tries to target him? I dunno.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

And then we have FRAYDO's where we don't know for sure how it works, but Chop's theory is that he has to target someone. Does it only work if the person he picks tries to target him? I dunno.

Don't these posts from yesterday and today indicate to you that my being blocked was a planned thing?

On 4/9/2018 at 11:10 PM, FRAYDO said:

This is fine. ChopBam and I can settle things over some beers and all will be swell. :)

14 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I can confirm a visitor. ChopBam and I had our drinks overnight and the poor guy passed out. I would wager I roleblocked the NK, though I would like to hear others' reasoning on the lack of the NK.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

We have mine which is pretty much just a straight up targetable night roleblock. We have Chop's day ability: it's more of a protection ability really where he has to wait for someone to do an action first and then block it. We have Jeod's day block that he used on Shade, and Jeod's thing where he can't be targeted at night. And then we have FRAYDO's where we don't know for sure how it works, but Chop's theory is that he has to target someone. Does it only work if the person he picks tries to target him? I dunno.

I think ChopBam's just mad that FRAYDO invited him out for drinks and he couldn't hold his liquor. :p

I assume FRAYDO targeted ChopBam in a similar method to how you use your ability.

5 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Thank you for reminding me about Jeod's day block, I forgot about that. So Jeod should be on that list of blockers as well. Also convenient that he cannot be targeted at night...

Just now, ChopBam said:

Don't you guys think that if Orange and I were scumbuddies, I wouldn't be that stupid and audacious on day 1?

Honestly I think you're town, or at least that that wasn't a scum tell, because I know I'm town, but I'm not adverse to you getting voted up if it clears me some :p

I knew there would probably be eyes on me during the night. So that's why I didn't try to shield a "high profile target." Any tracker would see that the person I visited didn't die. But ha, I ended up getting roleblocked instead.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly I think you're town, or at least that that wasn't a scum tell, because I know I'm town, but I'm not adverse to you getting voted up if it clears me some :p

Well now you pipe in on that. :p

I don't know if I want to "clear" you, because, you see, I don't know whether you are actually town or not. You're unusually quiet this game though...

Admittedly, since FRAYDO's description of his ability also brought to mind the though of him poisoning someone, some of these role blocking abilites might have also resulted in a NK or had some RNG to determine their outcomes?

Just now, ChopBam said:

Well now you pipe in on that. :p

I don't know if I want to "clear" you, because, you see, I don't know whether you are actually town or not. You're unusually quiet this game though...

It's hard for me to be on a lot because I have to use this laptop from bed.

10 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

And then we have FRAYDO's where we don't know for sure how it works, but Chop's theory is that he has to target someone. Does it only work if the person he picks tries to target him? I dunno.

I target someone overnight and give their night action a 25% chance to fail. If it worked on the person who targeted me, Irish's action would have failed.