[GAME OVER] CYOR- Marvel Secret Invasion Edition

Killing_You

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I actually have a problem with the scum!ChopBam argument because of how the D1 voting went. Unfortunately, Shade was vote blocked. Maybe we can try to find out how he would have voted?

Oh yeah, now I'm glad I didn't stop Jeod from hitting Shade. Huh.

7 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Nice job nailing Shade.

You know, when you're town, you seriously dog on me when I say stuff like this in response to a scum death. Are you a hypocrite this round? Or not town?

Hypocrite? No. Town? Yes.

You're right about the tunnel-vision though, I'll give you that. I'm currently rereading the thread from the start of today, and I think it's worth reviewing Sunflower.

##unvote

- Sunflower is scum case -

(Decided to reread from the very beginning)

D1
Mostly inactive past introduction, stayed out of the discussion except to voice concern of Jeod's action.

On 4/9/2018 at 2:01 PM, Sunflower said:

@Jeod I'm not sure if you already said, but I'm wondering why it's so important to use your action now and not later, when we have more info about who might be suspicious. Isn't it best for town if we use day cop/vig type actions to deal with situations where people are disagreeing about someone's alignment or if someone is just so obviously suspicious that we want to find out once and for all? Using it now is just kind of a crapshoot. I guess it might help to know who we can trust, but I'm kinda worried that flipping someone so soon is going to put a target on their back too

Those who appear town were all for Jeod's action. Shade speaks up to make us doubt in Jeod, and not too long after is where Sunflower voices her concern of immediate action.

In the excitement of Jeod's fake action and the responses that came out of it, Sunflower again remained out of the discussion.

On 4/9/2018 at 5:39 PM, Sunflower said:

Just playin with my floaty blocks.

A statement of no consequence, but input nonetheless. Also Mojoman hates floaty blocks.

D2
Category saw iLTS targeted by Hex, and Sunflower confirms this. ChopBam notes that "Execute" doesn't sound like a nice action, and on that same note neither does "Hex". However I also called him out on his Shield action not proving himself town either, so making judgements off of action names is dubious. Should we consider action names though, Hex and Execute are certainly not town-sounding actions however iLTS is reading town for me leaving Sunflower and Hex as a scum thing. Again though, judgement off action names is dubious.

We confirm that Hex was Sunflower's roleblock on iLTS, based on Snipe's last-minute late action from the previous day.

13 hours ago, ChopBam said:

There is another explanation, which means to me that 1) it's from ILTS being RB'd, 2) intentional inaction from Skrull, 3) alternate action from Skrull, or 4) something else we're not really sure about yet (such as BP or an unrevealed role attribute).

Since we have come to explanation 4 through Shade's death, I'm more sure iLTS is clear.

13 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

If that is the case, than I find it likely that at least one of the blockers is a skrull. And one of those who was blocked is possibly a skrull.

Blockers:

• Sunflower
  • Fraydo
  • ChopBam (day blocker)

Blocked:

• iLikeToSnipe
  • ChopBam

I know I'm Town, and if I remove the tunnel vision from ChopBam I am beginning to view him as town too leaving Sunflower as our scum blocker.

12 hours ago, Sunflower said:

And then we have FRAYDO's where we don't know for sure how it works, but Chop's theory is that he has to target someone. Does it only work if the person he picks tries to target him? I dunno.

12 hours ago, Shade939 said:

I assume FRAYDO targeted ChopBam in a similar method to how you use your ability.

This interaction raises a red flag for me. Sunflower was unsure of how my ability worked, but Shade chimes in that maybe it works "in a similar method to how you use your ability". I could be overreacting or looking at this wrong, or maybe Shade slipped here being as he shouldn't know or guess how my ability works in comparison to Sunflower's.

Shade death

After Shade gets hit by Mojoman's Javelin, we come then to myself and Sunflower as the scum suspects based on the BP and RB counts.

6 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

So onto the other Scum suspect, pretty much anyone can qualify, but I think Sunflower or FRAYDO would be our most likely culprits considering 3 night BPs and 2 night RBs.

6 hours ago, Sunflower said:

Does roleblock stop passives? I didn't think it did.

Anyway, I'm town. 

And Category's case here makes a great point, assuming the quote doesn't fail on me as it did him.

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Of course you are, sunshine. At the moment people start suggesting that the second scum member could be a roleblocker because of the number of BP roles, you suggest that roleblockers don't block passives. I don't like the angle you are going for there. The angle taken by TheIrishman suggests that one of your or FRAYDO are scum. By suggesting that roleblockers do not block passives, you open the field beyond yourself and FRAYDO. Why would that be your first thought? The whole reason why TheIrishman suggested that a roleblocker is scum is because they would need one to disable BP, but your angle suggests that roleblockers don't do that. The argument doesn't make sense for game balance, and it just so happens that your argument is mostly favorable to yourself. Infact, it's the argument that is most favorable to yourself. You didn't turn to FRAYDO and say "Well, if there is a scum roleblocker, it's him, k" because if he's town, that argument will just come back at you after a turn. So you chose the argument that roleblockers don't block BP instead. If iLikeToSnipe is town, I can see why scum would be afraid of him enough to roleblock him. Infact, I expected him to be killed, which is why I used my action on him. Oh, and by the way, you're so totally town.

Now that's sassy, Sunflower.

So in conclusion, if we're narrowing it down to Sunflower and I, I'm town and she likely is not.

nEpm0sj.png

##vote Sunflower

4 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

- Sunflower is scum case -

(Decided to reread from the very beginning)

D1
Mostly inactive past introduction, stayed out of the discussion except to voice concern of Jeod's action.

Those who appear town were all for Jeod's action. Shade speaks up to make us doubt in Jeod, and not too long after is where Sunflower voices her concern of immediate action.

In the excitement of Jeod's fake action and the responses that came out of it, Sunflower again remained out of the discussion.

To be fair to Sunflower, she's repeating the advice she's been given regarding use of dayvigs, especially in CYOR 3 where she was a scum dayvig and Orange was giving her pointers on appearing town.

A statement of no consequence, but input nonetheless. Also Mojoman hates floaty blocks.

She can get stressed pretty easily and was the only one aside from Shade to express concern about my plan. Filler content like this is common to see from her.

D2
Category saw iLTS targeted by Hex, and Sunflower confirms this. ChopBam notes that "Execute" doesn't sound like a nice action, and on that same note neither does "Hex". However I also called him out on his Shield action not proving himself town either, so making judgements off of action names is dubious. Should we consider action names though, Hex and Execute are certainly not town-sounding actions however iLTS is reading town for me leaving Sunflower and Hex as a scum thing. Again though, judgement off action names is dubious.

We confirm that Hex was Sunflower's roleblock on iLTS, based on Snipe's last-minute late action from the previous day.

The facts tell us that action names are directly related to the character and not alignment except for night kills. So if Hex sounds scummy to you, then you must really hate Scarlet Witch.

Since we have come to explanation 4 through Shade's death, I'm more sure iLTS is clear.

I know I'm Town, and if I remove the tunnel vision from ChopBam I am beginning to view him as town too leaving Sunflower as our scum blocker.

I'm having a hard time following the "one of the blockers must be scum" avenue. Mainly because it boils down to Sunflower being scum, and I'm not reading her as scum at all.

This interaction raises a red flag for me. Sunflower was unsure of how my ability worked, but Shade chimes in that maybe it works "in a similar method to how you use your ability". I could be overreacting or looking at this wrong, or maybe Shade slipped here being as he shouldn't know or guess how my ability works in comparison to Sunflower's.

That's the only thing from here so far that gets my attention. I'll have to go back and view the interaction in context, but it certainly looks like a slip from Shade. Again, I'm wary of accusing Sunflower for now so I'll check out this interaction in context.

Shade death

After Shade gets hit by Mojoman's Javelin, we come then to myself and Sunflower as the scum suspects based on the BP and RB counts.

And Category's case here makes a great point, assuming the quote doesn't fail on me as it did him.

Now that's sassy, Sunflower.

So in conclusion, if we're narrowing it down to Sunflower and I, I'm town and she likely is not.

Solid argument, I'll see if I can come to a different conclusion. That's not to outright suggest you're wrong, but due to work and life I haven't been able to follow the day well enough, and I'm not willing to just jump on a train.

Yeah I went back and read the context of the interaction you're quoting, and it's smack-dab in the middle of a discussion about how each roleblock ability works, started by how FRAYDO only blocked ChopBam but had two visitors (concluding that his is a targeted block). Sunflower's question would have been answered by Shade in the scumdoc in this instance, not in public. Also, Shade didn't slip: Sunflower had been explaining how her ability works in comparison to others, and Shade was comparing her ability to FRAYDO's targeted roleblock.

I don't think Sunflower's the droid you're looking for.

So let's see here. Scum need a roleblocker to get around the BP abilities. I propose that roleblocker was Shade. He performed the nightkill instead of using his roleblock, however. The second element scum would need in light of all these abilities is a way to discover other abilities and what they do. Therefore I propose Category 5 Hurricane as the second scum, as he's an ability watcher. In the event that Shade died, scum need a good daytime player to dance around town. Who better than Cat5?

My current top read is FRAYDO.  I'm not sure I buy the whole number of blockers argument, but I feel as if he was scum trying to get an easy mislynch on Chop or me D1.  I also think FRAYDO's attack on Sunflower could be more trying to throw us off his case.

I'm intrigued by Jeod's recent post though.

2 hours ago, Sunflower said:

You can vote me up if you want, but you'll be wrong. Like I said, I'm town. And like Irish so politely said, there's no way I could be paired with Shade because apparently I'm an idiot.

It was because you're both new >.> and a scum team of beginners doesn't seem right.

9 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

##vote ChopBam

9 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

##unvote

7 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

##vote Sunflower

39 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

##Vote FRAYDO

Votes counted.

CVC:

Jeod voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted FRAYDO
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted FRAYDO
Mojoman voted ChopBam
Category 5 voted nobody
FRAYDO voted Sunflower
Sunflower voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody

4/9 votes cast.

FRAYDO has the majority for the lynch (2 votes).

Time Left: 6h, 1m

Just now, Mojoman said:

##unvote

Vote counted.

CVC:

Jeod voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted FRAYDO
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted FRAYDO
Mojoman voted nobody
Category 5 voted nobody
FRAYDO voted Sunflower
Sunflower voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody

3/9 votes cast.

FRAYDO has the majority for the lynch (2 votes).

Time Left: 5h, 33m

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote Cat5

Vote counted.

CVC:

Jeod voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted FRAYDO
iLikeToSnipe voted Category 5
TheIrishMan voted FRAYDO
Mojoman voted nobody
Category 5 voted nobody
FRAYDO voted Sunflower
Sunflower voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody

4/9 votes cast.

FRAYDO has the majority for the lynch (2 votes).

Time Left: 5h, 27m